Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.3] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I play on Windows. The settings for the textboxes gets saved when I import that file to another game, and strangely so does the setting for showing the button, but the position of the button and the colors and opacity of the mod's menu strangely don't get saved. Or maybe I need to restart the game, for the changes to be applied.
Customized textboxes are saved in an .urm file, which you can copy and load into another game.
Appearance settings you can set globally or only for the current game. When set globally they are automatically transferred to ever other game.

Griinch

Stealing your Christmas for no reason
Uploader
Jul 20, 2021
Check the "Exception" in your traceback.txt file: "This mod (x52URM) does not support Ren'Py version 6.99.13.2919. Lowest supported version is 6.99.14."
I know...was letting him know for next update if/when he gets around to it

kenshiro2k

Jul 5, 2017
Please just read the 2-3 message above yours -- it's exactly the same issue.
theMickey_

Thank you for informing me of this, is there a way to get the previously released URM (URM v1.15.2 and prior), as currently I am finding the new versions v2.1.3 and v2.1.4 Beta.

Again thank you and appreciate your time.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM is not going to support older versions or Ren'Py. Check this FAQ item:
Exception: 0x52: Incompatible Ren'Py engine version
When you get the exception "0x52: Incompatible Ren'Py engine version" when starting a game it means that the Ren'Py version used by that game isn't supported by URM.
You could try upgrading the Ren'Py version as explained here.

Thank you for informing me of this, is there a way to get the previously released URM (URM v1.15.2 and prior), as currently I am finding the new versions v2.1.3 and v2.1.4 Beta.
The minimum supported Ren'Py version never really changed, but you can get any version of URM through . Click "load full history" under the changelog and you can then click any version number to switch to that version's download page.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes