Tool Translating Using AI

00a00a

May 15, 2021
I'm curious why AI translation isn't more widespread. I was really hoping for a program that could effortlessly translate entire games to a higher quality than the usual machine learning translations. So, why hasn't this become a thing yet, especially with so many LLM available for translations? It doesn't necessarily have to be GPT. And if the issue is that the text is mixed with code, preventing bulk translation, isn't there a solution for that?

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
My guess is that right now AI is still relatively new so that's why it isnt so widespread.
Also take into account that AI translation doesnt always mean higher quality
dazedanon's translations are high quality because he takes the time to fix any errors and proofread them but you cant translate the text through AI and expect it to be as good as a manual translation
Sure the quality might be higher than the early MTLs but it still needs to be checked by a human to be actually good
Im pretty sure that in the future it will eventually replace completely manual translation since it's generally cheaper and much faster
For the more technical aspects of it you need to ask someone else unfortunately I'm not an expert on the matter.

00a00a

May 15, 2021
So basically, the deal with not using it is just that you can't really count on its accuracy.:unsure:

00a00a

May 15, 2021
I took a look at dazedanon's work, and it really impressed me. But what about other visual novels that use different engines like 'Majiro'? I figure the translation itself isn't the real challenge; it's more about figuring out which parts need translating and selecting them.