4.20 star(s) 18 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Talothral Have you ever considered making an unreal game? Every time there is a battle scene I keep wanting to take control of the mc directly.
I always see people whining about games not being in Ren'Py and wanting a port really badly. But today someone actually suggested porting the game from Ren'Py to a different engine. I did not see that one coming.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Every time there is a battle scene I keep wanting to take control of the mc directly.
that's possible even in renpy to some extent by dev adding options for player to choose action (punch, shoot, throw fireball, etc).

cartcurt

Feb 25, 2019
Hello Talothral
Congradulations again with an intriguing story and consistent updates.
May I ask which render settings and character asset versions you use?
They look decent and render easy.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hello everyone!

So what's up? Rendering is going smoothly, nothing too complex in this. Granted, four/five scenes are basically in the same environment, just the furniture gets rearranged somewhat to make it looks it belongs to someone else. But well, it is difficult to alter interiors of a specific style structure. Without magic, that is.

Writing is in okay shape, honestly I do feel like writing a lot at the moment so just might write for a bit after few renders and a bit means somewhere 6 in the morning apparently, nothing new. When the mood hits it hits. And there probably won't be preview renders of the next update. Considering where 0.12.0 ended everything would be a gigantic spoiler and thus...

This is an environment I've wanted to use for a long time. The problem with it is that it is heavy. Really heavy. But it is useable if I choose to do so. Just can't have twenty figures in it. Maybe. Fully armoured soldiers? Instances work if they don't need to move. The origin of this is that I've been thinking about Mal and how I should put together his arc. There is already one choice regarding it made. I know what I want to happen in the end, but what steps he would need to take. Although, I think I might tie it to something else as well... NOTEBOOK! Anyway... Have a great weekend, you all!

And as always with these, larger version attached.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
So a bit more generic stuff... I don't think there isn't a developer who wouldn't want to make a "full fledged" game as is. I'd love to make a proper (A)RPG, but... I know my limits and my strength. And my strengths is in the storytelling not on the graphical side. Partially the reason why the UI is really basic, I suck at graphical design and I'm a minimalist. So less fancy things, the better. And I suck animating things. Thus, since I want to tell the stories that are forming in my head. Visual Novel is the simplest one if I want to include visual aspect.

Hello Talothral
Congradulations again with an intriguing story and consistent updates.
May I ask which render settings and character asset versions you use?
They look decent and render easy.
As for this... render settings are whatever makes the best looking image to my eye. Outside of resolution, they change between scenes. As for the figures. Genesis 8.1, 8 and maybe 3... might use 9 but only if there is no other options, it depends on what generation has the figure and things I need to make it.

Garrokin

Aug 14, 2020
The story is indeed the core of the games but we shouldn't forget, that there is a considerable jump in quality of the graphics between them. From TR1 and Sorcerer to TR2 and ToaM. Seeing two last ones, I think that Sorcerer 2 will also no need to be shy of the visuals.

• Red Heart
Reactions: S1nsational

feres

Jul 9, 2017
It doesn't seem to be any more than you really seem to like the word "so".

They're called speech patterns for a reason. Every person on earth has them.
2 things:

- Waw, someone feels attacked. It was a simple observation, chillax.
- I'm not writing a Vn, am I? If it was one character doing it, it wouldn't bother me that much, it's multiple though.

So this sentence I'm writing just for you.

• Haha
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
2 things:

- Waw, someone feels attacked. It was a simple observation, chillax.
- I'm not writing a Vn, am I? If it was one character doing it, it wouldn't bother me that much, it's multiple though.

So this sentence I'm writing just for you.
Who felt attacked? I was just pointing out that it's a normal thing. Again, they are speech patterns: every single person alive develops them. They can easily identify one person from another. I wasn't criticizing you; I was explaining why it shouldn't matter. This sentence I'm writing just for you: Chillax, homie. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

SpatulaPie

Apr 21, 2023
So a bit more generic stuff... I don't think there isn't a developer who wouldn't want to make a "full fledged" game as is. I'd love to make a proper (A)RPG, but... I know my limits and my strength. And my strengths is in the storytelling not on the graphical side. Partially the reason why the UI is really basic, I suck at graphical design and I'm a minimalist. So less fancy things, the better. And I suck animating things. Thus, since I want to tell the stories that are forming in my head. Visual Novel is the simplest one if I want to include visual aspect.

As for this... render settings are whatever makes the best looking image to my eye. Outside of resolution, they change between scenes. As for the figures. Genesis 8.1, 8 and maybe 3... might use 9 but only if there is no other options, it depends on what generation has the figure and things I need to make it.
You could always look into something like RPG maker and than work your way up. That way you would always be improving. any way just wanted to say thank you for your great story telling and world building.

Reactions: Talothral

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Progress 22.04.2024

Hello all!

Monday and progress post. Rendering is going... really fine. So fine that I'm done with it. I expected the update to be longer, but it's about the same size as the previous one, so, but unless I make fifty renders about walking, it will not change things about that. Yeah. So I'll be doing some coding, post-work and a few other things and send it to testing and proofreading.

As for writing, it's where it should be. And once I've sent the update to be proofread, I'll write what remains of the update 0.17.0 and we'll go from there.

DMR22042024.png

This... this was actually a slightly facepalming moment for me. I literally did a scene with twenty characters in it, so I didn't really need to test could I could render this as is. Granted. There is a huge difference between this scene and the one I just rendered. But I learned something from this, that I need to build the cave I need. Which is fine, did it a couple times for TRS2 so nothing new. Although I like this cave, but I don't think it is for the scene I want to make. An amusing thing, for a change male figures have something over female ones. Medievalish winter clothing, at least practical ones. I know it is fantasy, and I already established there are enchanted "heat stones", but I still want a bit more practical than a fur bikini. Ah well, probably need to sort that while writing.

4.20 star(s) 18 Votes