VN - Ren'Py - Turning the Page [v0.24.0 Patreon] [Azienda]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Throgua

This visual novel is pure gold! The story takes its time, slowly building up the tension and intrigue through a "slow burn" approach. We're not thrown into the middle of the action; instead, we're gradually introduced to the characters. All that and the competing view points turn this game into an amazing visual novel.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Tinoon

Version [v0.14.0] at review time.

I don't care much one way or another for NTR, so I didn't check the Felix route, instead it was the "corruption" Sophie path that caught my attention, so my review is based solely on that alone.

This game takes a very serious approach to story-telling, there is a lot of exposition, most characters are fleshed out very well and the drama feels solid. Which in turn makes the carefully described, long, drawn out sex scenes even more rewarding, since you know what kind of feelings the involved characters are pouring into them.

If you are looking not for a quick fap, but rather for a more slow, enveloping experience, I would definitely recommend checking this one out.

On a relevant note, the story is definitely a substantial part of the appeal to me, so light spoilers ahead:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One thing worth mentioning is that this game is more of a kinetic novel, you don't really get to make a lot of choices, and among those you make it remains to be seen how important the consequences are going to be.

But overall a solid game for any avid readers out there.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

hmc15

What a gem...really flew under the radar. A nice slow corruption game that has a fairly realistic story, good renders, and good character development.

Definitely watching this one closely...nicely done !
  4. 2.00 star(s)

popabear

Turning the Page [v0.16.0]

It's a book with some pictures. But not always. Sometimes there's also a black screen with text describing something that could have been shown if this project had a competent illustrator and cared about the visual side of things in this Visual Novel.
    It's an orgy of "tell, don't show" and lines upon lines of dialogue. And then some more dialogue. And then some narration and then maybe some dialogue. Any project that does storytelling this way using a VISUAL novel engine is pretty much always awful, and this one is no exception. I just can't abide by such a complete misuse of the medium. This project sits somewhere around 1/16 of the way between a book and a comic in its use of visuals to tell a story.
    The only parts of this VN where there's something actually happening being shown on screen is during sex. I guess that salvages it somewhat, but when everything in-between is the same static sprite characters just standing there talking it gets so incredibly boring.
    That this project is called "turning the page" should have been a clue.
    This title really deserves the "text based" tag.
    Oh, and when they actually get to bang it out, it's a flood of condom sex. Yuck! At least invent some reason to raw dog it for the love of God.

If you don't care much for the "visual" in your VN's then I guess go ahead and try it. Otherwise, steer clear.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

DemonLordNETORARE

With 2 previous golden titles, under their belt, I knew Turning the Page will take for a wild ride, one hell of a ride I'll remember till the day I lay down for one last time.

Fantastic pacing full of writing and great art.
    Pacing: Realistic, slow burn. Not your typical cliché hentai where the wife/girlfriend gets a taste of dick once or twice and falls, it's more than that. Those who say the pacing is terrible didn't let it sit and cook enough, or burnt everything to ashes, let them cook on low and slow. The pacing goes up and down and in between, allowing you to breath before things really go down.
    Writing: Descriptive, impactful, it'll end up leaving you wondering and feeling all sorts of feels, happy, sad, bad, hopeful, thrilling...
    Art: Look at it and try looking away, even if you manage to, the image of Sophie, Zack, Amy, etc will still appear in your head. The cute little pointy side hair Sophie has will appear in your dreams. The sex will haunt you, and if you play Felix the feeling is enhanced.
    POV: It's unique you could play one or both POV, starting in which ever you prefer (and the fact that there are some people running Felix ONLY during the development phase). I recommend also playing Felix's POV because you don't want to be missing out on additional good writing and additional CG in his POV. I would understand for those who aren't into that side of the story but you'd be committing a grave sin, up to you.
    Music: Usually I don't care for the BGM, but Turning the Page has me viewing the music credits. Azienda finds key moments in certain events through the game and use them to enhance the event, very well done. Great selection of music, sets the tone/mood.

Eager to see more, keep it rolling Azienda, you guys are doing beyond great. (v0.15.0)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

CorruptYourWife

Great game! Worth every second you spend on this masterpiece! Slow burn corruption for real NTR and corruption enjoyers. Recommend this game every NTR fan. Azienda can might surprise you. Great CG's, god-like writing, suitable soundtrack.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

aguy57

v15
    Like holy fucking shit this studio just keeps fucking delivering some of the best ntr over and over. Like the amount of content in this is so much. I'd sub to the patreon if I had money to do it, the amount of coffee/coke needed to make this kind of output can't be cheap.
    10/10 tysm for the game.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

alexw14615

The bad for me:
    Turning the page could be a great game but it irritates me. My main gripe is the overusage of condoms. My god he's fucked her 1000x with a condom. I want to use condoms in real life; in a visual novel it's just irritating. Plus when a couple is this hot for each other they totally forget about protecting themselves anyway.

there's a lot of text. at this point I'm just clicking to get to the h-scenes.

ok aspects:
    there is internal view for a few scenes but it could've been used much more.
    the animation gets much better as the game progresses but it sucks for the first 6 hours of game.
    the husband never seems to fuck his wife.

good to great aspects:
    there's hour of content
    she has a nice body...i love big tits and a big ass

its an average game but it's worth a download.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Satori6

I've only played the woman pov, as I don't care for being cucked, so that's what I'll be talking about.

It features lots of decent quality text, resulting in a compelling story, which itself feels plausible, adding to its enjoyment.

I'm giving it 4 stars for now, but depending on how it goes in the future, this may well be worth all 5 stars.

Kudos to the dev - it's not common that I stick with a novel that features mostly vanilla sex.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

picobyte

An emotional roller coaster, the female characters are interesting and have depth, I both love it and it makes me sad, it's a good story and gets close to real life, or at least on surface. The art is well drawn as well, I've spotted barely any spelling mistakes, nothing major, a few Ren'py hick-ups that can be ignored, could be platform dependent (Linux).

As others have mentioned, the corruption path is much more enjoyable than the netore, to be honest the latter path only made me sad. The male characters are made too black and white in my opinion.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do not agree with what the author's view of an ideal world seems to be, but do enjoy her story nonetheless.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

lordrango

v0.13.1

It's great game, no doubt about it. It's about a cheating wife and you get to play it from either wife's or husband's side of the story.

There's not that many characters but they are fully fleshed out, have amazing depth and are interesting in general.

The husband's side is a bit more boring, at least for me, and could use a bit of a revamp, maybe.

The only reason I'm giving it a 4/5 and not the full 5/5 stars is that I found it to be less of a game and more like a novel. You don't get that many choices and you never feel fully in control of the characters, you're more of a passive observer.
    The content is still top notch and would recommend it to anyone who likes some depth in his adult fiction.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MilkyWay5

(version 12.0)

Game is good but as somebody who just got robbed of like 10h of free time I'm begging you do not play the Felix (husband) path.

I get that the concept might sound appealing if done well but this is not it.

Let me break it down for you:

- 70% boring ass shit about his workplace, which you will still hear about in the Sophie (wife) path because they talk about it together and that's plenty enough.

- 25% his thoughts but they're pretty predictable and you can just use your imagination to guess how he would feel in that moment and get pretty much the same experience

- less than 5%: actual NTR content, like when there's a phone call and you get to see his side of the phone call, but you'd hear his words anyway in the Sophie path, and like i said just use your imagination to fill in the gaps. I'm not exaggerating there's times where you go through 1 hour of gameplay with no NTR of any kind just boring workplace shit. It makes you want to quit the game even though the game itself is undeniably quality. I don't know if this concept can be salvaged and if so how, but in its current state it's a giant waste of time.

Edit:

after playing the Sophie path I have to bump it up to 5/5 because this game is just a masterpiece of NTR, I've tried several similar games and quite often it's rushed, awkward, cheating happens extremely quickly, you get the impression that the characters don't care about the preexisting relationship at all.

Here however it's the opposite, there's so much emotional depth and complexity, you can really feel this woman tear herself apart over this, if you are into that type of stuff with a lot of character development it's the right game for you. It's obvious that so much care and hard work went into making this.

What I said about the Felix path still stands though, it doesn't have enough engaging content to merit its own playthrough.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Retrofire

v0.12.0 reviewed.

This is a frustrating title to review, because it's wonderfully-crafted. I'm not usually a fan of 2D art, but Azienda manages to make Sophie Page nerdy-hot while simultaneously failing to make either of the principle male characters particularly appealing.

Make no mistake, this is Sophie's story, and while NTR doesn't generally bother me, the further I got into this story, the less I was able to relate to or appreciate the one character I thought had any nuance.

First, let me say the writing is S-tier. By "writing" in this sense, I'm referring to the dialogue and narration. Conversations flow naturally and inner monologues are sequitor and fit the scenario well.

I have nothing but respect for a writer of this caliber, and I think this effort is largely successful at describing the unlikely erosion of a (previously) faithful wife's loyalty to a workaholic husband.

The problem for me is that Sophie is a sympathetic character for much of the early game, forced into situations out of her love for her husband and enduring them stoically behind her husband's back.

The issue at hand is that her husband is a genuinely good guy, and as she becomes more accustomed to her dalliances on his behalf, she begins to act like a petulant child when her scheme to get him promoted is successful.

Don't get me wrong, I get what the bread and butter of this genre is, but for me, I began to find Sophie's likeability to begin tanking. The child-man "corrupting" her is arrogant and unlikeable as well.

I recognize that we're supposed to sympathize with Felix, but for me he was just too uninteresting to connect with. Maybe that was the design goal...To justify Sophie's behavior because her nice guy husband was just too mid to hold on to her.

Therein lies the rub for me...Sophie was pretty mid too. At the beginning of the story, they were so boringly right for each other and what broke her out of her shell was effectively extorted sex with her student.

The problem is that I just don't care enough about Felix for me to feel any emotion about her descent into willful infidelity. The lewd scenes are hot enough, even if I can't stand the character she's participating in them with, but in the end, I don't feel angry on Felix's behalf...I just think she's a selfish slut who goes on to justify (and expand) her misbehavior on perceived slights from the husband's job she gave up the ass to secure for him.

While this seems like a critical review, I have nothing but praise for the execution and the dialogue. It's wonderfully presented.

The art is consistent and rock-solid, lacking animations but maintaining the same quality from start to finish. If I have a critique, it's that there are often way too many lines of dialogue between visual updates.

This is a refined product that for me just misses on the story and characterization enough to cost it a fifth star. In a kinetic novel, the story bar is higher for me, and if you're going to strap me in for the ride I can't find myself disliking everyone at the 75% point.

I will update this review accordingly if there is some catharsis later that justifies the current ennui of likeable characters.

I'm bearing in mind that this is likely marketed toward the "Asian Style NTR" fanbase, where you aren't supposed to like anyone, and that my personal values may be influencing my take.

That said, updates seem to be regular and lengthy, the UI is clean and approachable, and the dev's talent shines throughout. I just wish it made me feel more things.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

cloud77777

A great VN for people who like netorare or netori. The art is fantastic, the writing is top tier, and the game doesn't lose focus on the story it is trying to tell.

You have a choice of playing the MC (Netorare) or FMC. Playing as the FMC is the way to go as there is much more content and it will appeal to more people as it's more of a corruption themed story than NTR. It has a very nice slow burn to the story and, for the most part, a believable plot.

The art is just as good as any professional hentai artist. Some scenes are animated and others aren't. I'm not someone who puts a lot of value in animated scenes in VNs so either way I enjoy the content.

I really don't have any complaints about the game. It you want to watch a wife get corrupted I highly recommend this game. The NTR theme is only really present if you play as the male MC. Like I said before, it is a slow burn so if you want a quick fap this probably isn't the game for you. However, even if it is a slow burn there is a lot payoff for it already in the game which is more than I can say for some other games on F95.

TLDR - If you like cheating wives, play this game. NTR isn't really the focus. A pretty perfect game, even if there aren't a ton of branching paths like some VNs.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Grizzzzly

This review is for V0.11.0. This was a different experience and once again felt the need to review. Now I am NOT a fan of NTR from the male perspective at all, not into cucking, humiliation, etc. Cheating, slut wife, thats all good.

This is obviously a NTR title, but like some others the NTR needs some explaining as there are so many angles to the kink, and this is a perfect example of angles that should be explained better.

You can play this as the Male MC, or the Female MC exclusively. I feel this is the absolute best way to have these games. Nothing worse than playing a hot sexy wife cheating or exploring things, and then jumping into the brain of the husband who is being cucked, or cheated on. Thus the 5 stars as the clear division of brain is here, nice graphics and well developed relationships.

Female MCs perspective, the Husband is unaware, oblivious, and she is slowly corrupted by a caring, perhaps even loving young man who cares for his Professer deeply. This is not humiliation, angry, (very slight blackmail if you can call it that).

Male MCs perspective, the husband is unaware, oblivious, some slight suspicion but pretty much a nice guy and not aware.

So not hard NTR, but from the FMC view, really just a cheating game where she is developing feelings and exploring sexuality with her student, and the husband is not aware. Its a cheating game. If play the M MC, its pretty much just sex with wife and conversations with NPCs..he is unaware and kinda a boring play (great from my perspective as I like the FMC view (which has allot more content).

Great 2g art, good flow and deep releationship development. Not much for choices at all, so more of a VN. No bugs found.

So at this point no hard NTR, just cheating wife (thinking she is doing this for a good cause) and her changing emotions. So at V0.110 and playing FMC I don't see the need for NTR haters to run away, she is a conflicted cheating wife.

Cool game, love the releationship development with this one, hope it doesn't go full on humiliate the hubby thing. Lots of content at this point.

This one has great art, and a deeper relationship development than almost any game of this
  16. 5.00 star(s)

blewbury

This is the great game. Pretty arts, cute character, nice writing, a lot of content, constant updates. Actually top #1 erotic visual novel in my personal experience of more than 100 completed titles. Not a huge fan of NTR but this game is serving it lightly in easy acceptable way. Can't wait to see what's Sophie up to next. Really hope devs wouldn't drop the development and compete the game so please support them on Parteon!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

jadezz

Really great and underrated game. One of the best games on this site.
    + Great Art
    + Great writing
    + Already a lot of content (with sex)
    + Consistent Updates
    You play the game from the female heroines perspective. It feels like the 'Bull' actually likes her. Personally I prefer it this way. I don't like stories where the Bull just aims to corrupt, break, destroy the heroine and throw her away afterwards.
    No Ugly Bastards, so if you prefer the heroine getting smashed by some teethless, smelly, incest monster, this game might not be for you.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Laura2022

It's written very well, and it seems like the dev took their sweet time crafting believable interactions, instead of just slapping together lewd scenes and some arbitrary sexy talk. I even like the premise for Sophie's path, where she makes conscious choices to sacrifice for the sake of her husband. It really makes it feel more organic, rather than some other games that simply that drop 20 guys on you in the first 5 minutes in some sort of reverse harem. Here, it seems slow, methodical, deliberate, with a clear outcome you can expect, but the journey is still novel and fun.

I like the 2DCG as well, though I wish that x-ray was shown as well, but it's not a dealbreaker. I would like it if Sophie's POV was shown, at least a single image per sexy scene, to give more context as to how she views the scene, because right now it seems like the player only gets a voyeur experience. I'm not against it, but it would be nice as an additional feature.

I honestly do not have too many complaints, I think I spotted a typo regarding dialogue involving when the Halloween event will be, where it say "a week today", which I guess was originally "a week from today", but maybe it got mistyped? Seriously, everything works well, I even love the menu design, and the small art decals in the exit window, everything is very beautiful aesthetically.

In short, a great VN, be it in writing or the 2DCG art. There's some nice parallax too which breaks up the static scenes a little and some animations. I really enjoyed this game and would honestly recommend it to everyone into NTR, or at least tangentially interested in NTR, though the female path doesn't overly obsess over it and focuses more on the general seduction of Sophie by her (soon-to-be) favorite student.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

seratoninandsunshine

Review for current version -

Pros :

Great art , really nice stuff
    Understandable easily
    Slow corruption

Cons :

Slightly slow development cycle , but i understand because of 2d art taking time

Cannot wait for more updates and finished product!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

RiceCakezz

The writing is excellent! I like how both Felix and Sophie have similar mannerisms compared to Zack, Amy and the rest, making each character feel different. Sophie's writing and her inner monologue was very well done and was one of the best part. Her dialogue and the rest of the cast just felt natural and emotional, making them feel like real people. Her resilience to the villains moves make the climatic scenes more impactful. I say all this because there are lots of VNs out there where the writing does not feel natural or emotional at all.

The art style is also pretty great also. Only problem was that Sophie's nose looks like its not there in the H-scenes.

The villain's slow corruption on Sophie and how he executes it was also well written making the H scenes feel more exciting. While they are long, the build up to the climax make it well worth it.

I think sound design could be better. For example, the suspense music could be better, but it does improve the atmosphere of the scene. Also, Sophie's sound effect feel a little bland, but still having it rather than not is better. Overall, sound design was a nice touch and it does overall improve the experience likewise with the animations.

This is probably one of my favorite VN and I can tell that there was a lot of effort put into it. Having played the developer's previous game's, this is probably their best work, having improved on art and writing. I only wish the best of luck for them and will always keep em on my radar.