• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.10 star(s) 20 Votes

Garrokin

Aug 14, 2020
And Ayakas issues, it's bit both. It's part of the "game of nobility" trying to get the favour of the Emperor to get status so she can do what she wants, to a point. And to get away from her family (mostly father) so she doesn't need to be subservient to him. Being a mage cut that tie, but in her foolishness of wanting a title she made herself subservient to him again while she is on his land (rank thing). And because of the family tie and the rank, she can't ignore his summons or it would look bad on her. It is a glorious cluster fuck that she created because she had ambitions to rise above her original status.
So, it is a classic ? :D
However, I hope, that there will be shed some light on her father past. If he was a different man back then, why he decided to send her into monastery? Or perhaps the decision was made after the change? Also, it seems, that this family have a harsh legacy (seeing, how their land was cursed), but again, in such case, her father seems to be different at first. Different enough, that lady Miki had feelings for him (and she, for sure had much more freedom in such regard, than any other noble because of her nature, even if it stayed hidden). That brings a question, if Ayaka path was set in stone or it could be different, if her father would resist the change to the worse?
And, perhaps a coincidence, but a good man gradually turning to the worse, in the shadow of coming alignment? Could it be somehow related? Was the change of his choice, or some powers were nudging, gently pushing him in that direction, step by step, over these years?

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
So, it is a classic ? :D
However, I hope, that there will be shed some light on her father past. If he was a different man back then, why he decided to send her into monastery? Or perhaps the decision was made after the change? Also, it seems, that this family have a harsh legacy (seeing, how their land was cursed), but again, in such case, her father seems to be different at first. Different enough, that lady Miki had feelings for him (and she, for sure had much more freedom in such regard, than any other noble because of her nature, even if it stayed hidden). That brings a question, if Ayaka path was set in stone or it could be different, if her father would resist the change to the worse?
And, perhaps a coincidence, but a good man gradually turning to the worse, in the shadow of coming alignment? Could it be somehow related? Was the change of his choice, or some powers were nudging, gently pushing him in that direction, step by step, over these years?
I talked about it in discord some time ago actually. It's the curse, it has been gaining strength for hundred or so years and it corrupted the "head of the clan" so the curse would continue. The amusing thing, there was other way to cancel the curse that no one the present thought of. All they had to do was someone from the bloodline invite Tomas as a honoured guest for a night, and treat him well... Obviously her father wouldn't have done it but it wouldn't have needed to be him. Send him away for day, make Ayaka head of the house hold and let it go naturally. Done.

Miki isn't a noble in the traditional sense though. She and couple other dragons are there as imperial nobles due to the alliance they and the Emperor have (well oversimplifying things a bit but it gets the job done.) Yes it was her choice to marry Ayakas father back then. Granted, if she wants to do something there isn't exactly anyone strong enough to stop her as is...

And as why sending Ayaka to the monastery? Isn't that quite obvious though? Noble girl, who preferably needs to stay "pure" until she is offered to some lordling. What better place there would be than monastery where she would have kept away from temptations and taught to be a "proper" lady.

Garrokin

Aug 14, 2020
The amusing thing, there was other way to cancel the curse that no one the present thought of. All they had to do was someone from the bloodline invite Tomas as a honoured guest for a night, and treat him well... Obviously her father wouldn't have done it but it wouldn't have needed to be him. Send him away for day, make Ayaka head of the house hold and let it go naturally. Done.
Wait a moment, where such option was presented? Weren't the spirits of the slain demanding the blood of firstborn? Also, I cannot recall such thing during the conversation in garden with Ayaka and lady Miki. I cannot remember any other source of such insight into the curse and its possible solution.

And as why sending Ayaka to the monastery? Isn't that quite obvious though? Noble girl, who preferably needs to stay "pure" until she is offered to some lordling. What better place there would be than monastery where she would have kept away from temptations and taught to be a "proper" lady.
So, her father would think, that he and his wife would not be able to keep Ayaka in check in their own house? And of course, no one thought that such treatment could turn the daughter against them in the longer run? In worse case scenario, wouldn't it produce a kind of Lady Macbeth girl?

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Wait a moment, where such option was presented? Weren't the spirits of the slain demanding the blood of firstborn? Also, I cannot recall such thing during the conversation in garden with Ayaka and lady Miki. I cannot remember any other source of such insight into the curse and its possible solution.
It wasn't presented because none of the characters stopped to think about it for long enough. It was written in my background material, mostly mentioning it because there would have been fairly obvious solution, but everyone was in a rush and didn't stop and actually think things through. At least not yet, we haven't been back to see Master Magnus about it >.>

So, her father would think, that he and his wife would not be able to keep Ayaka in check in their own house? And of course, no one thought that such treatment could turn the daughter against them in the longer run? In worse case scenario, wouldn't it produce a kind of Lady Macbeth girl?
You are forgetting traditions as a reason, a lot of noble women have gone through the similar schooling, might not be in the monastery but something like that boarding school etc same thing in the end depending on the time period. And there is the "Yamato Nadesiko" concept. Ideal woman, or how woman should be and behave. Another variant is the Culture of Domesticity (US 19th century). There are lot of those in cultures around the world. And of course, someone as headstrong as Ayaka would have rebelled... and probably burned the place down even without magic. At least I would write it so had she actually gone through that route. Let's be honest here, Miki could just rip Haru's head off and there wouldn't be any real consequences out of it. And yet, she plays the part of the subservient spouse in public at least. And now I have a mental image of her in dominatrix outfit... ah well.

I've said it before, we do romanticise certain parts of the history but in reality a lot of it is quite horrific in most parts. A lot of boarding schools and monasteries that were used to teach young girls (and boys) things weren't nothing more than brainwashing them into a certain mould, how to be a proper noble, loyal to the kingdom and all that. That and not that their purity was exactly in safe in those either for most parts. I think it's bullshit personally, but a lot of things that I think bullshit are good background material, and source for conflict. Just need to handle it right.

Reactions: Horny Toad

Garrokin

Aug 14, 2020
There is a difference between sending to the boarding school or other similar institution for education and thing, that her father did. At least, in Ayaka perception. From what I understand, she wasn't seeing it as 'sending to school' or sth like that, but more like being abandoned by her parents, or father mostly (until she may posses some value to them). That resulted in loosening the bond with her father and planted the seeds for rebellion.

And of course, someone as headstrong as Ayaka would have rebelled... and probably burned the place down even without magic
With a certain little, flying girl cheering 'embrace your inner pyromaniac!'

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
There is a difference between sending to the boarding school or other similar institution for education and thing, that her father did. At least, in Ayaka perception. From what I understand, she wasn't seeing it as 'sending to school' or sth like that, but more like being abandoned by her parents, or father mostly (until she may posses some value to them). That resulted in loosening the bond with her father and planted the seeds for rebellion.
People do stupid things for stupid reasons. There is the saying: "road to hell is paved with good intentions". It might have made him sense back then, probably even a good reason, like his mother going through the same education and being a fantastic mother. Although, mind you. What is told in the game is what the characters know and feel. The reality of the monastery might differ from what Ayaka knows and thinks because it is coloured by how she perceives things. And so far, we have only seen what Ayaka thinks about things.

With a certain little, flying girl cheering 'embrace your inner pyromaniac!'
Yes.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Hi there can anyone help me find the first two secrets please? I do have the Hints on, but It doesn't seem to show up for the first two?
Right at the start in the inn, the following morning there are two pixies flying in the background stealing food while Tomas, Malgrin and Shani are talking at the table. Click the pixie carrying a pickle. (Left side of the screen)

Mar 7, 2023
Right at the start in the inn, the following morning there are two pixies flying in the background stealing food while Tomas, Malgrin and Shani are talking at the table. Click the pixie carrying a pickle. (Left side of the screen)
Thank you for this, I just couldn't tell what I had to look out for, again thank you very much and really loving the game ^_^

Reactions: Talothral

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Changelog Tribulations of a Mage 0.14.0

1715809370449.png

Changelog:
  • 599 renders
  • Implemented the next part of the story
  • Added things to the codex.
  • 1 hidden image
  • Grammar, spelling, and other fixes (Thanks to Adry, Shaddy, BryonSmothers3DX, Bread, Orion, OBE, ElectroKnight22, Draco, Vortex, Chipher, Canto, CXX, Evsej, DavidCF)
So going to do slightly accelerated release schedule for this cause I'm late and it annoys me. Nothing too drastic, just 24 hours intervals is all, +/- hour or two as always. And as you can see, I'm providing checksums from now on. They can be used to validate the integrity of the download. If you don't know how to use them, you can ignore them when using the links I've provided.

Release schedule:
  • $15 (VIP) Tier: As soon as the post has had its final touches and links been verified.
  • $10 (Magician) Tier: 17th of May
  • $5 (Journeyman) Tier: 18th of May
  • $3 (Apprentice) Tier: 19th of May
  • Public: 27h of May
Checksums SHA256:
  • PC: 1F657C86F86BCC1F766ABC3F3AEC98C7A1FE22A1E3C580C9674FA6DB1924B0EC
  • PC Compressed: 4892E254026784488892C4C2B9CF76F3D78D34CC9E5F822419DAC064AA3A74BA
  • MAC: 80FC00417F39507EE7696768199B8D835646DE275183BDC3DDD17E7A900EBB4
  • MAC Compressed: D5979D8513346B0DE2A7BA98E8AD61161C60C58015C31A981BC8395711B73B60
  • Update Only: 854043A462242767F3DA8DD953744526A5378421281E7C9B5188EC23408E2CD1
  • Update Only Compressed: 22C94E420190869C37503A3F7842F17F5DB91FCD690DD8482C7154E95AE1CCAD
  • Android: E9D3B379543D0AD20B62716B3A00FB1567C8CE863BB058FB710A370F9A6B2A16
  • Android WT: 97277400BF318BB3C0DA970050EE874CF7FC4E2881FADC61EFF279039197890F

SteveO66

Dec 14, 2021
View attachment 3137120

Overview:
Follow and shape the journey of Tomas as he tries to reclaim a soul that was stolen.​

Thread Updated: 2024-05-13
Release Date: 2024-05-12
Developer: Talothral - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.13.0
Language: English
Other Games: Link
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Android: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Compressed
Win/Linux
: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Update Only: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Update Compressed: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Extras: Multi Mod* - Fan Sigs

View attachment 3137127 View attachment 3137128 View attachment 3137129 View attachment 3137130 View attachment 3137131 View attachment 3137132 View attachment 3137133 View attachment 3137134 View attachment 3137135
View attachment 3137120

Overview:
Follow and shape the journey of Tomas as he tries to reclaim a soul that was stolen.​

Thread Updated: 2024-05-13
Release Date: 2024-05-12
Developer: Talothral - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.13.0
Language: English
Other Games: Link
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Android: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Compressed
Win/Linux
: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Update Only: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Update Compressed: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Extras: Multi Mod* - Fan Sigs

View attachment 3137127 View attachment 3137128 View attachment 3137129 View attachment 3137130 View attachment 3137131 View attachment 3137132 View attachment 3137133 View attachment 3137134 View attachment 3137135
Just like your other games, this one seems like it going to be another great one!!!!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well now i'm up-to-date with this until 27th day and it didn't take that long as i expected.

anyways lots of funnies (top 3 game on those).

Talothral whenever is single word.

typo1.png

Reactions: Talothral

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Progress 17.05.2024

Hello all!

Friday! And progress post. The rollout of the 0.14.0 has gone so far better than I expected. At least haven't been flooded with errors, yet. But... yeah it's a mess for some reason for some people. No idea why, it isn't that different code wise from TRS1, Sorcerer and TRS2. Well fingers crossed more stuff doesn't pop up. And which is the most irritating part that it just doesn't break on my end, so I can't fix things ahead of time. Although there isn't exactly anything to fix since all the variable it usually complains about are defined. But for some reason it just doesn't want to update them... Anyway done rambling.

Rendering is in an okay spot. I'm not entirely happy with it, but script wise I'm more or less where I should be. Probably will be a day or so later than I thought, but eh, happens.

As for writing? It's going, I have a scene that I don't really care for to write, but it's needed just in case somehow someone manages to end up in that path. But beyond that, the writing flow is decent. Although the previous updated did mess up the rhythm a bit I'll get back to it sooner or later.

1500102.png

The naga's have some decisions to make regarding things. Several in fact. Certain tones can help to decipher (in 0.16.0) how the relationship is building with them.

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes