Mod QSP Abandoned [Son of a bitch!] Translation Project 0.29 v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Overview:
Translation Project of SOB currently adds a better translating from the machine translation currently available in the game. Also provides fixes and cheats (if wanted) to main game.​

Updated: January 30th, 2020
Game/Creator: SOB /
Modder: Check the credits
Mod Version: 0.8.2
Game Version: 0.29
Language: English
Gitlab Repo:

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

FAQ:

Change-Log:

Interface:

Credits:
Screen_01.png Screen_02.png Screen_03.png Screen_04.png

Vicezealot Mod:

Last edited:

Rumplewalrus

Jul 15, 2017
Do we have a good method for updating the translation across releases?

For example is there a speedy way for us to have a cross-check between a new QSP and the old QSP - see if there's different text - and if not then automatically pull the old translation into the new updates QSP file?

Because I think messing around with this would be some great experience. I'm not going to be much better than machine translating since I absolutely cannot read Russian, and certainly won't be able to catch idioms or slang, but I'd wager most people would be fine with an imperfect translation if the resulting translation is naturally readable English.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Right now I'm basically just using git which would show what changes have been made across each file. Specifically GitKraken gui. So you can push changes, pull changes and see the difference between files. I also added a TODO list of files on Gitlab, shows which are done, untouched or don't need any translating.
I don't know Russian myself either but sometimes cross reference from the russian qsp file through Bing/Google/Yandex translate to get the jist of what it's trying to say.

EDIT: Took me a few months to realize what you meant. Not really was looking for a line by line way to replace them but currently the only way I do it is manually by comparing the old Russian txt2gam with the new one in notepad++ then updating each file. Takes a few days but best I have right now.

Last edited:

B10

Jun 25, 2017
You are really doing good work, but you got the wrong Cheatmod. This is version V1 and you should have version V1b.
This version is broken and you can't enter the school due to this.

Find attached the correct one for you.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Really? I haven't had an issue with it but did get the button wrong, now that I tested it out.

M$hot

May 28, 2017
The largest problem I found for futureproofing this thing (sure it's in the back of your mind, and when 0.21 was released everyone but me was cheering for it ;) ) Is that practically nothing you do in the game affects only 1 node. If you do *Something* with *Someone*, *Somewhere* it usually affects 4-5 nodes. So if you have found a way around that, you're already moving in the right direction I'd say.

I hope you fare much better than I did. It's a fucking beast. Best of luck, I hope I did at least enough that you can start from square 2 instead of square 1.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
The largest problem I found for futureproofing this thing (sure it's in the back of your mind, and when 0.21 was released everyone but me was cheering for it ;) ) Is that practically nothing you do in the game affects only 1 node. If you do *Something* with *Someone*, *Somewhere* it usually affects 4-5 nodes. So if you have found a way around that, you're already moving in the right direction I'd say.

I hope you fare much better than I did. It's a fucking beast. Best of luck, I hope I did at least enough that you can start from square 2 instead of square 1.
I've been pondering about it. Been looking at the girl life stuff, they got a pretty extensive wiki and both being qsp games it still applies here. Think they actually copy the lines they translate and just replace later on. Like their own dictionary file, which I hadn't done so been sort of holding off for awhile since Avenger may release the next version this month. Plus hurt my arm at work, so have been resting that also. Would like to use QSPTools but since it strips out punctuation I can't and don't know java to change it. I could probably find a way to throw something together to automate it out though. I also made this version pretty open if anyone wants to contribute in their free time they can go ahead and do it.

hello.jpg

Nov 7, 2017
Mom/Light/Rada had their attitude changed to 'Hates' when I installed this, and Kate (in the people tab) comes up as a blank "I know nothing about this girl". They were all maxed and I think advanced to the end of their various chains before. Can't spot anything else changed, pretty weird...

Used the CE, not the CCE. Just put back in the original start.qsp and they're back to where they were

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Mom/Light/Rada had their attitude changed to 'Hates' when I installed this, and Kate (in the people tab) comes up as a blank "I know nothing about this girl". They were all maxed and I think advanced to the end of their various chains before. Can't spot anything else changed, pretty weird...

Used the CE, not the CCE. Just put back in the original start.qsp and they're back to where they were
Weird, did you start with a saved game? I didn't get the hates with any of them on starting a new game. Did you use a saved game? Some of the variables might be different between the Russian qsp and these ones.

hello.jpg

Nov 7, 2017
Weird, did you start with a saved game? I didn't get the hates with any of them on starting a new game. Did you use a saved game? Some of the variables might be different between the Russian qsp and these ones.
Yea I moved the new qsp over, removed start.qsp, loaded it up to get the new savegame folder created, then copied in my active saves

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Ah that's probably why then. A lot of the variables changed from the Russian version over to this one. You'll have to start a new game to use these files.

hello.jpg

Nov 7, 2017
No problem, thanks for doing this :) Figured I'd mention the issue cause I'm sure other people are going to try to use old saves

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
In the attached files there is two qsp files... which one should I use? hmm... when I plugged in interface and CE the music turned off. How do I get it back on?

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
In the attached files there is two qsp files... which one should I use? hmm... when I plugged in interface and CE the music turned off. How do I get it back on?
Oh yeah, I forgot that I had totally wiped out the music in the QSP since I found it annoying. I'd have to reupload the files with it enabled but if you want to edit the file yourself. It's under gs_start_var and the first line, "music_on = 0" should be "music_on = 1" without quotes of course.
Music is enabled now I just auto-set the volume to 0. So just need to turn it up if you want to hear sounds.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Much appreciated. I initially tried it with just the machine translation and it was pretty hard to follow. With your interface translation and the tweaks to the machine translations it's a lot easier to follow.

Reactions: Xorgroth

mattius77

May 16, 2017
No more fucking with cancer, woohoo!

Great job with this. I understand it's quite a chore.

Dibutello

May 29, 2017
Damn! I have just found out about the translation project when there is the update to 0.22... well, we will have to wait :)

Good job, by the way. Any effort done to improve the Engrish is more than welcomed.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
It might take me a few days to get through all of the new changes since he added more locations which haven't even been machine translated yet. Like the strip club and more character expansions.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes