Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Can't get it to work. I did that, along the folder that says "game", inside the Au-Pair (which is the game I'm doing this for), folder. When I run Unren, I keep getting the error that says, "Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continure. Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?"

I've been trying in all the folders and still can't get it to work.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Game Compressor
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
Guys, anyone knows of a way to repack a rpa file sfter having extracted it apart from RPAExtractor?
getting this error whenever i try:
Cattura.PNG

edit. nvm managed to do it

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
@gsil247 and @19nils , are you sure that you put unren.bat on the main game directory ? The one where's the .exe file

@-Hex- : "images\\bg\?um" ? Apparently RPAExtractor don't like none ASCII character.

Reactions: -Hex-

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In my experience, you should start up the game at least once before running unren.bat (in the 'root' folder for the game, which shows the .exe., game folder, etc.). You just need to start it, and get to the main menu, and then quit. Also, I usually start up the game once after running unren.bat before doing edits.

Not Me

Jun 23, 2017
In my experience, you should start up the game at least once before running unren.bat (in the 'root' folder for the game, which shows the .exe., game folder, etc.). You just need to start it, and get to the main menu, and then quit. Also, I usually start up the game once after running unren.bat before doing edits.
I've never had to do that -- what have you seen that pointed you to launching the game first?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It seems to solve any 'error' problems when running unren.bat on a new game install.

19nils

Jun 3, 2017
Well, it seems that I just hit a few games which used either a old Ren'Py version or something like that. For example I couldn't get it to run for 'Corruption' by Mr.C, but it seems to work for most games.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
i know that i dont wanna run again like 3 times
Option 9 will run everything. In 0.6 there will be an option to go back to the menu instead of exiting after running a function.

amiga

Apr 22, 2017
Is it possible to add an alphabetic sorting option to developer console.
To change this manually you have to change the following line in "developer.rpym":
renpy.call_screen("_variable_viewer", entries=entries)
->
renpy.call_screen("_variable_viewer", entries=sorted(entries))

(sorry for my bad english) :happyblush

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Is it possible to add an alphabetic sorting option to developer console.
Or you can use another variable viewer, like this , which will do way more than just sorting the result.

spartan2177

Aug 27, 2016
I always get "Cannot locate Python.exe, unable to continue" error when I try to run this for any Renpy games, anyone know what might be the problem? I use windows 10 if that helps, I'm always running into problems with it.

Reactions: ubblesnop

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
This is a really great tool, but has something changed recently, maybe with Ren'Py? It used to be that I'd run option 4 and have access to the game scripts. But as of a week or two ago, all the files that would normally contain the script (by which I mean in-game dialogue) is all (I'm guessing) Japanese. Any ideas?

Edit: nvm, was using old version, all good now.

D

Deleted member 90384

Doesn't work with the newest Seeds of Chaos update even though the file is located in the same exact folder where python.exe is. Keeps saying it can't locate it.

Reactions: AllanKook
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes