Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

nebele

May 20, 2017
I read the whole thread and no one encounter the problem I have. So my problem is that, application works perfectly fine, at least seemingly. No error or crush etc. However when I "press any button" to close the window there are no extracted files. I looked everywhere in the game folder. As if application never even started. I tried multiple games. Dreams of desire, Mom seduction, etc. By the way I know about the "( )" problem. So folder names are valid. (DreamsOfDesireEP7-1.0b-ELITE-pc, Mother_seduction-0.6-pc). I think that maybe antivirus has something to do with it so I closed it. And I do not know what to do next. I guess I am missing something but dont know what.

Last edited:

nebele

May 20, 2017
@muttdoggy - First of thank you. And here we go: I tried to do properties thing and there was not such option to check however I right clicked and run it as admin. And this was new: It gave me error as I dont have python in my directory which I have. And then I runned without admin priviledges and it worked like before: seemingly. And after that there was no any new file. Screenshots are attached

Reactions: Mikla21069

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Only thing I can think of are 2 things... could the UnRen be corrupt and cleaning everything up?
Or somehow it could be putting it in the wrong directory?
Sam's the brains when it comes to Ren'Py. I'm more of the kind that can think of "what does a program do?" :D

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
@muttdoggy - First of thank you. And here we go: I tried to do properties thing and there was not such option to check however I right clicked and run it as admin. And this was new: It gave me error as I dont have python in my directory which I have. And then I runned without admin priviledges and it worked like before: seemingly. And after that there was no any new file. Screenshots are attached
The issue is probably special characters in the folder path, eg "masaüstü", try moving it to a path where it just has basic English alphabet characters

Reactions: Mikla21069 and Burt

nebele

May 20, 2017
Well actually "masaüstü" means desktop so its a folder created by windows itself. But I listened your advice anyway and moved my game folder directly to "C" and nothing has changed.
Maybe this is god, tries to tell me not to cheat, and maybe just maybe I have to find out pictures from the hard way and play the god darn games.
Or I can just back up everything and format the PC. I think I am going to choose this one. By the way thank you both @muttdoggy @Sam at least we tried :)

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
@Sam Bug in this - can't set the DIR variables correctly if there's an ambersand in the folder name

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Well actually "masaüstü" means desktop so its a folder created by windows itself. But I listened your advice anyway and moved my game folder directly to "C" and nothing has changed.
You still have the "can't find python" error, that's that ?
Oh, by the way, the permissions you should look at aren't the ones for "system", but the ones for "Nebi[...]" the batch file run with your authorizations.

This said, try with this file. It's a quick port of unrpa working directly in the game. So, put the content of the archive into the "[game base folder]/game/" folder, then launch the game.
WARNING : It's a really dirty way to do it. The game take few minutes to start, and you MUST remove the unrpa.rpy and unrpa.rpyc files immediately after you finally see the game menu, to avoid decompressing the archives each time you start the game. It can also "crash" if a single file take too many time to be decompressed (I already doubled the timeout delay used by ren'py, not really ready to increase it more).

Reactions: (^__^) and Graybo

nebele

May 20, 2017
@anne O'nymous thank you for advice but your explanation has too many warnings so I have worries for the app. Not that it is harmfull etc. but it is about me. and actually I formatted my computer. So far app works perfect. Thank you for your time and effort though.

TheFapper2

Sep 6, 2017
I'm receiving this error: upload_2017-11-8_2-4-56.png
The game directory is the correctly one. What that I do?
EDIT: I placed the game folder in the part C altrought in my desk with no one folder game with (i have a folder with my games), so maybe the problem is the partition D or the folder with various games?

Reactions: panzer051

Intima

Aug 5, 2016
Thanks for the tool... been helpful, but my only problem is that it extracts the rpa content in the game directory.
So I added output dir for extract and so far working for my purpose which to browse for the images only.

"%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%rpatool%" -o extracts -x "%%f"

This will create extract dir inside game dir. Just tested with Second Happiness, haven't tried with other games.

drac

Sep 7, 2017
love this tool, just one question when i run ren'py everything is openable except gui.rpy. just started to learn ren'py and would love to be able to open it also to see first hand how games are made up, is there a way to make the gui.rpy scripts also viewable ?

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
love this tool, just one question when i run ren'py everything is openable except gui.rpy. just started to learn ren'py and would love to be able to open it also to see first hand how games are made up, is there a way to make the gui.rpy scripts also viewable ?
It is though I just opened it with notepad++ so I am not sure what you mean?

drac

Sep 7, 2017
using the ren'py gaming program. all the other fields are usuable after unren except gui.rpy.

ok figured it out, the game doesnt have a gui.rpy the maker deleted it and combined the gui.rpy inside scripts.rpy

Last edited:

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Quick question. I understand how to use this tool to extract and uncompile the files and I get how to use it to access the hotkeys for Developer and Console mode.

But how do you use it (or those modes) to actually directly trigger events?

drac

Sep 7, 2017
ive found 2 games so far unren doesnt work with, get an error that python.exe cannot be found. the python file is in the game/lib/windows-i868 folder.

ok im dumb forgot all about the () problem it did have them once removed unpacked np.

jaycoap

Nov 20, 2017
can someone pls explain this tool's function, like "easy for dummy" like me?? much appreciate!!

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes