• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

unren not working sometimes... why?

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
hello.

for 95 percent of the time unren works as it suppose it.
then there are times where it doesn't for some reason. and for the reason it gives for not working are false.

Here's what it looks like what unren is working correctly.

working right.png

Heres the message I get when its not working.

why n6t.png
the unren app is obv in the game folder. and when I look for python.exe its in the folder.

What are some reasons why this could happen.
any suggestions on how to fix it

Reactions: clowns234

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
that's because the unren that you are using is out of date

download version UnRen-1.0.8 instead of UnRen-v0.91

the rpy and rpyc files are located in games/script or games/????

UnRen-v0.91 can't read the files that are in other folders

Raejyn

Oct 10, 2020
Sometimes it has to do with the file structure. Folders specifically. For instance, one time i copied a game folder. So, instead of

SomeRandomVN-0.65

it was

SomeRandomVN-0.65 - copy

The UnRen.bat would not find it until i renamed it to

SomeRandomVN-0.65-2

Pretty sure it just has to do with the maximum path length, but I'm way out of practice with my computer shit.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
@Raejyn the last post of this thread was One year and 10 months ago, so you basically resurrected a corpse. Please look always at the date of last activity.
Beside this you're right: With windows CLI tools one should hold path names simple. Underscores instead whitespace and just letters and numbers is a good practice for example. Hyphen is also ok.

Greets