Unity games

Random001lel

Jul 1, 2022
So I've been having issues with Unity games. Any game that were made with Unity just trying to overheat my laptop and I can't figure it out how do deal with them and I mean any game (from high quality 3d games to simple and small 2d games). Rep'py, RPGM, Java etc. games are working just fine, it's always Unity ones.

I'm not familiar with game engines or how games are made, nor know much about PC's , so I could use some help with this.
All i know is that my laptop is pretty low end so it could just be that, but maybe there is a way to help the situation out in a way :/

It's a Lenovo Thinkpad with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3520M CPU, 8G Ram, 64bit

Any help is welcomed, even if its just saying that "yeah you shouldn't force those games" lol ,I'm just curious if the problem is solvable or not. :v

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
So I've been having issues with Unity games. Any game that were made with Unity just trying to overheat my laptop and I can't figure it out how do deal with them and I mean any game (from high quality 3d games to simple and small 2d games). Rep'py, RPGM, Java etc. games are working just fine, it's always Unity ones.

I'm not familiar with game engines or how games are made, nor know much about PC's , so I could use some help with this.
All i know is that my laptop is pretty low end so it could just be that, but maybe there is a way to help the situation out in a way :/

It's a Lenovo Thinkpad with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3520M CPU, 8G Ram, 64bit

Any help is welcomed, even if its just saying that "yeah you shouldn't force those games" lol ,I'm just curious if the problem is solvable or not. :v
And these Unity games you play, they don't have settings? Tweak stuff to Low/Medium etc?

Random001lel

Jul 1, 2022
And these Unity games you play, they don't have settings? Tweak stuff to Low/Medium etc?
The ones that had settings for performance improve, did nothing. It did not matter what quality or resolution i start the game its just unplayable after a couple of minutes :/

Random001lel

Jul 1, 2022
The ones that had settings for performance improve, did nothing. It did not matter what quality or resolution i start the game its just unplayable after a couple of minutes :/
Heres a few games that i try to play but had to stop because of it:
Kaiju Princess
Love Tavern
Lust's Cupid
Breeding Farn
NTR Legend

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Shit optimizations, that being said I've heard few times that some people tend to cap the FPS in these games to deal with such issues. Not sure is there truth to it or not, that being said little known fact that Unity consumes CPU like Ferrari fuel.

In my personal opinion another issue is that you're on a laptop, 64bit with 8 GB Ram. You don't -really have- 8 GB Ram for usage since W10 takes like what? 4 or something when working? (Presuming you're on W10). I've had a laptop myself till recently and I've experienced nearly the same issues as you have.

What's your GPU?(if there is any in there, unless typical integrated crap)

Random001lel

Jul 1, 2022
Shit optimizations, that being said I've heard few times that some people tend to cap the FPS in these games to deal with such issues. Not sure is there truth to it or not, that being said little known fact that Unity consumes CPU like Ferrari fuel.

In my personal opinion another issue is that you're on a laptop, 64bit with 8 GB Ram. You don't -really have- 8 GB Ram for usage since W10 takes like what? 4 or something when working? (Presuming you're on W10). I've had a laptop myself till recently and I've experienced nearly the same issues as you have.

What's your GPU?(if there is any in there, unless typical integrated crap)
Integrated crap :/
Well, I guess I'm just gonna ignore these games then and just enjoy what I can.
Thanks for the help though!!

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Integrated crap :/
Well, I guess I'm just gonna ignore these games then and just enjoy what I can.
Thanks for the help though!!
Oof mate. I've had integrated and some... decentiiish(crappish) GPU. And I had numerous issues myself, but if you're running a laptop with those specs and some random integrated intel card... yeah, I don't think that's gonna cut it.

Sorry to hear you're having shit with it though. Best of luck mate.

Random001lel

Jul 1, 2022
Oof mate. I've had integrated and some... decentiiish(crappish) GPU. And I had numerous issues myself, but if you're running a laptop with those specs and some random integrated intel card... yeah, I don't think that's gonna cut it.

Sorry to hear you're having shit with it though. Best of luck mate.
All good :D , after high school I learned my lesson that beggars can't be choosers. I can still play most of the games, so I shouldn't really complain about it. :)

• Sad
Reactions: Mystic