Trying to learn Daz 3D and whenever I try to download and use assets it tells me all the "runtime/textures" are missing

IamUnderman

May 11, 2020
This issue happens no matter where I try to install the files. No clue what I am doing wrong. Looked at tons of tutorials and I either have no clue how to do what they do or it just doesn't work. Please help. Here is a screenshot of the issue.

1696287624132.png

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Don't look in My Library. Try looking in the Genesis 8 female in the My Daz 3D Library section, and then find the character in there, and try loading. See if that helps. Also, when you are downloading the files. Where and what, are you downloading?

IamUnderman

May 11, 2020
Don't look in My Library. Try looking in the Genesis 8 female in the My Daz 3D Library section, and then find the character in there, and try loading. See if that helps. Also, when you are downloading the files. Where and what, are you downloading?
Hey thanks for the response. I've tried loading it dirtectly onto the Genesis 8 female character and via the genesis 8 library. Like I've said, I have tried installing the files in like 7 different places.

The files in questions are Genesis 8 characetrs. Specifically Amber (downloaded from this very site).

https://f95zone.to/threads/amber-for-genesis-8-female.54900/

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Ok, I just downloaded this asset, and it worked fine for me. So definitely something in how you are installing I think.

Reactions: IamUnderman

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
By default, Daz picks C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\ to install all Daz content files. C drive is a terrible location because this will fill up the same drive Windows is installed on. You can install content wherever you want and tell Daz where that is.

Follow these steps:
  1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Content (at top tabs) > Content Directory Manager
  2. Select Daz Studio Formats and click Add (under Directory on the left side)
  3. Choose your main library folder (called something like My Library or My DAZ 3D Library) and click Select Folder
  4. Verify it added the directory under Daz Studio Formats and click Accept
  5. Now you should be back at the Preferences window, click Apply and then Accept
  6. Restart Daz, load up the character you installed, and there shouldn't be any error messages.
If there are errors after following the steps above then the files were likely installed incorrectly in the main library folder.

Reactions: trylater

Poisonarrows

Jun 10, 2020
If you're manually installing assets from F95, the easiest way to copy them into your DAZ library is create a temp folder and unzip the .rar to that. Then copy everything from the data folder, and paste is directly into the data folder located in the DAZ library. Same thing for the Runtime Support/Textures folders.

Nov 20, 2023
Yes, you should always extract Daz content outside your content directory first, and go in and have a look at how the parts that show up in DS Library are sorted - they are frequently very badly organized. You can check a lot of content at once by just extracting all of it to the same folder and checking everything first. Either way, once you've had a look at it, you can drop it into its proper location.

As for the OP's question, I've been using DS so long, I can't even remember how to describe the solution to his problem; it's second nature at this point. (opens DS and checks) Okay, yeah:

Open your content library (Window>Panes>Content Library). In the tree on the left, scroll up until you see "Daz Studio Formats." Right-click that and select "add a base directory." Base directory by default is "Content" in your Daz Studio install folder, but you can select any folder you want, on any drive/partition.