VN Ren'Py Abandoned To Hell and Back [Update 3] [Slonique]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AlterSack

Aug 28, 2018
There are a lot of people here expressing deep frustration towards the developer.

All of it is from people who wish @Slonique would lean his talents towards their own particular tastes and expectations.

There are plenty of other games on this site to meet a range of expectations. No one is paying for it here.
then i say you've got massive problems with reading and understanding. no one complained about the dev not meeting with their expectations. instead all of them complained about the dev beeing uncapable of finishing just one single game (no, abyss isn't finished, just fucked up badly).

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
All of it is from people who wish @Slonique would lean his talents towards their own particular tastes and expectations.
Did you even read all the posts? Most of the complaints about Slonique are about him/her/them not finishing games and/or having too many projects at the same time, making the development of the games a lot slower than it could be. Some complaints are about characters getting banged by black dudes in previous games by Slonique, while a couple of people mentioned that the game is too grindy.

Being frustrated about a developer not finishing up games are very understandable. This is just as annoying as when TV-shows gets cancelled abruptly, and fans not getting a real ending to something they have invested hours of their lives in. With the list of unfinished games by this developer, most of the players (from f95 at least) don't want to invest their time or money towards games made by them.

No one is paying for it here
Sounds like you're speaking out of ignorance. I'm currently supporting 10 creators on Patreon myself, and have supported way more than that over the years. Of course I can't support everyone each month, but my favorite devs are in a "rotation". I'm downloading from f95 when games gets released here before my Patreon tier gets the release, when trying out new games, and if I'm not a patron during that month. I'm pretty sure that there's thousands of us on f95zone doing exactly the same as me.

These forums are the absolute best place to discover and discuss adult games on the internet, which is the main reason I'm here.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
Did you even read all the posts? Most of the complaints about Slonique are about him/her/them not finishing games and/or having too many projects at the same time, making the development of the games a lot slower than it could be. Some complaints are about characters getting banged by black dudes in previous games by Slonique, while a couple of people mentioned that the game is too grindy.

Being frustrated about a developer not finishing up games are very understandable. This is just as annoying as when TV-shows gets cancelled abruptly, and fans not getting a real ending to something they have invested hours of their lives in. With the list of unfinished games by this developer, most of the players (from f95 at least) don't want to invest their time or money towards games made by them.

Sounds like you're speaking out of ignorance. I'm currently supporting 10 creators on Patreon myself, and have supported way more than that over the years. Of course I can't support everyone each month, but my favorite devs are in a "rotation". I'm downloading from f95 when games gets released here before my Patreon tier gets the release, when trying out new games, and if I'm not a patron during that month. I'm pretty sure that there's thousands of us on f95zone doing exactly the same as me.

These forums are the absolute best place to discover and discuss adult games on the internet, which is the main reason I'm here.
Discuss by all means.

However, if you don’t like Slonique’s work, then move on.

There are plenty of others.

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Discuss by all means.

However, if youvdon’t like Slonique’s work, then move on.

There are plenty of others.
I might as well speak to a brick wall. You're clearly not reading, or understanding what's being discussed in this thread. Most people that have contributed to this discussion actually enjoys Slonique's work, to a certain degree. Renders are great and the story of his games are so-so. What we don't like is that he's not completing his fucking games. That does NOT equal not liking his work...

AlterSack

Aug 28, 2018
I might as well speak to a brick wall. You're clearly not reading, or understanding what's being discussed in this thread. Most people that have contributed to this discussion actually enjoys Slonique's work, to a certain degree. Renders are great and the story of his games are so-so. What we don't like is that he's not completing his fucking games. That does NOT equal not liking his work...
he's not worth the time or the effort. there's only one place for ppl like him who don't even try to understand others and that's the ignore-list

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
he's not worth the time or the effort. there's only one place for ppl like him who don't even try to understand others and that's the ignore-list
True. I'm usually not frustrated by shit like this, as I've been on the internet since the 90s, and have seen a lot of stupidity and bad trolling over the years. I must be having an off day. I'll be ignoring his posts from now on ^^

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
However, if youvdon’t like Slonique’s work, then move on.
And what about if i don't like some of his work, i mean, i admit his has some talent and at the the same time many flaws.
What would be the point of constant and endless praises of his genuis and ignoring the errors?

How do you improve yourself if not by hearing the critics, as an artist who ask for support on patreon, he exposes his work to public eyes and by then their judgment !
So plain and simple trashing talks would be useless indeed but negative critics can do good also ! Who can pretend to be the best judge of its own work, how can you expect to reach as many people as possible if no one point out what you are doing wrong?

He needs financial supports to work his art and then exposure, maximum one, and this forum is a very good place for.

He is not your 8 years old son playing baseball, who need constant parental cheering even he is unable to catch the ball, we are the coach of the boy who need to hear what mistakes he done. Yes, some will sound unfair but in a whole picture many will be more than beneficial to improve and upgrade his game...

So yes there's many fish in the ocean to catch, some better fits to our expectations, but without some opposites voices, Slonique will swim lonely in the bottom of the pond without anyone to cares.

To end up, you might say that if we have some critics to give him we should do it on his patreon page and not here, as it is an independant forum, but then who cares? But perhaps you just prefer 3 pages of yes man asking for the next update...
Don't worry it will happen soon as we might become bored by the game very fast.

Best regards

NemisXue

Aug 25, 2017
There are a lot of people here expressing deep frustration towards the developer.

There are plenty of other games on this site to meet a range of expectations. No one is paying for it here.
Have you even read in of the comments, majority are mad at him cause he abandon projects and never finishes his games. The minute he grows bored or whatever he makes a new one an abandons the others. It isn't cause they want him to do s particular taste or expectations. WE WANT TO SEE HIM FINISH WHAT HE STARTS!!!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
That is easy ... because you do not abbandon it ... you cheer for it to marry and have many merry adventures!

NemisXue

Aug 25, 2017
That is easy ... because you do not abbandon it ... you cheer for it to marry and have many merry adventures!
Hard to cheer for it and be a yes man when Slonique abandons things left and right just cause the weather change or some stupid shit like that. If I didn't know any better I would believe he was the CEO of EA.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Interest in game when opened by 'Latest Updates' thread: High.

Realization of who the creator is causing disinterest: 100%.

Number of Slonique games that looked interesting when started: 8

Number of Slonique games finished: 0

Amount of effort in this game: 0. Not even downloaded, as abandonment guaranteed within 2 weeks: 100%.

Odds game abandoned within 4 days of Jan 27, 2019 release: 125 to 1.

Next project published: Feb 2, 2019.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Good fucking gods how many times has this guy started up a project and left it to rot? The developer really needs to focus on taking a single and actually finishing it. I get it's nice to have multiple ideas and concepts that they want to throw out but quantity does not beget quality and this constant abandonment of previous work does not paint a good picture for the dev.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
One time I went to Hell and than came back and than I had to go back to Hell because I forgot my keys.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i am not moderator... but just give friendly advice to ya all !

keep the thread for the game itself please.
we all know about Slonique easy abandonning technic, none the less, dont put that too much into discution.
that thread is about this specific game. not about the dev problem itself.
ya can mention it, but if you want to argue and discuss long about Slonique incapacity to finish a game/project, then check if they are a specific topic for that (or create one)
but its not good to overflow that thread in long discussions about this, as its not "specifically" related to this "specific" game.
that new game, not abandonned yet, sooo, we cant say.

just small advice to avoid one of the moderator to get pissed by reading the same things again and again... some of them are strict ... ( target nobody..really :p )

again, i m not moderator ( thank god, you can be glad of that XD ), but let's avoid this thread to turn into something completly off.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I'm not even going to download, but I forecast an alien climbing out of the ceiling (black, of course) with a dick as big as my leg to bang them all - while the MC watches helplessly.
TBF the classic Skulking Alien Munster, Giger's Xenomorph, is jet-black... and if you thought the version that made it to the movies has a lot of creepily phallic imagery going I hear his original concept was a lot more explicit. :geek:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
i am not moderator... but just give friendly advice to ya all ! <...>
Sorry Mac, but I'm willing to bet real money I am not the only one with this reaction.

Maybe it's harsh, but Truth === AbsoluteDefense (at least in the US).

The graphics look awesome. It might have a great concept. It's probably WORTH trying right now.

BUT...

I have no faith Episode 2 will see the light of day. So, I'm advertising that I will not try this, because I don't see a reason to invest interest in a game that will disappear within 3 weeks.

[begin preachy, soapbox-ey part]
This is a forum for user expression, and as a user who has tried, and even complimented, games from this developer, but been disappointed at every turn, I think it's fair to state a lack of faith at the onset (please feel free to browse other threads for my comments). If a mod tells me this isn't appropriate/fair/sustainable behavior I will by all means stop.

But tell me where I am misguided in expressing my opinion, based on prior experience, and I will cease and desist with this type of post.
[Zen-box ends]

Reactions: Rythan25

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Sorry Mac, but I'm willing to bet real money I am not the only one with this reaction.

Maybe it's harsh, but Truth === AbsoluteDefense (at least in the US).

The graphics look awesome. It might have a great concept. It's probably WORTH trying right now.

BUT...

I have no faith Episode 2 will see the light of day. So, I'm advertising that I will not try this, because I don't see a reason to invest interest in a game that will disappear within 3 weeks.

[begin preachy, soapbox-ey part]
This is a forum for user expression, and as a user who has tried, and even complimented, games from this developer, but been disappointed at every turn, I think it's fair to state a lack of faith at the onset (please feel free to browse other threads for my comments). If a mod tells me this isn't appropriate/fair/sustainable behavior I will by all means stop.

But tell me where I am misguided in expressing my opinion, based on prior experience, and I will cease and desist with this type of post.
[Zen-box ends]
like i say, i m not moderator...
no need to be sorry :)

we all agree that this dev is not the most trustfull one. But as rules say, avoid to talk about others game on a specific game thread. soo, just try to not go too much into "others" games, even from this dev, as its not related to this topic.

i also didnt targeted anyone , i just give a global advice to avoid situation to happen. we know how a thread can quickly and easily turn wrong sometime .

Reactions: polky and JohnJG
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote