Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

mikomess

Jul 12, 2017
I have a question. I have got unren. i have opened it. now what should i do to get the images of the game ? options 1 and 2? and where those extracted images appear?

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
I have a question. I have got unren. i have opened it. now what should i do to get the images of the game ? options 1 and 2? and where those extracted images appear?
instruction is already on main post. in short. move unren to the renpy game then "Game" folder.

to extract the images and other visual. use option 1.
As number 2 is to extract text/dialogue)

If you're not sure where the picture will be. take a picture of the game folder before and after. There usually is new folder appearing named Pictures or Videos. (just explore each folder. it costs nothing)

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
@Sam little bug from CommandLine. after entering the option and getting the finished message I press 1 to return to menu but the input memory for the option entered is not forgotten so accidently pressing Enter Without typing anything returns me to the last option entered
upload_2018-3-6_17-42-8.png

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Someone uploaded you bat file in a game thread and I have been using it ever since and been uploading it my self and Now I Have Found Where It Came From.

Thanks for the easy using bat file and it works like a charm.

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017

Usage (command line in sane folder as file):

python rpatool -x ArchiveToExtract.rpa
So I assume I need python for this to work? Also do I need to put the rpatool in the game folder that I want to extract from? Sorry I have no idea what the hell Im doing here.

No experience with command lines/directories and whatnot

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
So I assume I need python for this to work? Also do I need to put the rpatool in the game folder that I want to extract from? Sorry I have no idea what the hell Im doing here.

No experience with command lines/directories and whatnot
Yes to both.

Install python on your system, then move rpatool and the rpa file to the directory that you want to extract into. Then open a Terminal in that directory and use the command above.

Reactions: YaBoy

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
Yes to both.

Install python on your system, then move rpatool and the rpa file to the directory that you want to extract into. Then open a Terminal in that directory and use the command above.
So I installed Python 3 and put the .rpa that I wanted to extract in a folder with the rpatool and when I click on the rpatool a terminal opens up and says that stuff on the right.
Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 4.38.10 AM.png
It wont let me type anything myself.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
is there s source version of this or linux friendly please?
It's written as a DOS-style command script, so not really. Sorry.

Someone help pls
Your issue appears to be the non-English characters in your directory path. It should work just fine if you remove those and try again.

phforbob

Mar 4, 2018
I've tried this on summertime saga, and it spits out the contents of the rpa files, but the png's won't open, they all appear corrupt.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I've tried this on summertime saga, and it spits out the contents of the rpa files, but the png's won't open, they all appear corrupt.
That's because they're WebP files, open in Chrome.

Reactions: bas

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
This could be stupid question but can i pack the files back when they were extracted ? And i mean image files (used 1 in unren).

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
This could be stupid question but can i pack the files back when they were extracted ? And i mean image files (used 1 in unren).
You can use , but it's a Python script, so you'll need Python correctly installed on your computer.

thedriver72

May 2, 2017
Greetings.

I have a doubt and I did not know where to raise it, I know that it is a little outside of what this thread is.

Can you select text from a file and then copy and paste it into the console ?. I have a very long variable in text and it is very tedious to write it all in the console, besides being able to make mistakes.

Sorry for my bad English.

Thank you.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Hi, first of all, thank you for making this amazing tool and sharing it with us. It has nothing but a very useful tool until I wanted to extract the images of the game Intimate Relations where all the images are HTML type files. Is there a way to make them normal just like all the other Renpy games where the images are PNG type?

Thanks again for doing this.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes