4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Ashigame

May 23, 2017
Hi new to the game but just caught up to end of 5th floor. How do you unlock the latex get scenes from cobra?
You need to sniff her pantyhose after every fight until Ethan says you need Cobra's permission to sniff it. Thenyou need to give her stats and buy them back to give her money until you unlock the three "games". Then when you talk to her you will have the option "bankruptcy" appearing, just choose it to trigger the beginning of the expansion. If you continue to serve her several times you will eventually come to the latex scenes ;)

EvaSlavE

Sep 11, 2018
I think I also got the latex scenes to trigger by just tributing all of my stats to her at once, so you could try that, too.

Koda-

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Forgive me if I misunderstood that statement, but isn't that approach a bit detrimental to the femdom narrative?
An "organic playthrough" refers to the player playing to their tastes rather than external concerns (bug testing, exploits, completism, etc.). It doesn't really relate to the rest of your post, though.

Your critique boils down to finding Ethan's ability to bounce back from mind breaks unbelievable, which is fine, but that line is somewhat arbitrary. Why can he walk away from the mind-melting QTEs and loss scenes? Why did he risk dojo secrets for a footjob from Yvonne? Why doesn't Scarlett just immediately put him in a cage?

My answer (which you're welcome to disregard; I'm explaining how the story is written, not telling you how to interpret it) is that Ethan is simply very malleable. Despite his ambitions, he is not a hero (yet), just an apprentice. His morals are naive and simplistic. His sexuality is ambiguous.

"Giving up on himself, betraying everything he stands for, and placing his entire existence in enemy hands" is thus much less significant for him than eg. Roman or even someone like Gerald.

This makes it easy for the women to manipulate him. Give him a shoe to sniff and it's not hard convincing him to play puppy. But conversely: show him the dojo photo or say "Rose" and he's right back in hero-mode. More severe manipulations take longer to recover from and leave irrevocable influences, but don't change his fundamental (lack of) nature.

Note how a crux of the current Bad End is that Ethan can truly no longer proceed through the tower. As for the rest, they all have him in their clutches but explicitly choose to let him go for various reasons. Perhaps you find those reasons flimsy, but they are there (and have planned payoffs etc.).

Ultimately, the ideal point to end the story is a matter of taste. One could argue that the women should break Ethan much more quickly than they do, or that the current arc-ends should have finished him (as you do). My stance is that it's more fun to find something even deeper of his to break and corrupt once the obvious (dojo stuff, etc.) is stripped away, and that letting him run "free" (or is he?) in the meantime adds significantly to the eventual fall.

If you prefer to imagine your MC as more initially determined, but only able to endure one real break (rather than the pendulum-like effect I'm trying to write), then you're of course welcome to play that way. Just understand that it's (slightly) contrary to the intended narrative and may cause some hiccups for you as a result.

As for "damage to his physical and mental health" in a gameplay sense, I've explained elsewhere while this idea doesn't really work in practice, but there will continue to be content unlocked by having particular Mistresses (eg. puppy gear, scene variations, etc.).

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Forgive me if I misunderstood that statement, but isn't that approach a bit detrimental to the femdom narrative?
Submitting to a mistress essentially means Ethan gives up on himself, betrays everything he stands for and places his entire existence in their hands. That should not be an easy choice to make, nor should it bee free of consequences. It seems weird for Ethan to just give in to a mistress and still be able to continue his journey with almost no damage to his physical or mental health, that is what I (and probably other people too) are saying.
Let alone give in to EACH of the ones he meets and still go on as if nothing happened. One minute he's a broken man and next floor he's just fine, and that feels inconsistent
(which is why I have a clean save and branch off new ones whenever I want to dedicate Ethan to a specific mistress, because is feels more organic for the journey to just end after that)
What Koda was saying, was that he is writing based on the assumption a player will submit to only his or her favorite bosses, and choose to forgo the extra content on the others. This would eliminate the need for punishing, unique situations, and can allow for a but more recyclability with scenarios.

We disagreed because I was looking at it from a completionists perspective, wanting to get every scene for every boss, which definitely changes the feel of the overall design. It sounds like you are playing the game more like I would. Koda's player is more prevalent in a finished game, as players are in a bit more of a " what's next" mentality, and are more likely to skip content that isn't as interesting.

I hope that makes sense. I had to really break it down too to see what he was getting at, and though I disagree with his design, I can see why he chose it.

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
An "organic playthrough" refers to the player playing to their tastes rather than external concerns (bug testing, exploits, completism, etc.). It doesn't really relate to the rest of your post, though.

Your critique boils down to finding Ethan's ability to bounce back from mind breaks unbelievable, which is fine, but that line is somewhat arbitrary. Why can he walk away from the mind-melting QTEs and loss scenes? Why did he risk dojo secrets for a footjob from Yvonne? Why doesn't Scarlett just immediately put him in a cage?

My answer (which you're welcome to disregard; I'm explaining how the story is written, not telling you how to interpret it) is that Ethan is simply very malleable. Despite his ambitions, he is not a hero (yet), just an apprentice. His morals are naive and simplistic. His sexuality is ambiguous.

"Giving up on himself, betraying everything he stands for, and placing his entire existence in enemy hands" is thus much less significant for him than eg. Roman or even someone like Gerald.

This makes it easy for the women to manipulate him. Give him a shoe to sniff and it's not hard convincing him to play puppy. But conversely: show him the dojo photo or say "Rose" and he's right back in hero-mode. More severe manipulations take longer to recover from and leave irrevocable influences, but don't change his fundamental (lack of) nature.

Note how a crux of the current Bad End is that Ethan can truly no longer proceed through the tower. As for the rest, they all have him in their clutches but explicitly choose to let him go for various reasons. Perhaps you find those reasons flimsy, but they are there (and have planned payoffs etc.).

Ultimately, the ideal point to end the story is a matter of taste. One could argue that the women should break Ethan much more quickly than they do, or that the current arc-ends should have finished him (as you do). My stance is that it's more fun to find something even deeper of his to break and corrupt once the obvious (dojo stuff, etc.) is stripped away, and that letting him run "free" (or is he?) in the meantime adds significantly to the eventual fall.

If you prefer to imagine your MC as more initially determined, but only able to endure one real break (rather than the pendulum-like effect I'm trying to write), then you're of course welcome to play that way. Just understand that it's (slightly) contrary to the intended narrative and may cause some hiccups for you as a result.

As for "damage to his physical and mental health" in a gameplay sense, I've explained elsewhere while this idea doesn't really work in practice, but there will continue to be content unlocked by having particular Mistresses (eg. puppy gear, scene variations, etc.).
Damn, i didn't look at it that way :D This makes me even more hyped for the future updates and floors :D especially the final bad ends :D

Ieqe

Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys, new to the game and managed to get to the 5th floor but its a very messy playthrough so I was thinking of replaying from the start following some sort of walkthrough. Can some kind soul provide me with a guide on how to get the static orbs? The only s-rank i can get right now is scarlet, how do i get good enough stats to s-rank khulan?
And how do i unlock the latex scenes for cobra? I managed to get to the cobra-venom addiction part but i only have 2 redeem games. Unable to interact with the latex suit in the room as well

bootsfetish59

Jul 12, 2018

I agree with Koda. I restart the game a lot and it's more interesting (natural?!) to create several MC to play different tempers. Indeed that's not consistent to submit to all vilaines (imo). Koda, I think you make a very coherent work. Sorry for my bad english...

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I agree with Koda. I restart the game a lot and it's more interesting (natural?!) to create several MC to play different tempers. Indeed that's not consistent to submit to all vilaines (imo). Koda, I think you make a very coherent work. Sorry for my bad english...
I think he meant the very opposite of what you said. Man that "bad english" got you in quite the awkward situation!

Reactions: bahamut2195

slider

Jul 14, 2017
Leaving aside smell and feet fetish and a bit of overlapping, we've seen that all Mistresses represent a different sort of femdom sub-fetish.

Scarlett: puppy-play
Yvonne: sadism
Eliza: infantilism
Khulan: physical domination
Cobra: findom
Lily: praising/worshiping?

What sort of archetypic dominatrix you guys think we have yet to see?
I'm quite sure we'll meet one based on bondage and provably another based on feminization. I'd absolutely love it if there was one about cuckolding, but I guess that one might be too dividing to be included.

EvaSlavE

Sep 11, 2018
Leaving aside smell and feet fetish and a bit of overlapping, we've seen that all Mistresses represent a different sort of femdom sub-fetish.

Scarlett: puppy-play
Yvonne: sadism
Eliza: infantilism
Khulan: physical domination
Cobra: findom
Lily: praising/worshiping?

What sort of archetypic dominatrix you guys think we have yet to see?
I'm quite sure we'll meet one based on bondage and provably another based on feminization. I'd absolutely love it if there was one about cuckolding, but I guess that one might be too dividing to be included.
to expand on khulan since that sounds a bit vague, she's got a huge hunter/prey dynamic going on, especially with the cannibalism and body trophy thing

lily i think focuses particularly on discipline, giving her "student" tasks and ensuring that they're carried out to the highest order

otherwise yeah that's spot on. in a more fantasy-based sense, cobra is even more interested in absorbing essence from her victims kind of like a classical vampire, though obviously that's not exactly a real-life fetish. eliza definitely has infantalism but with a very dogmatic spin.

bondage/shibari and feminization would certainly be welcome. i know at least one character has mentioned chastity, so that seems likely to happen at some point. maybe some orgasm denial stuff to go along with it. maybe something involving hypnosis/mind control? i dunno. i had something else but i forgot it while typing this lol

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I don't think so. I understand english. Arguments please?
Well the idea of having multiple saves for the game is more or less what @bahamut2195 suggested, which I also like by the way. That would allow for some pretty strict game overs, like Scarlett locking Ethan down.

On the opposite end, Koda wanted to create a less punishing experience where with a single save you can watch every single scene you like... or at least that's what I understood.

Reapki

Sep 12, 2018
Good question. I honestly named the thread after the description given from the developer on patreon. Maybe some fan or someone else made that logo, but forget to put a "L" in the middle XD

Extra information? No, eh? Too hard to read, I know.
I've only seen one so far

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Hi guys, new to the game and managed to get to the 5th floor but its a very messy playthrough so I was thinking of replaying from the start following some sort of walkthrough. Can some kind soul provide me with a guide on how to get the static orbs? The only s-rank i can get right now is scarlet, how do i get good enough stats to s-rank khulan?
And how do i unlock the latex scenes for cobra? I managed to get to the cobra-venom addiction part but i only have 2 redeem games. Unable to interact with the latex suit in the room as well
There is a walkthrough posted on the first page written by a couple of princely guys that should help you immensely. Its been attached to the OP for your convenience.

Reactions: Ieqe and zazzaro

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I don't think so. I understand english. Arguments please?
I'd put it like this. Imagine you just downloaded the full (20 floor) version of ToT for the first time. You've never played it. Are you, as a gamer, more likely to try to see everything on every floor as you move up, meticulously tracking down all images and decision branches? Or are you gonna make a choice, live with it, and go to the next floor until you beat the game?

Most gamers are likely to go with one choice and move on, and track down all the extras on a new game plus type of playthrough. Koda is writing it with the end result, the full game, in mind, not the piece by piece patreon crowd that we are right now. We are tracking down everything every update, because we have ample time to kill between new floors to explore. With that in mind, Koda's approach will work better for those gamers playing the full game, which is ultimately the target audience. We will see the cracks, because we are combing the game meticulously digging up all the content month by month.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes