VN Ren'Py UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Chapter One Episode One is titled Sweet Dreams are made of these. As i'm sure you all realise, this is named after the song and album of the same name by the Eurythmics

1715807760624.png

So...

1715807819887.png

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I remember you saying you were doing this. I just did another VN where the Dev is using movie references (maybe TV and literary as well) for his chapters. The last two (easiest for me to remember) were "The Man with The Golden Gun" and "Death Becomes Him". The first is a direct reference, the other is a play on one.

I like the practice - it brings back memories in some circumstances, and makes me look things up if I'm not getting the reference, but know there's supposed to be one.
All the cheevos* in this game are Movie titles (yes, I stole that descriptor from Sancho1969)

*Spelling corrected

Last edited:
Reactions: Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Chapter 1 Episode 2 will be based on Cyndi Lauper's She's So Unusual album... The one with Time After Time and Girls Just Want to Have Fun.

1715808004795.png

so it will be...

1715808151479.png

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Chapter One Episode One is titled Sweet Dreams are made of these. As i'm sure you all realise, this is named after the song and album of the same name by the Eurythmics

View attachment 3638380

So...

View attachment 3638384
Is there cheese?

Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I do dis a brie? Cheddar, gruyere and the kind you squeeze. Got my monger looking for stilton.

• Haha

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, to summarize for homework tonight I need to eat some pizza after debating pineapple, then make yet another custom Spotify playlist for these UC chapters, then sit down with a Crown & Coke with my tongue poking out of the corner of my mouth while heavily concentrating on Picasso'ing an (inevitably unskillful) penciling of a stick-figure Lauper holding an umbrella. Then realize she's not even holding the damn thing anyway.

Yep, just a normal Wednesday evening. :ROFLMAO:

KrusherKev

Aug 23, 2022
List of the music used in the game would be super awesome to have......in the order of actual playing list during gameplay would be a huge bonus :D

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
List of the music used in the game would be super awesome to have......in the order of actual playing list during gameplay would be a huge bonus :D
the problem is that many of them are from and as such aren't on spotify. but you can download them from here. Like this one...

As well as from a number of other sources, some of which I had to purchase licensing rights directly from the artists.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I suppose if you've tried this game's first release (or worse, didn't) and you're badgering the dev about the non-existent harem tags, then when he throws you a bone you're not interested in the harem you have to work for ... probably wasn't worth badgering him in the first place.

Reactions: SlapE and Grif1001

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I suppose if you've tried this game's first release (or worse, didn't) and you're badgering the dev about the non-existent harem tags, then when he throws you a bone you're not interested in the harem you have to work for ... probably wasn't worth badgering him in the first place.
Was wondering who you were talking to - that guy was doing similar elsewhere - he's been listed for a while. :LOL:

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I suppose if you've tried this game's first release (or worse, didn't)
Hey, I almost never try a game's first release! Don't call me out like that! Also, there's just too many games to play and also so many updates for games coming out.

*Sigh* I've got a lot of catching up to do. :(

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If I have to reject all LIs, it most likely won't be the type of harem I'm looking for.
:unsure:
Okay, I'm a tad hungover but regardless... I can't process that sentence knowing the VN is a debut at this very moment, so we obviously haven't been introduced to all or most characters (main or side).

So, I basically read that whole bit as:
  • Sparky: "Is this a harem or non-harem VN (Summarize: Is there a harem)?"
  • Dev: "Well, there's for sure a solo LI pathing but potentially another pathing with a side LI that unlocks a group of side LIs to fully explore. (Summarize: One pathing fork is planned for a 'harem' to be possible)"
  • Sparky: "Oh. Nope, I only seek a specific type of harem which that doesn't do."
Ummm... what? If one doesn't even yet know who all the LI's or side LI's are in the yet to be told story then how would one know if a side-only LI 'harem' is not worthy of being of interest? Hell, all the main LI's might be non-appealing/interesting to the Player and a few of the side LI's become Player favorites... we don't know yet to make that call, ain't it?

I can't figure out that logic at all... I must need more coffee.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
ch1 e1advert.png
Chapter 1 : Episode 1

Will go public on Itch.io Friday May 24th.

Sancho has the build and is working on his Sancho Mod for C1E1.

It is available to Top Tiers on patreon NOW!

As always, I will post it here for you guys the same day it goes live on Itch.​

If you enjoy UC8 recomend it to a friend. If you LOVE UC8, please consider supporting it through a purchase or by becoming a patron. Thanks!

Oh, and for those who haven't played the prologue, make sure your tissues are handy... And for those who have played it, maybe grab some more... ;)

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes