Unable to launch RPGM games.

Nykus

Apr 26, 2018
Hi,

I'm having trouble launching certain RPGM games. Sorry but I can't tell which icon is supposed to be what version of RPGM. There are some games where errors pop up so there's probably some solution in the threads but...

I cannot seem to launch any of the blocky guy on a green field icon ones (I guess it's RPGM MV games?). All the other ones work fine (the sun icon, dragon icon, unicorn icon, wolf rpg ones).

When I try to launch the game.exe the previous folder opens up through the exe.

I installed all the RTP, updated windows, cleared registry with CCleaner.

I seem to be able to play some games through the index.html thingy though but then again other games (when launched through index) then don't display on screen images and the screen get filled with "missing image" errors.

However, when I download the same games from some sketchy alternative source then it's fine.

I'm running windows 7 x64.

Any ideas?

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I have the same problem. When I want to start these games a window opens up, where I can see the windows folders.

Nykus

Apr 26, 2018
For whatever reason (can't remember now) I had the genius idea to move some games to different directories and now it works fine. I think previously they were just too deep (like 5 folders deep) and I guess it exceeded some rpgmaker limit? Try that.

Reactions: rKnight

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
So do I normally need to install something before using RPGM Games? I thought, because these are .exe applications it should work nonetheless.

Nykus

Apr 26, 2018
Not sure. I tried different RPGM games on different machines and sometimes you need to install run time packages (RTP) and sometimes you don't.