VN Unity developer here, considering making my first VN, looking for an artist/animator maybe? :)

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Summary:
What am i?: 27yo european Developer for unity
What do i need?: Artist
What do i want to work on?: A VN from scratch, about family fun
I want nothing to do with rape/underage/corruption or basically the more abusive things

The longer...

I'm a developer that has gone away from programming as a profession to just programming as a hobby. I like to challenge myself. My most ambitious Unity project was a multiplayer FPS game, which i made a couple of years ago. I'm exceptionally good with UI development. I've previously also worked as UI and game client developer for a notable indie game project with many tens of thousands of followers. All developers left that team due to changes from unity engine to unreal. I find it mostly fun doing UI work, so thats why I've considered just recently to maybe work on a VN project and not feel so constrained within the Ren'py world or RPG maker or whatever people use.

I'm looking for an artist to work with me, to also come up with ideas, designs and of course most of the artwork, I want to be able to focus on the coding, and maybe a bit of the story.

These fetisches might be overused or cliche but i find it more fun to work with something that i find intriguing. Mainly it should be a male protagonist, but it would be cool to also consider doing both eventually, so it can be interesting for a wider audience.

Anyone that might be interested? Let me know!

Filthy

Jul 29, 2017
What kind of artist? 2d like most eroge? 3d? would it be rendered pictures or rendered in unity with animations?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
What kind of artist? 2d like most eroge? 3d? would it be rendered pictures or rendered in unity with animations?
Just stills for now, pre-rendered images, i'm flexible on if its character and background separately. I don't think i will go for animations at this time, maybe something at a later date. I mean its easy to implement but just takes longer to make it.

It depends so much on the artist as well on what he/she "feels" like is a good combination. I'm working on making a more flexible VN engine for that reason, so that the artist can get a bit more freedom if so is wished.

If an artist is interested the limitations lay with the artist, I don't want someone that would take too much of a challenge for themselves, i rather work somewhere in the middleground where maybe technology is a bit simpler but its faster to deploy.

I have also have another idea that involves renders from Unity, without animations but I'm not disclosing all of that right now.

In short: Depends on what the artist is capable of doing in a timely fashion and with acceptable quality, i'm flexible. I also want it to be fun to work with for the artist :)

Thanks for your reply!
/A

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Bump, still looking for an artist to work with me on this. Probably going for DAZ renders, no animations for now, anyone interested?

Vitriks

May 12, 2017
I want nothing to do with rape/underage/corruption or basically the more abusive things
That sounds very boring. There has to be at least couple descent fetishes. Like traps(cross-dressing), shotacon, dickgirls and vanilla femdom. Or something more casual like mentally/physically strong female, curvy females, action/adventure story. Usual incest is overused and you have to push every aspect to the game to the max(characters, story, visual) to create something gainful.

Only my personal opinion.

Last edited:

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Perhaps but I do have some ideas to the story that isn't the regular college kid / dropout that stays at home etc etc, it would be more adventurous than that. Something that I haven't seen in the games i have played from this forum , or have seen elsewhere. When it comes some characters yes there should be some more variation, but at the same time the artist would have to say what is doable in this case, and then build around that too.

I'm confident that I can make this work, and it will be a fun project. And there can be multiple interesting fetishes as well, and when i mean corruption, i was revering more to mind control stuff, corruption is fun and a part of progressing through the story line, so i'm sorry i kind of used the wrong wording there.

You could have fetishes like voyeurism, exhibitionism, anal, breastfeeding, threesomes+, bondage options and bdsm would be interesting as well, potentially some blackmail in there. I think different paths and characters with variation is important.

Thanks though for sharing your opinion though, I do appreciate the feedback,

Dag Robertson

2D Artist
Game Developer
Jun 20, 2017
Summary:
What am i?: 27yo european Developer for unity
What do i need?: Artist
What do i want to work on?: A VN from scratch, about family fun

The longer...

I'm a developer that has gone away from programming as a profession to just programming as a hobby. I like to challenge myself. My most ambitious Unity project was a multiplayer FPS game, which i made a couple of years ago. I'm exceptionally good with UI development. I've previously also worked as UI and game client developer for a notable indie game project with many tens of thousands of followers. All developers left that team due to changes from unity engine to unreal. I find it mostly fun doing UI work, so thats why I've considered just recently to maybe work on a VN project and not feel so constrained within the Ren'py world or RPG maker or whatever people use.

I'm looking for an artist to work with me, to also come up with ideas, designs and of course most of the artwork, I want to be able to focus on the coding, and maybe a bit of the story.

These fetisches might be overused or cliche but i find it more fun to work with something that i find intriguing. Mainly it should be a male protagonist, but it would be cool to also consider doing both eventually, so it can be interesting for a wider audience.

Anyone that might be interested? Let me know!

hello, I am mainly a draftsman and I have been designing and developing my own game for 2/3 months, I have already implemented my tools of design and softwere-design and I have already signed up for Patreon (i'm also looking for a simple web-site with the possibility to have a pay-pal link system or something else).

the game I am developing has a good structure in the plot and I have already schematized many steps and guidelines with which to proceed; i'm working thery seriously on this project, because i want change my life and do this.

I do not have much experience in the field of engine programming and development (working alone I think that I will dedicate myself to the ren'py system)

PS
the game i'm developing has the story thery near at what you are searching.

if you are seriously interested in discussing a common project let's hear a message and then exchange emails so as to continue outside the forum

Hello

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
hello, I am mainly a draftsman and I have been designing and developing my own game for 2/3 months, I have already implemented my tools of design and softwere-design and I have already signed up for Patreon (i'm also looking for a simple web-site with the possibility to have a pay-pal link system or something else).

the game I am developing has a good structure in the plot and I have already schematized many steps and guidelines with which to proceed; i'm working thery seriously on this project, because i want change my life and do this.

I do not have much experience in the field of engine programming and development (working alone I think that I will dedicate myself to the ren'py system)

PS
the game i'm developing has the story thery near at what you are searching.

if you are seriously interested in discussing a common project let's hear a message and then exchange emails so as to continue outside the forum

Hello
Hey! I just saw your reply, albeit a bit late but it's been busy times :) I saw you started releasing your game! That's great. Wish you the best of luck, and hope it's going well for you!

/A

Dag Robertson

2D Artist
Game Developer
Jun 20, 2017
Hey! I just saw your reply, albeit a bit late but it's been busy times :) I saw you started releasing your game! That's great. Wish you the best of luck, and hope it's going well for you!

/A
thanks for the ecouragment

have a nice day

Reactions: Aesouh