cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Something is very strange. When playing, my GPU (RX 480) is at 100% the whole time, even in the main menu. I don't understand why, in the menu is nothing to render. My gpu fan gets very noisy. Never experienced something like that in a game (even AAA games). That can't be right.
Did you try to manually update your gpu driver?

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Driver is up to date.
The same goes for Windows updates + Windows additional updates? Also try to re-install Windows Media Feature Pack.

So far the game has been tested on several computers and laptops (I myself played the game in a VM on my low-end laptop!).

Weinberg

Oct 22, 2017
The same goes for Windows updates + Windows additional updates? Also try to re-install Windows Media Feature Pack.
Yep. Except for the Windows Media Feature Pack. I don't have a"N" or "KN" version of Windows, so I don't need (and therefore can't install) it.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Yep. Except for the Windows Media Feature Pack. I don't have a"N" or "KN" version of Windows, so I don't need (and therefore can't install) it.
I guess you are using Windows 10: Did you check the box for "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" under Advance options in Update?

Also pls try this: (don't know if this works ... you are my guinea pig)

If you guys using a laptop you need to run the game with your dedicated graphic card (Nvidia or AMD) not with onboard card. Otherwise the game crashes.(at least for me)Right-click the application title and select Run with graphics processor.
I also would recommend to try to reinstall an older gpu driver and test the game again.. Because so far, it is clearly a problem with your system and not a game issue.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Weinberg

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
I guess you are using Windows 10: Did you check the box for "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" under Advance options in Update?

I also would recommend to try to reinstall an older gpu driver and test the game again.. Because so far, it is clearly a problem with your system and not a game issue.

Good Luck!
Why is my post here ? I posted that in the Milfy City thread. It's also a suggestion , not an issue. I think you're confused.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Why is my post here ? I posted that on the Milfy City thread. It's also a suggestion , not an issue. I think you're confused.
yeah sorry, for quoting it in a different thread. But I don't want copy and paste your suggestion as my! ;) I don't think this would be nice.

Anyway, I try to help this fellow dude... and maybe your suggestion could be the solution. Just narrowing down possible problems and trying different thinks I read somewhere. ;)

I hope you don't mind @KeinBa?

Last edited:
Reactions: KeinBa

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
yeah sorry, for quoting it in a different thread. But I don't want copy and paste your suggestion as my! ;) I don't think this would be nice.

Anyway, I try to help this fellow dude... and maybe your suggestion could be the solution. Just narrowing down possible problems and trying different thinks, I read somewhere. ;)

I hope you don't mind @KeinBa?
Aw i didn't read your post properly. it seems , you offered a help to someone. First I thought you were trying to help me. (didnt see this line ''Also pls try this: (don't know if this works ... you are my guinea pig'')Anyway there is no problem here. I am the one who confused :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cold_arctus

drud

Aug 29, 2017
Would it be possible to compress any further for future updates, or some possible reencoding, game is gonna end up pretty big eventually and with the mega limit it sucks having to download on my main pc using the app.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Would it be possible to compress any further for future updates, or some possible reencoding, game is gonna end up pretty big eventually and with the mega limit it sucks having to download on my main pc using the app.
Aesouh is working on it, see:

It's already compressed, but we are probably changing image format in the next release that will reduce the game size more

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Not all versions of Wine are compatible with this game, it's been tested with Wine Staging 3.19. Get the Mac version of Wine Staging 3.19 .

The procedure below assumes you'll be using the default wine config location, ~/.wine. If you don't know what a wine prefix is, ignore this part. If you're using wine prefixes, you should modify the procedure accordingly.
  • Install Wine Staging. By default it gets put in /Applications.
  • Download WMF_workaround.zip and extract.
  • Launch Wine Staging. It will open a Terminal window.
  • In the terminal window, type
    • cd <space> <drag the WMF_workaround folder here> <enter>
    • wine start regedit.exe mf.reg
    • wine start regedit.exe wmf.reg
  • If you're using a 32 bit wine configuration (the default), type
    • cp Windows\ 7\ 64-bit/syswow64/* ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
    • wine regsvr32 msmpeg2vdec.dll
    • wine regsvr32 msmpeg2adec.dll
  • If you're using a 64 bit wine configuration, type
    • cp Windows\ 7\ 64-bit/system/* ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
    • wine64 regsvr32 msmpeg2vdec.dll
    • wine64 regsvr32 msmpeg2adec.dll
You also might want a package called "corefonts". It seems to be used in 1 place in the game, the resolution selection popup menu. If you don't care about changing the resolution, you don't need to do this. If you care about it, or want to be complete, or will be using this wine config to run other unity games, you should install corefonts.

In the Terminal window, do this to install corefonts:
  • Get winetricks from . Save as a file called winetricks.
  • Winetricks will require a package called cabextract. To get that you need to install homebrew. If you already have it installed, skip to the brew step. If you have cabextract installed, skip to the winetricks step.
    • ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL )" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
    • brew install cabextract
    • sh winetricks corefonts
You may close the Terminal window with "exit" now.

There are 2 ways to run:
  • Get the attached command file, unzip it, and put it next to "Unconditional Love.exe". Double click it to run. It assumes Wine Staging 3.19 is in the Applications folder and you're using a 32 bit wine config. If you moved it, or installed a different Wine Staging version, or are using a 64 bit config, you'll need to edit the script.
  • Launch the Wine Staging app. In the Terminal window that pops up, cd to the Timestamps location and type this: wine "Unconditional Love.exe"

If you're interested in the source of the WMF_workaround info, @cold_arctus talks about it . Thanks to him for finding the WMF workaround, which enables videos.

Mac save location: ~/.wine/drive_c/users/<username>/Local Settings/Application Data/VNGINE/Timestamps/Saves
Saves from Windows seem to be compatible.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Instructions for running on MacOS Mac OSX taken from my Man of the House guide:

Animations work with with Wine Staging (only in windowed-mode!). Get the Mac version of Wine Staging 3.19 .

Not all versions of Wine are compatible with game, it's been tested with 3.19.

• Install Wine Staging. By default it gets put in /Applications.
  • Now you need to get winetricks from .
  • Run Terminal. Run "sh" if your default shell is not bash.
  • Winetricks will require a package called cabextract. To get that you need to install homebrew. If you already have it installed, skip the first step. Run these commands:
    • ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL )" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
    • brew install cabextract
    • exit
  • Launch Wine Staging. It will open a shell window in Terminal.
  • cd to the location of winetricks. I put it next to Wine Staging.app.
  • run:
    • sh winetricks corefonts
    • sh winetricks ffdshow quartz
  • Select defaults for the install
  • When you get "Completing the ffdshow Setup Wizard", select "Run video decoder configuration" and "Finish"
  • Click "Tray, dialog & paths", then "Tray icons:" "None", "OK"
There are 2 ways to run:
  • Get the attached command file, unzip it, and put it next to "Unconditional Love.exe". Double click it to run. It assumes Wine Staging 3.19 is in the Applications folder. If you moved it, or installed a different Wine Staging version, you'll need to edit the script.
  • Launch the Wine Staging app. In the Terminal window that pops up, cd to the Timestamps location and type:wine "Unconditional Love.exe"

Thank you, goobdoob for sharing your installation guide of Man of the House! But there is a major difference between MotH and Timestamps regarding animations/videos:

Animations work with with Wine Staging (only in windowed-mode!)
Dear Wine users, animations do not work with Wine! Doesn't matter if you are using Wine-Staging/Wine-Stable on a Mac or Linux! The reason for this is: Windows Media Foundation!

The native Windows version of the game needs Windows Media Foundation for animation playback. However, Wine so far, is not able to use all .dll's of Windows Media Pack or other .msu packs.

Anyway, above installation guide will make the game run on a Mac, but without the animations! (Some animations are important to understand the story a little bit better, because they are more as just some sex scenes. Keep this in mind!)

If you want to enjoy the game completely, and not just the renders, than you need to install a Virtual Machine with Windows. This is the only solution so far!

Thank you for reading! :D

U

User_196312

Hi guys and girls.

Can i do the game without the walktrough??

If i do it without walktrough will I get lost in the game or miss important scenes. =)

Weinberg

Oct 22, 2017
Thank you very much for your help.
You guessed right, but the box was already checked.

KeinBa said:
If you guys using a laptop you need to run the game with your dedicated graphic card (Nvidia or AMD) not with onboard card. Otherwise the game crashes.(at least for me)Right-click the application title and select Run with graphics processor.
I'm not using a laptop, but a PC.

I did this and it seems that the old driver helps a little bit. Nevertheless there is still a huge GPU workload (100%) and heavy heat emission (therefore fan spins like crazy).

Last edited:

Tithor

May 20, 2017
simple hypothesis about last and future episodes?!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
just a simple though, just putting it there... :sneaky::sneaky:

love the update btw

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thank you very much for your help.

You guessed right, but the box was already checked.

I'm not using a laptop, but a PC.

I did this and it seems that the old driver helps a little bit. Nevertheless there is still a huge GPU workload (100%) and heavy heat emission (therefore fan spins like crazy).

You are welcome...

I don't use Windows, but is there an option to deactivate your gpu and switch to onboard-card? Just for testing purpose to see how your CPU would handle it. :D

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
simple hypothesis about last and future episodes?!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
just a simple though, just putting it there... :sneaky::sneaky:

really nice update btw
You might want to check out our speculation on and forward. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tithor
4.10 star(s) 232 Votes