Tutorial How To Put A Hyperlink On A Signature (Images)

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
READ THIS!!
Now this tutorial is primarly for game devs around the site, but if you(normal user) want to do it feel free to. I only ask that you try to keep the hyperlinks to a dev's patreon or a game's thread on this site. Now let's start the Tutorial.

FOR CUSTOM SIGNATURES READ THIS TOO!!(SKIP IF YOU WON'T USE ONE)

If you wish to use a signature made by you, you have to upload the image to F95 servers, here is how: or to another site that F95 have support to.

TUTORIAL

Step 1

First we'll need to go to our signature.

Step 1.1

Hover the mouse over your username
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Step 1.2

You get something like the image, click on the signature (highlited with a red circle, for clarification purposes).
You could also go to this URL:

Step 1.3(SKIP IF YOU HAVE ONE)

Now for the signature, this how your page looks like.
If you don't have one you can get it at this thread: copy the link of the one you like, click the image icon(red circle to clarify), paste it there and click insert.

Step 2

Time for the hyperlink. Now that we got our image we are good to go.

Step 2.1

We have to use the BB code editor, hmm... sounds complicated but it isn't at least not with this tutorial ;). Click on it (highlighted like the other ones)

Step 2.2
It will look like this:
Now we need to embed a hyperlink code in it. It goes like this:
Here is a picture of it using The Humbling Experience siggy and the thread:

Step 2.3

Click on save changes, refresh the page and click on the image. If it goes to the url you've done good, if not review the process chances are you made a mistake.

Step 3
For any other doubts, PM me and I will answer when I have the time.​

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
There is a mistake in the CODE section of step 2.2, the ] after the second ' is missing.

regueton1

Jun 10, 2017
sorry but how can i put 1 picture of my own pc in the signature? that is my desire imagine to put, sorry my bad english and my ignorance, but i cant post it in my signature the same way than others

Kavin76

Aug 3, 2018
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to all this. I have the signatures I want for right now, and was able to attach the hyperlinks to them, but I'm still trying to figure out how to line them all up in a row. Can anyone help me out with this? The code I have entered is for the layout below.

Reactions: EstouSemNick

EstouSemNick

May 6, 2018
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to all this. I have the signatures I want for right now, and was able to attach the hyperlinks to them, but I'm still trying to figure out how to line them all up in a row. Can anyone help me out with this? The code I have entered is for the layout below.
hey kavin, how u get 3 signatures ??? here said i can have only 2 images :/ Can u help me please ?

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
how can I put 2 signature?

I try tutorial one by one per pick it's can't work.

QLEDgamer

Apr 28, 2020
I can't figure out how to add a sig. I've read this tutorial and have tried diff things. I have a custom one I've made, using the pic in my profile pic of the girls from DMD. And I added text to it (nothing graphic, or distasteful). Then I converted it into a gif and a link using google drive. When I click on upload pic, I put the link in, it starts to give a progress bar for a second, but then keeps coming up "something went wrong, please try again, or contact admin.".....???? Anybody?

Thunderous

Jun 23, 2019
I can't figure out how to add a sig. I've read this tutorial and have tried diff things. I have a custom one I've made, using the pic in my profile pic of the girls from DMD. And I added text to it (nothing graphic, or distasteful). Then I converted it into a gif and a link using google drive. When I click on upload pic, I put the link in, it starts to give a progress bar for a second, but then keeps coming up "something went wrong, please try again, or contact admin.".....???? Anybody?
You're right. Trying to use "insert image" option to insert Google Drive links will not work. There are 2 things you could do to work your way around this. first is to use "insert media" option and paste your google drive link there (I don't recommend it though because google drive links will create a humongous space around your gifs in the signature area), the second option is preferable and that is what a few of the members did on this thread, upload your gifs as attachments in a post when replying to this thread and then use their links in the "insert image" option in the signature area. I'm going to do the same. hope this helps.

Thunderous

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks for making this thread. I'm going to upload my gifs to see if they fit the signature area.