VN Ren'Py Abandoned Their Beautiful World [v0.1.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

01110011 01101011

Donor
Jan 10, 2018
I'm afraid you'll be disappointed if you're specifically looking for characters like Morrigan and Yennefer. My preferences align more with those of Iron Bull (I like myself some cute, warm-hearted redheads, who would have guessed...), so I'm in the Triss/Leliana (although I don't really like her in Inquisition) camp. Hope you'll still enjoy the game though
At least someone understood who is the main character in dragon age, il try your game if is as your taste ( triss/lel ) suggest, i'll pledge

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
How the hell did I miss this one?

I think this is 3 of this devs games i've played now .... I wonder if they know sleep is a thing the body needs.

Cameage

Aug 13, 2017
Ah, typos like this are my worst enemy! Indeed, they are all mistakes that I'll fix in the next update (if I don't forget). Thank you for pointing them out, otherwise it might have taken me a few updates to notice these were even still in there. Someone else mentioned another typo, which was quite funny since it wasn't actually a typo. I think it was about the main character saying something like "Was he a human or was she an elf?", which seems like a typo because the characters goes from male to female. This isn't actually a typo though, but a lore thing since all (pure) elves are female (at least, humans call them female). But the ones you mentioned were all actual mistakes, so it's good that I know about them.

As for leaving the 'small city'... First of all, Cinderval is far from a small city. It's the capital of the empire and the largest city in it. But you will of course get the explore beyond its walls somewhere in the future (the end of this version even hints that the next case is outside of Cinderval). But trust me, there is a rather big world outside of Cinderval and I already have tons of lore about it that we'll hopefully get to explore in the future.

As for this being non-Tolkien-esque... I assume you mean in the way that most erotic fantasy worlds out there don't go beyond: 'Oh, we have elves. We also have dwarves. Don't expect anything new.' I intentionally did that, because after reading/playing tons of fantasy games and books, I noticed that each world has something unique to it that makes that world special. And maybe I just really like world building. And maybe I also like combining cool ideas from various fantasy works I'm familiar with into a new one (for example: The Siren's Voice is actually something I came up with by trying to combine Soothing and Lightweaving from Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere books). I also always found it odd that erotic fantasy world don't usually incorporate sex into their lore, which always seems like a missed opportunity to me.

For this world specifically, you might also notice that I use the names of mythological creatures a lot. But they always aren't quite like how we expect them to be (like a Siren not being a mermaid-esque creature and a Succubus not being a female demon with black wings), yet they still retaining some of the elements that we associate with them. It was really fun to try to come up with how those already existing mythological creatures change/fit into my world. Even though I don't really like him as an author, I have to give credit to Andrzej Sapkowski (who wrote the Witcher books), who did something similar with his Witcher short stories. He used already existing fairy tales (such as Snow White, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid) and changed them so they fit into the Witcher universe. They're still very much recognizable as the fairy tales we're familiar with and I though that was such a cool idea.

I know this post got a bit long, but hopefully you enjoyed this little insight into the creation of Their Beautiful World (by the way... I only now realize the current version of the game doesn't explain why the game is called 'Their Beautiful World'. I guess that will remain a mystery for now)
Hey man, I like this game so far, but can you please change the choice box colors in the next update? Pink on white is REALLY hard for me to read. Also, this isn't as big of a deal, but the vines on the text box are green, and the name at the top is written in dark lettering, so those are hard to see, too.

Edit: also the stats area at the top right has a lot of white on white issues.

Looking forward to the next update.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
As it stands this is a side project from what i'm gathering.

The dev is finishing working on Blooming Love and has High School Romance Simulator in the works.

He works on 2 games at once to help with writers block so while work is being done on this it is slow at the moment. It will probably pick up once BL is finished.

Reactions: goditseb

Solasa

Dec 18, 2017
Even though HSRS has not come out yet and I like Blooming Love, I think Their Beautiful World has the most potential to become a favourite of mine out of the 3.

Hoping this gets some love soon as the work on Blooming Love is coming to an end.

Reactions: goditseb

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I agree, this has a massive amount of potential.

I think the only thing stopping him putting more work in this at the moment is the amount of work it takes. A VN is relatively simple by comparison so I think he wants Blooming Love finished before he puts his focus on this and HSRS.

I know he mentioned something about the amount of work this takes somewhere.

Reactions: Solasa

Solasa

Dec 18, 2017
I agree, this has a massive amount of potential.

I think the only thing stopping him putting more work in this at the moment is the amount of work it takes. A VN is relatively simple by comparison so I think he wants Blooming Love finished before he puts his focus on this and HSRS.

I know he mentioned something about the amount of work this takes somewhere.
Yep, easier to push out updates when the game is only a simple VN.
But I guess it could be a good thing as well, if BSS gets burnt out on one of the games while making a new update he probably can switch to the other easier if the layout of the games etc is different.

You're probably thinking of the answer he posted to me in the Blooming Love thread.

Reactions: Gomly1980

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

I understand some people might have been confused by the recent character designs I released as they do not fit High School Crush Simulator's style. I've seen people suggest they might cosplayers or something like that to have them fit into a modern setting, but that isn't the case.

In Fivae's character introduction, I mentioned her design was from a new game. And that's what I'd like to talk about in this post. Some of you might remember an earlier game I released called Their Beautiful World. It was a fantasy game that sadly never got the initial version 0.1 release as I wasn't really happy with how that turned out. So I instead started working on HSCS. I'm not done with the world of Their Beautiful World (called Varlision) though as I think it has enough potential to be given another chance.

So now you might be thinking... but the character designs for Livia and Fivae also wouldn't really fit into Their Beautiful World. That game was a clasic medieval European fantasy game. That's true. But every world had different time periods, right? The game I'm currently working on (going by the name Their Beautiful World - Divinity) is a sort of reboot of the world set hundreds of years before the original game. And to show that time difference, I decided it would be fun to go for the more unique Roman Empire culture style for a fantasy setting as I don't think that's been done before by a lot of other people. So that's why they wear toga's and all that fun stuff.

So yes, you'll see plenty of (fantasy) gods, marble statues, toga's and lions in this game. Because you can't have a world based on Greek(/Roman) culture without lions in it.

This game started as a crazy idea I had. I thought I'd never be able to do it, but one of my beta/bug testers persuaded me to give it a try when I mentioned it to him. I won't go into detail about it here as it's simply not in a state where the game is ready to be shared yet, but I am working on it as much as I can.

The potential for a great game is there, but I need to dedicate the massive amount of time required for it to succeed. Not giving it enough time or dedication will almost certainly make this game a failure. The concept has great potential though and I think it will turn into a really fun and unique experience that I don't think any adult game developer has tried (at least not as far as I know). So I hope you all understand why I'll probably be a bit slower on releases this and next month. HSCS won't be canceled obviously as I still love the concept for that game too. But for now I'll stay with the monthly releases for that game for a while because TBW - Divinit simply demands about 70-80% of my time at the moment.

I can only hope the effort I'm putting into TBW - Divinity will be worth it in the end. Hopefully I'll be able to share more details about the project soon. For now, I think a mid-August release date would be a slightly optimistic one. End-August to early-September is probably more realistic, but I'll have to see how development goes. Right now I have enough confidence in the project to be willing to dedicate several months of my time into a first version, so hopefully this clears some things up for you all.

Thanks for making it all the way to the end and I hope to see you again when I'm ready to share more details about the project.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
The project itself might be dead, but it's spirit is still alive:

Today I released a second game in this world and I'm much more happy with how this one turned out. It's set in the same world as this game, but this is game is not canon for that one.

Darkwood II

May 21, 2018
The project itself might be dead, but it's spirit is still alive:

Today I released a second game in this world and I'm much more happy with how this one turned out. It's set in the same world as this game, but this is game is not canon for that one.
So is this one going to be completely dropped or are you just putting more effort into divinity?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
So is this one going to be completely dropped or are you just putting more effort into divinity?
It is completely dropped I'm afraid. I just wasn't happy with how this project turned out and felt that a fresh start with a new gameplay concept would be better. In my opinion Divinity turned out much better and will hopefully spawn several more games in the game's world (Varlision). But this game is not even canon for Divinity. The world is sort of the same, but there are also some small differences. If there are elements you like a lot in this game that are not in Divinity though, don't forget to let me know

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote