Thoughts on my character designs?

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
These are good. The only criticism I could level is that the first girl has bright colorful tats. Those are cool, but how could she get the good colored ink after the apocalypse? I believe they tend to fade over time.

Aug 2, 2017
These are good. The only criticism I could level is that the first girl has bright colorful tats. Those are cool, but how could she get the good colored ink after the apocalypse? I believe they tend to fade over time.
Those are just the textures i have, i could probably mess around with the surfaces to make it appear more dull

Reactions: MrBree

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I dont like Tattoos (in fact HATE them) but the main girl is pretty hot despite them !

The asian girl is a tad homely, and for some odd reason she is unattractive enough to me, that I wouldnt mind her being the subject of the harsher and grosser fetishes (gang-bang, blacked, humiliation, watersport, NTR, etc).

The main guy is decent enough, but I hate the shaved/buzz cut on nearly all male characters, Jesus Christ !! Does Daz3d not make decent hair textures for males or WTF ?? (not going off on you, more on Daz3d itself).

The last guy... I LIKE him, from his pale skin, to his nearly supernatural look... Is he a vampire ? a ghoul ? a werewolf ?

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
Need more hair my mate. In the armpits for men and women, beard for men and yellow teeth for everyone. It's post apoc :p

Aug 2, 2017
I dont like Tattoos (in fact HATE them) but the main girl is pretty hot despite them !

The asian girl is a tad homely, and for some odd reason she is unattractive enough to me, that I wouldnt mind her being the subject of the harsher and grosser fetishes (gang-bang, blacked, humiliation, watersport, NTR, etc).

The main guy is decent enough, but I hate the shaved/buzz cut on nearly all male characters, Jesus Christ !! Does Daz3d not make decent hair textures for males or WTF ?? (not going off on you, more on Daz3d itself).

The last guy... I LIKE him, from his pale skin, to his nearly supernatural look... Is he a vampire ? a ghoul ? a werewolf ?
What do you think about this hair?
mcTnew.png

Aug 2, 2017
I had to bring the tattoo texture into photoshop because it applied it directly on to the skin mat, but I was able to take away some of the vibrance
AprilTnew.png

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The first, second, and fourth characters are all unique, and all of them are well-rendered.

But the third guy looks like Michael 7. :unsure:

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
I had to bring the tattoo texture into photoshop because it applied it directly on to the skin mat, but I was able to take away some of the vibrance
Still somewhat bright (the water especially). You can tinker with it more if you want but it is clearly toned down and more reasonable.

Big Improvement, he actually looks like a handsome chap, just loose the hillbilly beard LOL :p
Post- apocalypse. I doubt he has a good razor available. :p

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
There is some really nice facial hair using fibermesh available for free on Deviant Art by Laticis Imagery. It's here:

I have used other older hair (pubic hair in my case) from Genesis 3 female on Genesis 8 females with no problem. You might be able to use this facial hair, and because of the fibermesh technology, it will look very realistic.

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
It would probably be better to do this by making the tattoo somewhat transparent. Actual tattoos aren't totally opaque, which is the reason why they aren't that vibrant, so you might try applying a somewhat transparent tattoo over the existing skin texture.

As for the guy, with your edit he looks a bit less like the traditional "brown-haired white guy", but he still looks pretty ordinary for video games. He needs some "flare" to make him less generic. It could be something simple like an obvious scar, birthmark, or a streak in the hair, or it could be something like having him be a different race, younger, older, or anything other than the typical "bro".

And speaking of race, the Asian girl should have a skin color more appropriate for an Asian; she's too white. She also needs some "flare" herself. Perhaps some cute glasses, colored barrettes, less generic black clothing, just... something.

The first girl has the tattoos as her "flare", so you just need to do something to make each of the other characters look less like background characters as well.

Reactions: MrBree