Tool RPGM Translator for RPG Maker

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
This is a prototype program, it already works and is able to translate dialogues qualitatively
It is possible to modify the translator. At the moment it is possible to switch between translators from Google and DeepL, in the process of implementation of translation system from Microsoft Azure.
Translation from DeepL shows amazing results, but an API key is needed. There are 500k free characters on the free plan, which is approximately equal to two average games
more info:

I know that there are analogs, but they did not meet the requirements of users and it was decided in cooperation with several existing translators to create their own application.

you can download this app on my page:
all free

Reactions: CAT0X0

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
Does your tool support only Russian and English as output languages, and is the input language selection automatic? Because in its interface it allows you to select Google or DeepL as online translators, and English or Russian as output languages.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Does your tool support only Russian and English as output languages, and is the input language selection automatic? Because in its interface it allows you to select Google or DeepL as online translators, and English or Russian as output languages.
You only need to select an output language, the input language will be determined automatically
the program is still developing, so share your experience of use, all wishes will be considered

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
You only need to select an output language, the input language will be determined automatically
the program is still developing, so share your experience of use, all wishes will be considered
I was asking because my native language is Spanish, if this tool will be able to translate also RPG to Spanish (or other languages) after some update of its version later, and not only to English and Russian. Because for now the automatic input language seems to be any language supported by the selected translation service (Google or DeepL), but the output language is limited to English and Russian, when in those online translators the output language can also be any other language they support, and not only English or Russian.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
I was asking because my native language is Spanish, if this tool will be able to translate also RPG to Spanish (or other languages) after some update of its version later, and not only to English and Russian. Because for now the automatic input language seems to be any language supported by the selected translation service (Google or DeepL), but the output language is limited to English and Russian, when in those online translators the output language can also be any other language they support, and not only English or Russian.
I'll add Spanish within 24 hours.

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
I'll add Spanish within 24 hours.
Thank you very much for responding to my query, and for also adding Spanish as the output language of your tool, because it is the language to which I am interested in being able to translate them in my case.

Reactions: Steygan

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Thank you very much for responding to my query, and for also adding Spanish as the output language of your tool, because it is the language to which I am interested in being able to translate them in my case.
Spanish has been added

• Red Heart

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
¿Podría darme su opinión después de probar el programa?

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
¿Podría darme su opinión después de probar el programa?
First of all thank you very much for your tool Steygan, and for the gesture of adding Spanish to the output languages so quickly after my enquiry.

I have been testing your tool with this game:

RPGM Completed Living with the Big-Breasted Widow [Final] [DanGames]

and there are some texts that it didn't translate, which I'll pass on to you in the attached txt file
where he did translate into Spanish clean text strings like these:

"Se quitó la ropa durante la noche...\nPuede que sea por el calor"
"¿Debería aprovechar la situación?"

but it did not translate strings preceded by code like this one:

"\\n<\\n[2]>Stop!, it hurts..."
"
\\n<\\n[2]>I can't take it."

about your tool is very easy to use, and as far as I saw it stores the *.json files inside the folder
translated data
after finishing the translation or if you pause the translation, where as far as I saw it continues translating the json files that follow the already translated ones that it stores inside the translated data folder, if you paused the translation without it having completed it.

Again thank you very much for your Translator RPG Maker tool Steygan, and for the gesture you had to add Spanish to the output languages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steygan

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
How is this different from MTool?
I'm sorry, but I haven't used mtool and can't tell you how it works. I just wanted to help translators I know to simplify their work. I ended up getting carried away and wrote a translator in a couple of evenings. Anyone can use this tool. Write any wishes, I will think about realization

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
First of all thank you very much for your tool Steygan, and for the gesture of adding Spanish to the output languages so quickly after my enquiry.

and there are some texts that it didn't translate, which I'll pass on to you in the attached txt file

"

about your tool is very easy to use, and as far as I saw it stores the *.json files inside the folder
translated data
after finishing the translation or if you pause the translation, where as far as I saw it continues translating the json files that follow the already translated ones that it stores inside the translated data folder, if you paused the translation without it having completed it.

Again thank you very much for your Translator RPG Maker tool Steygan, and for the gesture you had to add Spanish to the output languages.
Your feedback is so cool)

kohi_kohi

Nov 15, 2021
It might be hard to find some more feedback since MTool covers most of your use case. Curiously, you have indicated that your users had needs that were not met by certain other equivalent programs; if you don't mind would you be able to elaborate? I believe such a thing is important to note.

As from what I can at least note, your app does have support for other languages that MTool doesn't, which specifically only translates EN/CH/JP only.

Perhaps you'll want to explore the application and take a few ideas from there, though the mention of a free plan being able to translate up to around 2 whole games is intriguing.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
It might be hard to find some more feedback since MTool covers most of your use case. Curiously, you have indicated that your users had needs that were not met by certain other equivalent programs; if you don't mind would you be able to elaborate? I believe such a thing is important to note.

As from what I can at least note, your app does have support for other languages that MTool doesn't, which specifically only translates EN/CH/JP only.

Perhaps you'll want to explore the application and take a few ideas from there, though the mention of a free plan being able to translate up to around 2 whole games is intriguing.
I will definitely take your advice. As for the free plan... it's available by using DeepL translator, it translates much better than Google, but Google is unlimited

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018

"

translated data

I have made corrections but not all patterns are taken into account, if you come across an error or an untranslated section, email me... There's still a lot of work to be done.

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Identified and corrected problems with translation of common events file, corrected map file translation logic, added Italian, German, French languages

• Red Heart
Reactions: bazelgeuse