(September poll) What type of content do you want to see more in Time Shifter?

• Total voters

lhucio

Jan 7, 2021
I can't acces to the save Button from my android phone. Any idea how to fix this? I tried 2 different web browser...

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
More than a few bugs with this latest version, major optimisation of the code is needed to speed things up (you want things seamless for the player).

1704803451906.png

Characters not being named correctly, dead ends that force the use of the back button as an emergency escape as the dialogue options refuse to load. Just play the latest offline version and play through the beginning of the game, especially where Kim is introduced. The game practically forces you to pick one dialogue route as the others lead to dead ends and no continuation options.

HotLoad

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
More than a few bugs with this latest version, major optimisation of the code is needed to speed things up (you want things seamless for the player).

View attachment 3246878

Characters not being named correctly, dead ends that force the use of the back button as an emergency escape as the dialogue options refuse to load. Just play the latest offline version and play through the beginning of the game, especially where Kim is introduced. The game practically forces you to pick one dialogue route as the others lead to dead ends and no continuation options.
Thanks for the feedback, I will fix the bugs with the names and dead ends in dialogues.
As for optimisation, it is a very complicated task. I see messages from people about slow performance, and I'll try to do something with this problem, but I need some time.

Darkiger

Oct 30, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, I will fix the bugs with the names and dead ends in dialogues.
As for optimisation, it is a very complicated task. I see messages from people about slow performance, and I'll try to do something with this problem, but I need some time.
Yeah I really love this game and the way you developped it. At the very beginning there were no trouble with the speed of the game, but actually it is kind of a pain. Every click needs 5 sec or more to answer, it is too long. Please try to do something, I don't play the game actually because of this problem.

And btw this is not an internet connection problem on my side, I play offline.

malcolmalbie

Oct 8, 2018
Let me help by telling you where the problem is:
You're tracking too many variables under setup. Move these to the main game.

In Twine, whenever you go to a new page, it saves the game. In Time Sifter (v0.9.2.2), the game is compressing 3.6MB of data (or 2/3rds of the size of the story file) when it saves. This leads to delays of 3-5 seconds when clicking an option, possibly more on lower-end devices.

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes