Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
ok heh shows how old mine is, but still it would be nice if there was one for systems without powershell
There's a mac one linked in the OP that would work with anything with bash and python I believe.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
There's a mac one linked in the OP that would work with anything with bash and python I believe.
hahaha you know i didn't mean with those, i meant with xp that doesn't have powershell
yea yea yea i know you'll gripe cuz i'm still using xp, but i like it, i only use win7 for games that can't be played on xp. i really detest win8,8.1,10....

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
hahaha you know i didn't mean with those, i meant with xp that doesn't have powershell
yea yea yea i know you'll gripe cuz i'm still using xp, but i like it, i only use win7 for games that can't be played on xp. i really detest win8,8.1,10....
You can easily install powershell on XP - here's a guide:

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
You can go for the solution gave by @bossapplesauce or you can go for another solution :
  • Install , then the port of . I haven't tested the *nix version of UnRen but like it's design to run on both Linux and MacOS X, it shouldn't use too specific features and this should be enough to run it on Windows. But I can not guaranty it ; when I need to use shell script this way, I cheat, writing them on Windows, knowing that then they'll also run fine on *nix.
  • You can also use your old version of UnRen.bat on win 7, and once you've installed un.rpyc, look into the "[path to the games]/[name of the game]/game" folder. You'll see the "un.rpyc" file and you can move it where you want to keep a direct copy of it. Then you can move this copy to Win XP and use it when you want.

Reactions: bas

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
You can go for the solution gave by @bossapplesauce or you can go for another solution :
  • Install , then the port of . I haven't tested the *nix version of UnRen but like it's design to run on both Linux and MacOS X, it shouldn't use too specific features and this should be enough to run it on Windows. But I can not guaranty it ; when I need to use shell script this way, I cheat, writing them on Windows, knowing that then they'll also run fine on *nix.
  • You can also use your old version of UnRen.bat on win 7, and once you've installed un.rpyc, look into the "[path to the games]/[name of the game]/game" folder. You'll see the "un.rpyc" file and you can move it where you want to keep a direct copy of it. Then you can move this copy to Win XP and use it when you want.
I hadn't thought about trying to run the Mac/Linux unren on Windows, but I guess it should work with cygwin, msys or something like that. As long as the *nix environment has /tmp, /bin/bash, tar, base64 and python 2.7.x.

You'll probably need to run UnRen.command in a bash shell and type in the path to the game. Option 7, "open game directory" probably won't work.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i just completely did a facepalm, i do not know why i never even tried that hahaha the last one, i guess i figured it was written to work with that release instead of being generic. thanks for that info.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
i just completely did a facepalm, i do not know why i never even tried that hahaha the last one, i guess i figured it was written to work with that release instead of being generic. thanks for that info.
It's a bash shell script that uses tar, base64 and python. Should work anywhere...I hope! :)

thjnh1591

Jul 17, 2018
I got this error a lot from many games if I use the force rollback option. How to fix this?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 281, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in <module>
    renpy.block_rollback(purge=True)
TypeError: unren_noblock() takes no arguments (1 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "F:\FamilyMatters-v0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\FamilyMatters-v0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Family Matters v0.3
Sat Sep 01 09:56:07 2018

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I got this error a lot from many games if I use the force rollback option. How to fix this?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "F:\FamilyMatters-v0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\FamilyMatters-v0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Family Matters v0.3
Sat Sep 01 09:56:07 2018
Use the latest version of UnRen (v0.7).

Jul 25, 2018
cannot locate python.exe I had 2.7 and If i type python in cmd it will work.. what pyrhon version or path are you looking at??

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
cannot locate python.exe I had 2.7 and If i type python in cmd it will work.. what pyrhon version or path are you looking at??
It uses the python binary that comes bundled with RenPy. Put it in either the base folder or the /game/ folder and it'll find it.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Is there a program equal to unren.bat that works for unity or VN?
There's a program called Asset Studio that will allow you to find and unpack assets for Unity games. The various RPGM games can be edited if you have the official game creation editors.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Anyone know why using UnRen and together on Mythic Manor crashes the game?

This is the only thing in my mod that is related to UnRen but I don't see why it would crash the game..
Code:
init 996 python:
    renpy.config.rollback_enabled = True
    renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 50
    renpy.config.rollback_length = 50

Enabling the console/dev menu and using my mod gives this error.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Anyone know why using UnRen and together on Mythic Manor crashes the game?

This is the only thing in my mod that is related to UnRen but I don't see why it would crash the game..
Code:
init 996 python:
    renpy.config.rollback_enabled = True
    renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 50
    renpy.config.rollback_length = 50

Enabling the console/dev menu and using my mod gives this error.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Rename your calls in your mod; you can add an "m" to the end or something, just make sure each instance is unique.

Reactions: Maid Lain
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes