Mod QSP Abandoned [Son of a bitch!] Translation Project 0.29 v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
i did not start it i just extract and just click on Application file i did not make any changes or alteration none of the patch or something like that
Download the qsp file in first post of this thread. Put it into your assets/standalone_content/ folder. Make sure there is only 1 qsp file in there, the one you copied in. The CCE version got cheats, the other not. Start the game and play. The start menu might be in russian, but once started it should be in English (sort of :p).

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
hope you and your family should be fine with the blessing of God well i have an issue can you guide me how to resolve the language issue because i downloaded it when i open the Exe file it open in another language how to change the language
Also looks like you didn't copy over the interface images, which is why the start page would still be in Russian. Install instructions are all on the OP (Very first page, first post) of this thread under the Installation spoiler.

Reactions: toolkitxx

AlexLudwig

Jul 19, 2018
When I put one of these two files into the standalone_contet game doesn't run and error appears. What to do?

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
When I put one of these two files into the standalone_contet game doesn't run and error appears. What to do?
Have you deleted the old *.qsp file? Can't have 2x *.qsp files in that map, game won't function. Make a choice what you want to use CCE or CE version, delete original *.qsp (think it's start.qsp) file and place new file in the folder.

AlexLudwig

Jul 19, 2018
Have you deleted the old *.qsp file? Can't have 2x *.qsp files in that map, game won't function. Make a choice what you want to use CCE or CE version, delete original *.qsp (think it's start.qsp) file and place new file in the folder.
And that is the way it should have been explained. Thanks!

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Well, at least there seems to be a text out of the 100 others which does work well ;) Someone update the OP?
With what? Like everything you need is in the OP? Like click on the spoiler for installation. Like you can only lead people to water, drink they have to do themselves.

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
Well, at least there seems to be a text out of the 100 others which does work well ;) Someone update the OP?
This is in the OP, under installation instructions:
"
CE or CCE QSPs
Extract in the 'assets\standalone_content\' folder
Any other QSPs should either be deleted or the extension renamed to something else if you want to keep them.
Only 1 QSP should be active at a time or the game will refuse to start. "

This has been in the OP from the start, I think? To me it was pretty clear.

But I can see how the "active" part could (maybe) be confusing to some. Maybe the last line should be changed into: "Only 1 *.qsp file can remain in standalone_content folder, for the game to work properly!" (or something like this)?
I dunno but I've seen a lot of questions relating to exactly that, in multiple QSP game threads. Being honest? Most from people who simply didn't read the instructions though... Some absolutely did but just got confused a bit.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
This has been on since i joined F95 - both readers and non readers actually. No ammount of spoilers, instructions or notes seem to change this. People are simply ignorant mostly

Reactions: VinnyB

random78905

Sep 7, 2017
So how exactly does the quickmenu work? The "Set To Current Location" option doesn't seem to work.

If I type in some places like "hall" or "bathroom" it works. If I look at the left part of the gui there is a "CurLoc" which I assume is the code/name for the current location/event but some of them have dashes that seem to prevent them from working with the quickmenu. For example "univer" takes me outside the university just like the existing shortcut does, but "univer - univer_enter" does not take me inside the university.

On a related note is there a dynamic command to jump to a specific scene/location without using the quickmenu?

Edit: Did some experimenting and found out the first value has to be the part before the quotes and the second value has to be after. Example: Value1=univer Value2=univer_enter

That clears up most of my question, I just don't know if there is a command to go to a scene without the quick menu.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So how exactly does the quickmenu work? The "Set To Current Location" option doesn't seem to work.

If I type in some places like "hall" or "bathroom" it works. If I look at the left part of the gui there is a "CurLoc" which I assume is the code/name for the current location/event but some of them have dashes that seem to prevent them from working with the quickmenu. For example "univer" takes me outside the university just like the existing shortcut does, but "univer - univer_enter" does not take me inside the university.

On a related note is there a dynamic command to jump to a specific scene/location without using the quickmenu?

Edit: Did some experimenting and found out the first value has to be the part before the quotes and the second value has to be after. Example: Value1=univer Value2=univer_enter

That clears up most of my question, I just don't know if there is a command to go to a scene without the quick menu.
Are you trying to play the game through a qsp player rather than run the "Son of a bitch" application (exe). ?

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017

It's mainly for debugging purposes. So if you're in the code of the QSP at all you'll see a location like home then in that file will be a second location, say
sister_go_walk_1 or something and after you back out of the quick menu you can go to that event directly. Doesn't matter what stage of the game you're in but you can get there quickly.
As for a command you type in, there's the input command but you have to type in more using the gt expression. Basically if you want to use the quick menu you'll have to learn QSP coding at least a little bit.

As for the discussion on whether the QSP install instructions are clear and yes, those have been there since I started this thread. Maybe I need fancy colors or something. Though if anyone is color blind it's kind of useless, so maybe more bold letters. Guess I could change the word active but on the other hand most people just post instead of reading.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
As for the discussion on whether the QSP install instructions are clear and yes, those have been there since I started this thread. Maybe I need fancy colors or something. Though if anyone is color blind it's kind of useless, so maybe more bold letters. Guess I could change the word active but on the other hand most people just post instead of reading.
Maybe you need to include some flashy gif's with big pointers etc :p

Reactions: Jack-O
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes