Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Doesn't work with the newest Seeds of Chaos update even though the file is located in the same exact folder where python.exe is. Keeps saying it can't locate it.
It should be in the same folder as the main game exe, not python.exe. Also make sure there isn't any brackets or UTF8 characters in the folder path.

Reactions: D. Hardwood

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Could you please add the 'config.hard_rollback_limit' variable to the script also, as some set the value to zero or low numbers.

xexeros

Aug 29, 2017
do i need some sort of extra programe to open the file like you have in the picture? because when ever I double click it just opens up in note pad but looks nothing like the picture and gives me 0 options. ( sorry I am terrible with computers)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
do i need some sort of extra programe to open the file like you have in the picture? because when ever I double click it just opens up in note pad but looks nothing like the picture and gives me 0 options. ( sorry I am terrible with computers)
Er... Something is wrong with your configuration. It should execute it, not open it. But honestly I have no idea how to change the default behavior for this (.bat) extension.

JAcks

May 17, 2017
I figured something out in trying to get unren to work. Like others said make sure there are no characters in the folder name.Also make sure the folder is not in a double folder. Meaning extract the game, make sure the game is extracted into one folder. For example extract the game and transfer the folder to your desktop,then place the unren tool into the game folder,and then run the tool. This worked for me ,hopefully this helps.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I recommend adding renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 100 to the unren-rollback.rpy file. It means that in the unren.bat file after line 294:
Code:
echo   renpy.config.rollback_enabled = True>> "%rollbackfile%"
should be a new line:
Code:
echo   renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 100>> "%rollbackfile%"
The reason behind this is that some devs not only disable rollback but also set rollback limit to 0. In that case rollback won't work even after you enable it.

maikelblack

Jan 13, 2018
thanks for this i have look a longtime to find one hows funcionet. maybe you can tell mi to where to find i am a img photo encryprter or chancer to open png. thanks again.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Sorry, i'm a newbe i know but why there isn't a mod like this for Unity to? Maybe Unity don't use variables?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Sorry, i'm a newbe i know but why there isn't a mod like this for Unity to? Maybe Unity don't use variables?
How to explain this ? Oh, I know... Imagine that both Ren'py and Unity are car's building kits.

With the Ren'py kit you have tons of motors, seats, windshields, steering wheel and in fact tons of everything needed by a car. But you have only one "base" on what you can build your car. So each piece can only be put at their given place and whatever how unique your car will be, after driving few cars made with this building kit, anybody can drive anyone of them. They know where "this" will be, how "that" will works and so on.
In the opposite, you've Unity. It's also a car building kit, but instead of tons of motors, you've tons of screws, bolts, small metal pieces, etc. You don't choose which motor you'll use, you build your own motor, design your own gearbox, and in the end you put everything in whatever place you want. So, each time someone want to drive a car made with this building kit, this person need to relearn how to drive.

Reported back to the subject, with Ren'py you know where to find the variables and how to address them. And like the base is always the same, you also know how to do it. But with Unity, the variables can be everywhere. Each single value in the memory space used by the game can be, or not, a variable. Obviously each one can be found and changed, but to achieve this you need to make a new tool specifically for each game.
And this, simplified explanation is why you can't have an unRen-like tool for Unity.

uhruhri

Sep 4, 2017
For anyone that got error cannot locate python.exe even though you put .bat file in game folder, make sure you don't extract the game to "Program Files (x86)" folder too

I have habit to install/extract game to "Program Files (x86)" so when I moved game folder out of it the script is working

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
For anyone that got error cannot locate python.exe even though you put .bat file in game folder, make sure you don't extract the game to "Program Files (x86)" folder too

I have habit to install/extract game to "Program Files (x86)" so when I moved game folder out of it the script is working
That's not the problem xD. The problem is to put the game in any folder with parenthesis xD
It should be in the same folder as the main game exe, not python.exe. Also make sure there isn't any brackets or UTF8 characters in the folder path.

ShadowPersona

May 29, 2017
Don't know if this was mentioned before, but unren doesn't work if the game is on an external hard drive. That could also be the reason as to why people have trouble with running it.

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
Don't know if this was mentioned before, but unren doesn't work if the game is on an external hard drive. That could also be the reason as to why people have trouble with running it.
that's just not true...

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Hi. If anyone can enlighten me, ty.

For

i get
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 300, in script call
call expression "before_main_menu"
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 467, in execute_show_screen
renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Screen debug is not known.
error.

What am i missing here?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
What am i missing here?
You are missing nothing. It's a classical error which happen because the developer mode is enabled while it shouldn't be. The game you try use this mode to enable/disable it's own debug tools, but like the said tools aren't included in the release, boom...
Manually enabling the console, and the console only, is the only way to do with these games. Use to do it.

Reactions: Ignotus and eosar
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes