Unaware of the World - 2D Open World RPG Discussion Thread

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Hello, lads. We are creating a hentai game (as in the title) that is inspired by many different games, but in terms of looks/gameplay it will be closest to Insexsity I believe. But by all means we aren't trying to copy their game, we have our own vision, but you will always find some similarities with other games, especially in similar genre.

Overview - Basically, we are trying to make something more ambitious by adding RPG elements, character creation, more advanced dialogues and freedom like in open world games. You aren't bound to one route or work place and outcome always depend on your choices. There will be place for love (getting a boyfriend), for NTR (cheating on him), prostitution (trying to earn money to make a living), slutness (getting addicted to sex) and rape (by wrong choices or getting in relationship with wrong people). And all events will always have more than one way out of them, so if you aren't into rape, you can always avoid it, if you play it the right way.

Plot - Main character is an innocent, beautiful 21 years old girl who left her family house in a small village and moved to the big city in order to start her new, adult life. Totally unaware of the big world and with no experience with an opposite sex, she will have to find a way to pay the bills to keep her new flat. She will struggle and try to overcome the dangers of the daily life (in her work, on the streets, and even in her house), and it's up to the player which path she will choose and how low she will fall.

Features:
  • Open World - Action takes place in big, modern city. Main character is allowed to go, work and live where she wants, and to do what she wants.
  • It's all about the choices - You can create someany kind of relationship with every major character that you meet, and each one of them have its own personality and story. You will find yourself many times in different situations and you will have to make a choice, and each choice, sooner or later, leads to some after effects, but there’s always more than one way out from each situation! SPOILER! - You are looking for a tenant and the person you found turned out to be a real asshole. If you let him be, you will end up as his toy. If you break with him, he will blackmail you and seek revenge. Or... if you made friends with a cop for example, he might save you.
  • Charm & Lewdness - Main character has few different stats. 2 main of them are Charm & Lewdness. These stats measure what kind of person our character is, and more doesn't always mean better. Charming person might have it easier in life and be better at seducing people or even finding a better job, but also can attract more thugs, molesters etc. Having too much Lewdness can open some dirty paths for the character, but also change how she perceives the world and her dialogue choices. Another 2 are Cleanliness & Energy. These stats can be depleted and you might feel some harsh consequences if they reach 0, so it’s always best to pay attention to them. There are also few minor stats, like sex experience that can unlock new sex positions, or being a virgin that changes existing dialogues.
  • Ambitious Dialogues - We are trying to make something more ambitious with dialogues and choices, rather than just "let's fuck" and "yes/no". But don't you worry, we won't be throwing tons of text at you, it's not a Visual Novel after all.
  • Quality Animations - Animations are really important in these kind of games, and we try our best to make them as smooth and realistic as possible. So expect some bouncing boobs and even moving clothes and hairs.
  • Quality over Quantity - We prefer to make one, big game with lots of content where everyone can find something for himself, instead of releasing small games every few months.
  • Voice Acting - Well, only for main character’s moans.
  • Character Creation & Customization - Player can choose her name, breast and body size, face parts, hair style and color. Support for skin color will also be added in the near future.
  • Items & Clothes - Of course, you can dress your character in various ways. There are 5 changeable parts - top (shirts, bras), bot (pants, skirts, panties), shoes, glasses and hats. There are also items, like condoms, vibrators, energy drinks, aphrodisiacs and so on.

screen 7.jpg screen 3.jpg screen 11.jpg screen 12.jpg screen 13.jpg

Do you guys feel that there's place for such games? Or do people prefer something simple and fast without any deep gameplay?

Our page:

Amar96

Nov 2, 2019
Define deep.
I am liking your game mate but I am not sure about it's deepeness. It's not shallow or anything just dunno :WaitWhat:.
Can tell it's RPGish, and want it to improve even further.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Amar96 Well, you are replying to a post from 2018 when we had bigger team and tried to choose a path and set a goal for our project back then. Team disbanded long time ago and it's mostly me alone continuing the project right now. But I'm aiming to achieve the points above in the future, though working alone might take a while, especially when you want to improve quality instead of doing shallow and half-assed work.

Reactions: Amar96

Amar96

Nov 2, 2019
I didn't know this. So this is why you change your name from team to mr?
I wish you to acheave them!
Are you all alone now? Doing everything from coding, animation writing and so on?

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Amar96 Sorry about late as hell response, I didn't see your post in the notifications (probably because of the lack of being tagged).

Well, sort of :p I wanted to have some kind of nickname, so people wouldn't refer to me by my team's name.

I still plan to build a proper team at some point. For example, my current writer (Lepuz) got hired few months ago and I'm teaching him Unity and my dialogue tools, but currently it looks like that - I'm doing all of the programming, game designing, event creating, scripting dialogues, animating, advertising, dealing with bug reports/people and some of the writing and bug testing, too. The only 2 things I'm not doing are sound and art. I just bought some sounds/moans and I'm paying my friend for all the art, but I still have to put it all together in the game myself. Lepuz also helps me out with bug testing the game. So yeah, I work mostly alone. I'm also dealing with major health issues, that's why progress is slow as hell. But I'm optimistic and I will get there, sooner or later.

Reactions: TheAlFen

Kohlauf

Jun 6, 2021
I go to start work at the Diner.. and apparently I "am not ready". The quest isn't giving me a hint as to why... What am I missing? Otherwise game is distinct from a lot of other adult games, I like the look of it and the game play

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Kohlauf Hey mate, you should post in this thread instead:
https://f95zone.to/threads/unaware-of-the-world-v0-20d-basic-unaware-team.22307/

If you are playing v0.20, there's a bug that prevents you from working at Kevin's Diner if you loaded the game while being in the middle of Kevin's quest. So you have to take job from him and finish first day of work (where you serve bald guys etc.) without loading game during this time. It got already fixed in v0.21, but public release will come out in late November. Sorry about the inconvenience, found this bug only recently.