VN Ren'Py Trends of Love game development thread

Dec 14, 2020
Hello! I am working on my fist VN game “Trends of Love” for two months already and now I’m ready to present my first results)

Brief description.

In my novel you become a young guy who graduated from university several years ago. At the beginning of the game you receive a job offer from an investment fund in another city. The offer is pretty tempting and far more generous than a young graduate with little work experience could expect. Such a proposal should cause some concern, but people tend to believe what they want to believe, do not they?

A new team means new friends. Eight girls will come into your life, each of them will have her own story, personality, and goals, and not all of them will be clear. Some girls will like you at a glance, but the trust of others you will have to earn. But you cannot be on both sides of the fence – that is the only certain thing. You are not the only one who makes a choice, girls also keep an eye on your behavior and sooner or later they will want to find out which of them is more important to you.

1_ndenoise.png

Remark

You will often have to make choices within the story and every decision will have consequences. There will not be wrong decisions resulting in loss. Your decisions will often trigger both favorable and challenging consequences. What one girl appreciates, another may not like at all. Moreover, in a small team it is difficult to keep anything in secret, and what happened in one room can be discussed in another room one hour later. I will try to motivate you to make your decisions not only based on “love” points of each of girls but also based on the way you make them in your real life bearing in mind all potential consequences and risks.

Needless to say, I want you to have as much content as possible, I don't want to make Dark souls in the VN genre. If you want to and make a little effort, you can seduce each of the main female leads. But if you want something more than just casual sex, then contributions are necessary. The girls in my game are the same as they in real life: if a girl guesses that she is not the only one you sleep with, then it will not be easy to convince them of your sincerity. When making your decision I want you to really be conscious of the question – what will happen if she finds out?

2_ndenoise.png

Technical part and priorities:

I develop this game solely by myself, except for translation. I am not a native English speaker, so I use my native language initially to make the game text flexible and vibrant. I could translate it myself, but I want the translation to be of as high quality as possible, so I use professional translator services. As for the rest, at least at the first stage, I will work independently and prioritize.

Every update will include from 500 to 1000 renders. I will try to release updates every two months, but specific dates may vary. In any case, I will keep subscribers informed and post info on the status of a new version.

3_ndenoise.png

My project’s priorities:

High priority: plot, number of renders, number of choices.

Middle: music, information on the next release for all patrons, special perks for top patrons (votes, 4k renders, etc.).

Low: animation, discord server, twitter, walkthrough.

High and middle priorities will be surely implemented, the only difference is the level of detail I will develop them to. The low priority items will be introduced depending on my possibilities, available resources, and desires of patrons.

4_ndenoise.png

Current status

Version 0.1 is in progress. Release date: end of February. Text is 90% finished but not translated yet. Renders 80% finished (more than 350 now). Code is 30% finished. Didn’t start working on small tweaks like interface, music, fonts etc.

I tested first scenes and I think 0.1 version will have 40+ minutes of gameplay.

I didn’t count how many choices there are yet but there will be no less then 30 im sure. All of them will have impact on the game. Some small, like changing relationship stats, others will impact even future versions.

5_ndenoise.png

Dec 14, 2020
Thank you all for reply’s! Yes the setting is not something unusual. But it is also not some ”finaly back home with ready-to-fuck family”;) beside that there will be an unexpected twist in the story that will spice up the plot. It will happen around version 0.4. Until then, the story will be driven by a competitive moment - mc will be on probation along with another applicant. Also, the girls will have their own secrets, and some of them will turn out not to be what they want to appear to be at all. But the truth about at least one of them you'll find out only at the end of the game :) in general I'm paying a lot of attention to the storyline, so I hope that even in regular office setting i will manage to make it interesting enough)

Reactions: Lussuria