Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I found something about the Layered Images problem here:

24 days ago, they claimed to have fixed an issue. I see that unren v0.7 is older, so it probably does not make use of the correction.

BUT: They also mention that unren violates the unrpyc license "(it does not include the license disclaimer anywhere as is required)", therefore they will not support it and mark all mentioning it as spam in their forum :-/
I don't think the fix that CensoredUsername put in will fix the Layered Images issue. All he does is make sure the path to the log file exists before opening it.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I don't think the fix that CensoredUsername put in will fix the Layered Images issue. All he does is make sure the path to the log file exists before opening it.
Well, that's a pity because Summertime Saga will have all new content based on that feature in future updates, and they plan to migrate all existing content as well...

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Well, that's a pity because Summertime Saga will have all new content based on that feature in future updates, and they plan to migrate all existing content as well...
So, here's what you do.
  • Download unrpyc from .
  • Install python on your system.
  • Get a failing rpyc file
  • Run: python unrpyc.py <rpyc file>
  • Report the error to him.
  • Don't mention unren.

QQBangBang

Apr 4, 2017
I've faced a weird problem...I can no longer hide interface on a savefile(it's ok in a new game or any other savefile).Rollback works but the hide interface suddenly has lost its function!What can I do?!
Is there a way to "refresh" my save file? or to force the H/mouse middle button functionality?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
So, here's what you do.
  • Download unrpyc from .
  • Install python on your system.
  • Get a failing rpyc file
  • Run: python unrpyc.py <rpyc file>
  • Report the error to him.
  • Don't mention unren.
OK, the problem is apparently solved with un.rpyc v1.0.12 now.

Btw/ why don't you do him this favor and mention un.rpyc in your license or in the credits?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
OK, the problem is apparently solved with un.rpyc v1.0.12 now.

Btw/ why don't you do him this favor and mention un.rpyc in your license or in the credits?
I mention unrpyc and give a link to its github page in the comments of the Mac/Linux version. The license is technically met because I unpack unrpyc, and it contains the stuff he wants quoted.

I can't say for sure what the Windows version unpacks, since I'm not running on Windows.

milfman11

Jul 27, 2017
Most of the new games uses layered images. It would be great if those can be properly extracted. Or atlest pls add an option to hide dialogue box so that we can take a screenshot.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Hi, i've used this for ages and I've been using v0.6, but I have a few problems. I only use it to enable the developer/console area and also to allow roll back through scripts.

I often find that if by using unren the game brings up an error screen before loading, but this can be ignored
The same error screen can also came up during game play and again it can be ignored but I always think that maybe I've missed an image.

I also find that quite often the home screen is missing the start button so I can't actually start the game. I get round this by starting a game and saving, then quitting, applying unren and starting up the game again. Although i still can't see the start I can see the load menu.

Are these known issues, or am i doing something wrong.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
@Davox I've not encountered those issues myself. In fact, I prefer to use v0.6 of UnRen versus v0.7. There must be something wonky going on on your end. I rechecked a game very quickly and works fine; nothing out of the ordinary here.

Editted as a reply to Davox.

Sep 8, 2018
First, thank you for this .bat file, it is a great tool and very useful in some cases. But I faced a problem for the first time. I used tool for a some .ren'py game and everything worked correctly and folders occured. But most of the images (which are .png) cannot be seen. I tried different viewers but always same results. I think they were encrypted somehow. Is it possible? What should I do?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
They could be just broken, but more likely they've been converted to webp format, just the extension is the one of the original images to avoid the trouble of editing all image file names in the script.

For example, IrfanView can handle pretty much any kind of compression and image formats and it does not get confused by wrong extensions.
To handle webp images with Windows own tools, get to see thumbnails and open images in the picture and fax viewer, you'd have to install webp codec.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
So has the Renpy 7.0 issue people were mentioning been fixed by the latest version of unrpyc?

The last few releases mention the layered images and renpy 7.0:

If I use unrpa rpatool from UnRen and then use the github version of unrpyc everything should be fine right?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Most of the images (which are .png) cannot be seen.
I second what Penfold have said--that they've most likely been been converted to webp format. F95 "crunched versions" of Ren'Py games are also converted to this format.

If I use unrpa from UnRen and then use the github version of unrpyc everything should be fine right?
I have not tried the stuff from github personally, but I don't recall anyone saying the layering issues were resolved. However, v1.0.10 from there was supposed to squash that, I believe. So, you should be fine, but I don't know first-hand. I've been told that (and the only game I can come up with at the top of my head) has partially implemented that and is slowly converting towards more layering; thus, if you have that game on hand, then that might be something you can test with. Best of luck, Maim!

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes