Translator ++ with error on RPG VX ACE

pervertedkitty

Nov 6, 2020
Hello, I have been translating some japanese RPG games (Red dragon icon) using Translator ++. Recently, I have been receiving these error message in the CLI prompt during some sort of patching phase, then the prompt will just freeze/hangs there forever (I even left it overnight and nothing happened).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RPGMaker Trans v4.5 Legacy
Input path: [VXAce] C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\b8fce1f839e6856464b99727d75d3429
Patch path: [create] C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\b8fce1f839e6856464b99727d75d3429_patch
Output path: [create] C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\b8fce1f839e6856464b99727d75d3429_translated
Patching game [##################### ] 22 % Error parsing Script ダメージイベ(脱衣): String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\t'.., index=19644, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Backtick']) # 532:19564; leaving untranslated Patching game [############################################################################################# ] 98 % --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Closing Translator ++ put no objects in the Object column leaving a blank page with nothing to translate on.

I know that Translator ++ does extract the data folder with rvdata2 files and put it in the temp folder. I was thinking there must be some way putting those files into translator ++ and then translating them.

Any suggestion?

Note: I am not really savvy with translation, I just used translator ++ to do a machine translation and enjoy the game.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
IF u only want do a machine translation, u can use this tool i made.

Is also support for RPG Maker MZ / MV / VxAce / Vx / XP / Wolf RPG
Try it out for free?

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
The program is trying to access a string with a limit shorter than its actual lenght. This is caused because the dev is calling a string with "\t" and the program can't translate that.

I'd recommend you to not translate lines like that, or you'll get a lot of errors like that. Just translate things like the database and events, and you'll be safe. Or probably just edit in RPGM before running Translator++

Last edited:

nano1111

Jan 16, 2023
i come just want to ask how to oppen or to edit rvdata2 file
i want to change font for a game but i should access the main.rvdata2 1703268247748.png