What do you think of the game so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
I would highly suggest some directional signs. Like up, left, right, down with what buildings can be found. The, what I assume to be, placeholder assets makes things hard to navigate.
Not sure what you're referring to as placeholder assets, but directional signs are a great idea, gonna add them next update.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Not sure what you're referring to as placeholder assets
Placeholder.png
Random windows clipping, empty signs put above the doors, the doors being sci-fi. There's also just some weird layering all over the place.

If you don't want to spend time redrawing the entire town. I would suggest looking up "Old School Modern Resource Pack"

It has that Mother/Earthbound aesthetic Toby Fox was inspired by and it's like $9USD on Steam. I'd consider it a good investment if you set up a Patreon.

Edit: It seems every instance of the word "Forest" is misspelled as "Forrest."

Edit 2:
Placeholder 3.png
More empty signs, a mismatched set of doors, snow on the roof?

Placeholder 2.png
Police station doesn't even have a door and the sign above it implies a bank or store. Plus a snowy looking window that just shows the side of the building?

Last edited:

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
View attachment 3622911
Random windows clipping, empty signs put above the doors, the doors being sci-fi. There's also just some weird layering all over the place.

If you don't want to spend time redrawing the entire town. I would suggest looking up "Old School Modern Resource Pack"

It has that Mother/Earthbound aesthetic Toby Fox was inspired by and it's like $9USD on Steam. I'd consider it a good investment if you set up a Patreon.

Old school aesthetic is just what I need, thanks!

Also, Forrest misspelling is intentional.

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
View attachment 3622911

Edit 2:
View attachment 3622965
More empty signs, a mismatched set of doors, snow on the roof?

View attachment 3622971
Police station doesn't even have a door and the sign above it implies a bank or store. Plus a snowy looking window that just shows the side of the building?
I tried to recreate the Deltarune hometown map as well as I could with the assets that I had, never really used RPG maker before so I wasn't sure what asset packs had what I needed. I'll try to improve the map with new assets in the next update!

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I tried to recreate the Deltarune hometown map as well as I could with the assets that I had, never really used RPG maker before so I wasn't sure what asset packs had what I needed. I'll try to improve the map with new assets in the next update!
Well I'm glad I could point you in a direction!

I hope none of what I've said has come off as disparaging!

So far the game is very entertaining. Plus I put in a meme name and got this and died from laughter.
Screenshot 2024-05-10 182644.png

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
Well I'm glad I could point you in a direction!

I hope none of what I've said has come off as disparaging!
Nothing came off as disparaging, I love criticism! I want to know what the weakest parts of the game are so I can improve them.

So far the game is very entertaining. Plus I put in a meme name and got this and died from laughter.
I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Half the reason I went with a custom name is for funny interactions like that haha.

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

brainrot280

Sep 20, 2020
this is Great, reminds me of Nano control on the way the game presents mind control, and the art is awesome!!! cant wait for more!!!

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I think I encountered a sequence break bug?

I walked up to Chara, got some dialogue about adding her to the harem and suddenly the MC and Frisk are talking like I've got max mind control... when I have 2 points?

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
I think I encountered a sequence break bug?

I walked up to Chara, got some dialogue about adding her to the harem and suddenly the MC and Frisk are talking like I've got max mind control... when I have 2 points?
If it's what I think it is, then I doubt it's a bug. Frisk is just too much of a people pleaser to say no, especially when you've got even a little bit of control over her.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
If it's what I think it is, then I doubt it's a bug. Frisk is just too much of a people pleaser to say no, especially when you've got even a little bit of control over her.
IDK came off as a little too willing to mind control people into a sex puppet on the second day. I think a threshold between doing stuff while in a trance and while not in a trance would be effective. Even Nano Control had a little build up. With the cheats you've provided I don't think anyone would mind.

Edit: Susie better come back from being missing :devilish:

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
IDK came off as a little too willing to mind control people into a sex puppet on the second day. I think a threshold between doing stuff while in a trance and while not in a trance would be effective. Even Nano Control had a little build up. With the cheats you've provided I don't think anyone would mind.
Fair, I should rework some of the lvl 1 and 2 quests, they were originally made when they were they ONLY quests possible to do. Ideas for a future update.

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
No Patreon page? That's surprising.
1. I don't think I can legally make money off of this, I do not own undertale.
2. I don't think I can morally make money off of this, I do not own the OC's in the game (Betty, Clover, etc.)

Maybe I'll make a patreon when I make a truly OC game, but that time isn't now.

Keikukey

Jan 8, 2023
Undertale fangame my beloved

Seriously usually I hate RPG Maker games but this one looks really good right now! I'm excited for its future! Good luck!!