Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

RedFoot

Aug 20, 2017
It doesn't allow me to copy the file. I open it with winrar and I can't copy it or move it from within.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@Sam I will never thank you enough for your UnRen mod but you know the appetite come eating so i like to ask you if there is a way to see the variables in alfabetical order. I saw some ultimate renpy games that have this option.
Try Please "The Innocent Mother" game, UnRen give error (for me).

Last edited:

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
@Sam I will never thank you enough for your UnRen mod but you know the appetite come eating so i like to ask you if there is a way to see the variables in alfabetical order. I saw some ultimate renpy games that have this option.
Try Please "The Innocent Mother" game, UnRen give error (for me).
Yeah wierdly it does not locate python.exe although it is there in the game I never saw the game but got same error probably put files in different order / directory thus causing @sams wonderful script not to find python.exe
Athough conditions seem fine for script to work in that game
if exist "game" if exist "lib" if exist "renpy" (
set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-i686\"
set "renpydir=%currentdir%renpy\"
set "gamedir=%currentdir%game\"

Last edited:

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Its because you have like me not got the game in the right path
The extraction using 7 zip will put the game in a double directory named The Innocent Mother
So just go into the second directory in The Innocent Mother cut paste everything and delete the extra directory saying The Innocent Mother
Therfore you should have a main directory only named The Innocent Mother with all files inside thats why the script is correctly asking you if you are in the correct directory
Please delete the above post I would if I could but wierdly I cant edit it now

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Yeah wierdly it does not locate python.exe although it is there in the game I never saw the game but got same error probably put files in different order / directory thus causing @sams wonderful script not to find python.exe
Athough conditions seem fine for script to work in that game
if exist "game" if exist "lib" if exist "renpy" (
set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-i686\"
set "renpydir=%currentdir%renpy\"
set "gamedir=%currentdir%game\"
The strange is this game "The innocent mother" have 2 releases, UnRen work fine on the first release but give error on the second. File python.exe in both cases is in lib/windows-i686 directory.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Its because you have like me not got the game in the right path
The extraction using 7 zip will put the game in a double directory named The Innocent Mother
So just go into the second directory in The Innocent Mother cut paste everything and delete the extra directory saying The Innocent Mother
Therfore you should have a main directory only named The Innocent Mother with all files inside thats why the script is correctly asking you if you are in the correct directory
Please delete the above post I would if I could but wierdly I cant edit it now
It's strange becouse i put UnRen inside the directory where the exe is. I did the same for all my games and never had problem. In this case the directory create from 7zip is "TheInnocentMother-(Complete)-pc. See screenshot.
The first The Innocent Mother directory you see, i create it in my game folder where inside i put all the new releases. I did the same with all my games.
Screenshot 2017-10-06 21.41.42.png

Last edited:

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
It's strange becouse i put UnRen inside the directory where the exe is. I did the same for all my games and never had problem. In this case the directory create from 7zip is "TheInnocentMother-(Complete)-pc. See screenshot.
The first The Innocent Mother directory you see, i create it in my game folder where inside i put all the new releases. I did the same with all my games.
View attachment 25224
The issue is the brackets in the folder, remove them and UnRen will function fine.

It's a regression in 0.5 when I refactored some of the code, will be fixed in 0.6.

Reactions: Burt

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
The issue is the brackets in the folder, remove them and UnRen will function fine.

It's a regression in 0.5 when I refactored some of the code, will be fixed in 0.6.
Tks @Sam YTB. How about to see the variables in alfabetical order on dev console? It's is possible?

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
@Sam
Previously tried this on the game
maybe it was v004 at the time.
Encountered error, due to the game being made in Spanish renpy
later, in another thread, I saw that someone else encounter fail when trying a game which had extended characters in the file name. renaming the file solved their issue.
but in the case of bastard girls, the spanish extended characters are filenames within the rpa which crashes extraction.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@Sam
Previously tried this on the game
maybe it was v004 at the time.
Encountered error, due to the game being made in Spanish renpy
later, in another thread, I saw that someone else encounter fail when trying a game which had extended characters in the file name. renaming the file solved their issue.
but in the case of bastard girls, the spanish extended characters are filenames within the rpa which crashes extraction.
If you are talking about CG UnRen work well for me on BG 0.0.7

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016

Makes sense probably why I never had a problem before I usually dont have folder within folder or brackets as I generally have a named path like the original game would. Thanks for clearing that up sam

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Makes sense probably why I never had a problem before I usually dont have folder within folder or brackets as I generally have a named path like the original game would. Thanks for clearing that up sam
7zip generate the brackets but Sam was right, i delete them and UnRen work perfect now

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
So awesome, thank you very, very much for this tool! Previously, i'd ended up copying the files to my mac, then running a command line script there. (My PC is faster, too, so the extract is near instant).

True story:
I'd seen the packaged up Ren'py archives for over a year and only a few months ago learned how to extract them, despite making games in Ren'py for longer. Then only last week did I finally learn how to compress / compile into an RPA inside Ren'py when building a new release.

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Mighty tool, used it to extract images from "My Legacy" ...
ty dude

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes