• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Unto Starlight [v0.1.1b] [Sano]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Lolichu

[Review as of 0.0.9b]

This game was quite a breath of fresh air for me. The character models are beautiful, the story feels original, and everything has an air of innocence and cuteness. Regarding the story, there are allusions to some dark aspects, and it hasn't gone heavily into the main story as of yet, so it's possible things will change there, but even when talking about serious events, things feel light. I just enjoy playing this game and living in the world. It slowly acclimates you to everything in the story nicely and consistently, though with one exception. There is a character who is introduced suddenly and it really felt like it broke the pacing that the story had held until that point. Ignoring that though, everything else about the game is lovely, and I look forward to the future updates.

Pros
    • Cute and fun characters that have beautiful models
    • A slow and consistent unveiling of the story. It seems very sure handed
    • It seems the dev has a story in mind and is realizing their vision, as opposed to chasing what's popular
    • Updates to the game are consistent (though small)

Cons
    • Maintaining classes is just an unnecessary chore that restricts your times
    • UI requires a few clicks to do anything, which gets tedious when you have to do it so many times
  2. 4.00 star(s)

quyen1998

I would have given this an Average score but I have faith that the Dev can improve the UI. So many redundancies and boring interactions just to get to the main stuff, hurting the pacing. Still, the main stuff is pretty good. Decent writing, great renders and cinematography. Too early to say this game stands out on its own, but I'm definitely looking forward to more.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Washington1234567

An amazing game that has a lot of potential the characters look good and the girls are good. The dialogue is well-written. I hope the developer sticks with this amazing game and it becomes something amazing.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

lierbex

An excellent beginning, where a boy from somewhere else comes to the big city in search of adventure, and farming elements with the girls.
    It is quite simple and at the moment contains very few sex scenes.

If something bothers me, perhaps it is that, as the game suggests, the classes have certain penalties, however there are classes that conflict with the activities of the clubs themselves(story mode). How the hell is that?

so maybe it ends up being somewhat repetitive

I would like there to be a system to somehow skip or avoid having to travel so much by subway for something as repetitive as going to classes. due is an action you make many MANY times.

Since the game has a growth mechanic, it is understandable that it does not have many erotic scenes FOR NOW, but it is well implemented for the version 0.03 . The creator seems enthusiastic and I love the charisma of the characters. I think it's good to give it a chance.