Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
I'm (attempting to) using UnRen to correct dark images on many different games. What I'd like to do i extract just the image files (.rpa's) using UnRen option 1, correct them with my graphics editor of choice, and put them back into the .rpa format.

UnRen takes care of the 1st part perfectly. Photoshop and/or Paintshop Pro both handle fill light adjustment beautifully, but I'm stumped when it comes to putting everything back into the .rpa format.

Is there an app, batch file, incantation to be performed under a full moon - ANYTHING that'll put those blasted images back into the original .rpa format?

I've got a sinking feeling some of the images are actually jpg's also. Is there any way to be certain the correct file type is being assigned by UnRen? The images with transparency are obvious, the full screen non-transparent images not so much. Will that even matter?

Dec 3, 2017
I'm (attempting to) using UnRen to correct dark images on many different games. What I'd like to do i extract just the image files (.rpa's) using UnRen option 1, correct them with my graphics editor of choice, and put them back into the .rpa format.

UnRen takes care of the 1st part perfectly. Photoshop and/or Paintshop Pro both handle fill light adjustment beautifully, but I'm stumped when it comes to putting everything back into the .rpa format.

Is there an app, batch file, incantation to be performed under a full moon - ANYTHING that'll put those blasted images back into the original .rpa format?

I've got a sinking feeling some of the images are actually jpg's also. Is there any way to be certain the correct file type is being assigned by UnRen? The images with transparency are obvious, the full screen non-transparent images not so much. Will that even matter?

I've found this tool : https:// github. com/Shizmob/rpatool (I can't put links yet so just remove the spaces)
With the following command :
rpatool -c NAME_OF_ARCHIVE.rpa test.jpg script.rpy sprites(=an entire folder)
you can create a .rpa archive from files (You can separate the files with a space or specify an entire folder.

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
rpatool -c NAME_OF_ARCHIVE.rpa test.jpg script.rpy sprites(=an entire folder)
you can create a .rpa archive from files (You can separate the files with a space or specify an entire folder.
I got the rpatool-master, TY. I'm a little confused by it's usage tho.
Here's some pretty specific info on what I'm trying to do:

One of the .rpa files I want to create is named Allie. I maintained the original file structure with all the corrected images, so all I need to do is convert the current, entire Allie FOLDER into a single .rpa with the same name.

What would the command look like using the rpatool? I apologize if the question seems a little noobish, but I do fall into that category.

" rpatool -c Allie.rpa script.rpy sprites =Allie " is how I'm reading it, but my experiences with coding over the past couple of weeks has taught me this is, most probably, totally incorrect!

SLDR

Uploader
Modder
Aug 5, 2016
Hey @Sam, do you mind if I use UnRen as a base for a script that extracts Rogue-Like's archive.rpa file and automatically edits the .rpy files to include cheats? I'm planning on releasing the script publicly so people can quickly add cheats to their content modded versions of Rogue-Like.

And while I'm here, if you haven't figured it out yet @SciGuy, you want to write "rpatool -c Allie.rpa Allie". That'll do the trick. You don't need to worry about the files in the folder having different extensions or anything.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Hey @Sam, do you mind if I use UnRen as a base for a script that extracts Rogue-Like's archive.rpa file and automatically edits the .rpy files to include cheats? I'm planning on releasing the script publicly so people can quickly add cheats to their content modded versions of Rogue-Like.
Of course, that's fine.

Reactions: ang3like and SLDR

Markedone

Jul 13, 2018
Hi Guys
i get the following error when I run the game:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 281, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in <module>
    renpy.block_rollback(purge=True)
TypeError: unren_noblock() takes no arguments (1 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "Z:\Games\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.6.13e-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "Z:\Games\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.6.13e-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.6.13e
Sat Jul 14 11:04:04 2018
This post from Dorifor described how he fixed it:

"New [FIXED] I just had to remove the files that begin with unren from my game folder."
Are these files just created by the .bat or are they original game files.
What I want to know is are they safe to delete and wont impact the game at all?

Cheers Guys

Soulbringer71

Jan 26, 2018

While running game code:
python:

Full traceback:
python:
File "F:\Z-Virtual_Novels\LewdIsland-day5-pc\LewdIsland-day5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
File "F:\Z-Virtual_Novels\LewdIsland-day5-pc\LewdIsland-day5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
[...] What I want to know is are they safe to delete and wont impact the game at all?
Cheers Guys
Just rename them to *.bak or *.org and run the game/app.

If it still works -> delete.
If not -> restore.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Hi Guys
i get the following error when I run the game:

Code:

While running game code:
    python:

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "Z:\Games\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.6.13e-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
  File "Z:\Games\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.6.13e-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.6.13e
Sat Jul 14 11:04:04 2018
This post from Dorifor described how he fixed it:

"New [FIXED] I just had to remove the files that begin with unren from my game folder."
Are these files just created by the .bat or are they original game files.
What I want to know is are they safe to delete and wont impact the game at all?

Cheers Guys

While running game code:
python:

Full traceback:
python:
File "F:\Z-Virtual_Novels\LewdIsland-day5-pc\LewdIsland-day5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
File "F:\Z-Virtual_Novels\LewdIsland-day5-pc\LewdIsland-day5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
Just rename them to *.bak or *.org and run the game/app.

If it still works -> delete.
If not -> restore.
The problem is with a change in the code of Ren'Py v7 for the rollback function, and UnRen needs to be updated to fix.

Until Sam has the time to update UnRen, please use the attached file for rollback if you get this error. :)

Reactions: Nilo11 and Blazblue

Soulbringer71

Jan 26, 2018
The problem is with a change in the code of Ren'Py v7 for the rollback function, and UnRen needs to be updated to fix.

Until Sam has the time to update UnRen, please use the attached file for rollback if you get this error. :)
That did not help at all. Thank you though. It is a start menu problem. I do the rollback already and there is no new game on the menu. no way to start the game. start screen is error message, hit ignore and it goes to start screen BUT No new game option. It just is not there.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
That did not help at all. Thank you though. It is a start menu problem. I do the rollback already and there is no new game on the menu. no way to start the game. start screen is error message, hit ignore and it goes to start screen BUT No new game option. It just is not there.
Ok, then this may not be related to UnRen. What game are you playing and would you please post the error message?

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
I'm confused. I finally got it to work for me (using a mac with wine), but I'm really lost.

nice4u222

May 22, 2018
After using this tool in Milfy City only for console commands to be enabled each time a new animated scene begins there is a split second where it is checkerboxes, it really ruins the immersion was hoping you knew why this happened or a fix.

gaza9422

Jul 9, 2018
i extracted the images from summertime saga using your UnRen file and all the images are png, but it wont let me view them in any program i use for some reason, anyone know how to view them. i tried changeing the format from .PNG to .JPG but nothing is working?

VolksKrieg

Apr 6, 2018
i opened this application after pasting it on the directory, however i dont know what to do next ? when i choose number 3 it always says its finish. and yet next message is the exit key. how can i use the cheat, i play corruption. i dont want to grind every update.

never mind, i get it . thanks by the way for sharing it.

grozzzy

Oct 8, 2017
I tried but not worked so i found another method:
1. Download RPAPRO.
2. Extract.
3. Copy archive.rpa from your game(from game/archive.rpa) to folder RPAPRO
4. Rename archive.rpa to NAME.rpa
5. Run UNPACK AND DELETE ARCHIVE RPA.bat
6. Wait.
7. Your images in folder NAME.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes