RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Feorgegg

Jan 12, 2018
After about a week I finally beat the game from start to finish, accumulating over 34 (how poetic!) save games with many different scenarios. I've attached said save games in this post, along with a guide.

Since beating it, I have quite a few suggestions/room for improvement:

• Given that it was obviously among the first assets made, Floor 1 is lacking animations. Unlike every other floor, Scarlett is the only character that entirely uses still images.
  • Floor 2 has no sidequest, and it's clear there's supposed to be something more than what we have atm.
  • Eliza should be able to find you once hidden as a random probability, and the "hiding" objects themselves glitch out after you leave them.
  • Khulan has artificial difficulty through the interception/dodging mechanic, which automatically forfeits your turn.
  • In between defeating Khulan and Lady Cobra, you have to put in 1 - 2 hours' worth of grinding, starting with defeating Scarlett at Level 3 in just one turn, and using just one potion max. For something that's supposed to be not much more than pure, unbridled fetish fuel, this is excessive.
  • By the time I got to Floor 5, the quality of the game had noticeably dropped in the sense that you can tell it's unfinished. There's only one submission sequence for Lady Cobra (which the game allows you to disable thank fuck), there's no apparent option to give in all your levels and Lady Cobra's shoes have no interaction until you're completely done for. Half of Lily's surrender sprites are clearly placeholders, and a few are missing.

For gameplay in general:

• Red potions ought to be nerfed in favor of making them last for 5 successfully executed turns, rather than turns in general.
  • Blue potions are far too expensive for what they're worth, by the time you unlock the fire cape and start grinding Scarlett Level 3 they're effectively useless.
  • Once you start building up your ATK with the Lava Potion, you can essentially break the game by using it to max out. Levels should be able to cap attributes so that each fight remains challenging.
  • After you beat Yvonne, the game should open up a prompt whenever you approach the staircase, asking which floor you want to go to. So much time is lost through walking from Khulan's floor to Scarlett's and vice versa during the pre-Lady Cobra grinding stage. I'm glad this is addressed at the end of the game through the Naga Shard, but that's besides the point. Could've shaved a good half hour+ from my total time with this option.
  • The game should just dump save files altogether in favor of unlockable checkpoints. The whole reason I made the most of the available save files is that you can only experience certain sequences once or twice.
  • Certain stats are pointless and are only used for one mechanic, when really they should be a lot more customizable. "Dignity" and "Confidence" for example are very similar things. And the only way to replenish the former is to get caught in one of Khulan's submission holds, then insult her.
  • Thanks to unapologetic heavy-handedness, the big twist
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    was ruined by Wei's incessant need to spell it out for you, instead of leaving it to suspense.

In closing I can't really give this game a rating as it stands, different parts feel almost as though they were made by different people. It's basically one of a kind, so it has that going for it. Some of the stuff that doesn't appeal to me/feels like a drag is barely worthy of a 5, whereas others peak at a 9. The song known as "LadyCobraPunish", holy shit. Really puts me in the place of Ethan, throwing his quest and hopes away for submitting to ruthless bitches like Cobra and Lily.
is any of the saves complete and up to date with every scene done?

Jan 1, 2018
Does anyone here ive the MC a new name or keep it as Ethan.
I currently have him name Alexio and another time named him Leonel when i first got the last version but unfortunatly lost that save and save editor doesnt chance the MC name.

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
I currently have him name Alexio and another time named him Leonel when i first got the last version but unfortunatly lost that save and save editor doesnt chance the MC name.
i just keep it since my standartnames are to long

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I belive you can change it with a save editor.

EvaSlavE

Sep 11, 2018
i give him the same nickname that every girl i've been with has given me

it's sad but it works

Pic

May 13, 2017
Is it just me or has it been really quiet about the new update (even more than usual)?
I think it's because they don't want to keep delaying the update making their fans upset so I think they will speak once the release date is 100% sure. Obv this is all my assumptions, i'm not on discord so there are only my thoughts.

Reactions: zazzaro

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Is it just me or has it been really quiet about the new update (even more than usual)?
It has been quiet, for sure. Maybe people are just getting used to the ToT timetable of a release every 45 to 60 days instead of every 30? Summer is over so people are busier? I don't know for sure but its definitely less angsty.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
i personally get tired of caring about unfinished games
you just can't stay hyped forever without constant progress

(still hope for paizuri in this)

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
I think its more of people are past angry at lack of updates and just got to the point of not caring anymore, just moving on. Last update was very hyped and had in actuality very little content for the amount of time it took. I am sure the next update will reinvigorate anyone.

This is my theory anyway since last update was more quality of life than just content.

Reactions: BadMrFrostyy

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
It has been quiet, for sure. Maybe people are just getting used to the ToT timetable of a release every 45 to 60 days instead of every 30? Summer is over so people are busier? I don't know for sure but its definitely less angsty.
Personally I just have more stuff to do with the winter.

Drako

Jul 6, 2017
i did not play the game for months since cobra in f5 , i thought i will find at least 2 floors by now , its confusing that even floor 6 dont exist yet , he used to make new floor every month when he start the game , my hope to see the big boss in floor 10 befor summer 2019 is gone by now...

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
As of today it's been exactly 90 days since the last real update... and counting. I hate to sound like a broken record, but the constant delays are making people lose interest in this game, and Bo keeping us in the dark isn't making things any better.

Giving people false information is bad enough, but giving people zero information is worse. Just give us some teasers or progress updates, geez! :test2:

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
As of today it's been exactly 90 days since the last real update... and counting. I hate to sound like a broken record, but the constant delays are making people lose interest in this game, and Bo keeping us in the dark isn't making things any better.

Giving people false information is bad enough, but giving people zero information is worse. Just give us some teasers or progress updates, geez! :test2:
I'd rather get no info than false info to be honest.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
I'd rather get no info than false info to be honest.
Yeah, I worded that poorly. What I meant to say is that a few updates ago when we were getting those release date slip-ups, at least Bo gave enough of a shit to update us about his game himself. Nowadays we have to find everything out through Koda, and delays are still happening, even if under the radar.

Reactions: bahamut2195
Oct 30, 2017
I've been following the Discord server.
As far as it goes, we are all in the dark by now.
It might be just wishful thinking because of my complete addiction to this game, but I would bet something like October 15th~25th as the threshold.
It's been already 90 days. Apart from tons of new content being ready to drop like a meteor, the wait is kinda killing people who love this game.
October is a month to remember: Castlevania, Marvel's Daredevil Season 3 at October 19, ToT's mega-update...

Reactions: bahamut2195
4.40 star(s) 52 Votes