VN Ren'Py Abandoned Their Beautiful World [v0.1.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

I thought that error was caused by me messing around with some of the files so I never reported it.

But did a quick check and you can fix that by opening the core.ryp file in notebook and adding define knowledge_reputation = 200 to the group of reputations and then overwrite the file. You'll have to reload the scripts with the shift + R and after that it'll give you 1 point to knowledge without crashing.

##Core reputations stats for main character
define slut_reputation = 200
define heroic_reputation = 200
define knowledge_reputation = 200
define reputation = ""

Reactions: goditseb

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
core.ryp ? where is that file, there is only core.py and core.pyo

but doesnt matter, i finished it :D

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
@

I thought that error was caused by me messing around with some of the files so I never reported it.

But did a quick check and you can fix that by opening the core.ryp file in notebook and adding define knowledge_reputation = 200 to the group of reputations and then overwrite the file. You'll have to reload the scripts with the shift + R and after that it'll give you 1 point to knowledge without crashing.

##Core reputations stats for main character
define slut_reputation = 200
define heroic_reputation = 200
define knowledge_reputation = 200
define reputation = ""
I advise against doing this. The actual fix is to simply open intro.rpy, go to line 169 and replace '$ knowledge_reputation += 1' with '$ knowledge += 1'. Don't create a new variable, but fix the line that incorrectly tried to increase an already existing variable. I will fix this myself of course in the next update, but there you have it.

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
I think rape / non consensual sexual activities and possibly even bestiality are part of a fantasy world like this. Please do not remove them.

Keep up the good work, I like the game so far and am very interested to see where it is going. It is a different game for sure, in a positive way.

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
i can only agree with @Rozhok , pls dont remove bestiality in later versions ( happens alot thx to ****), so far game is short, but i had 1 hour fun ( i know im slow at reading :D ) , like the models and atmosphere!

Im curious for coming updates!

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

I do it all the time but usually I do it to fix typo's change a land ladies name to mother fix errors where there was a typo in the code remove rollback prevention.

@

You have to use a tool like unren or enable dev mode renpy to extract those files out of the game file and then make a backup of the file you are going to alter unless you know what you are doing.

@

I don't think rape will be in it since it's not in the tags.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Just created a little update for the game (version 0.1.1) that fixes the bug crashes that have been reported here. Hopefully that will make it a little easier to be an Animal Savior without having to alter the files yourselves. You can get it from website (linked in OP) if you want

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
.. so I'm in the Triss/Leliana (although I don't really like her in Inquisition)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To the game:
1) Screw the hater(s), i love the mini-game. Not a fan if it's mandatory to progress the game, but even there you can just rollback. Easypeasy, and a welcome change of pace.
2) Behold the holy truth: All extreme fetishes will draw hate. As will homosexual content, because ignorant asshats are everywhere - even on a site for pirated adult games, go figure. Again, screw the haters. However, the wise druid keeps to his furry friends in secret (~ for easy consumption, stuff like bestiality or rape should be optional and entirely avoidable, as long as it's not a main-theme of the game. Then obviously, people should just stfu and move on. I think you did perfectly well with putting an off-mild-on switch in the options).
3) The one thing i'd wish from the game would be to have a stronger influence on the case, more 'say' if you will. This first (prologue?) case was completely railroaded, so it just felt to me like "Uhm, ok, whatever she just said. MC gives the solution, guy-helper goes to investigate for several days sans me, and i will .... idle, i guess. Yay?". Not really critic so far, just a wish to get more, let's say, 'complex' cases in the future. With the option to ultimately fail! Just like in real life! ... ... ... aaand now i made myself sad.
4) One design request: Don't use green text for names, as it can overlap with the leaves of the textbox. Hard to read.

Pretty much everything else seems fine to me. I like how the exploration gives background info about the world in a very natural way. Also a somewhat interesting world (to be fair: Give me easy elves and i'm in, no questions asked. The one thing Das Schwarze Auge (the dark eye) does right... ^^") and a fresh game-idea.
Hope you keep the RPG-theme consistent, so our decisions will really really matter™ later on ... for example: How cool would it be to later meet the wildelf girl (from the inn) and get her help if one was friendly towards her? Or the man we totally saved from the crowd, who returns the favour. Or the wanna-be-mage who now travels the world to learn all theory of magic like a certain dwarven girl. Many possibilities.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Thanks Dev, This is a great effort _ love the concept. Hope you get all the support you need to make it happen. I played as a C'cup slut last time, this time I will try big tits and puppy luv :eek:penedeyewink: Schwing!

Note; ignore the haters, keep the mini-game.

Jaime Lannister

Apr 23, 2017
Afraid to this download 1.1 Gb file. Is there any sex at all for this file size or just dialogue and blue balls?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Afraid to this download 1.1 Gb file. Is there any sex at all for this file size or just dialogue and blue balls?
1.1 GB? Which game are you trying to download? Because this one is only 300 MB. And there currently is no sex in the game (although there is a handjob scene in which the main character is not involved), but there is nudity.

shazdeh

Sep 3, 2017
Oh my, do my eyes deceive me, proper English in a VN?! Broken language is like toxin to immersion, so this was quite pleasing. There's also some world building, and not the cookie-cutter Tolkien-esque kind which I do appreciate. You don't leave the small city (not yet anyway) but there are hints at a larger and more detailed world.
The story is interesting too, although, her guard seems to do more investigating than she does, it was a bit weird.
Looking forward to the next update!

PS. I think there are a couple of grammatical errors, English is not my native language so I'm not sure, but will list them here anyway:

1. Nobody send us. "sent"
  2. The Embracer seems to have finally found a moment of peace in no longer have to think about whatever happened to her in the past. Having to think?
  3. I think she wants to stay together. Wants us?

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Oh my, do my eyes deceive me, proper English in a VN?! Broken language is like toxin to immersion, so this was quite pleasing. There's also some world building, and not the cookie-cutter Tolkien-esque kind which I do appreciate. You don't leave the small city (not yet anyway) but there are hints at a larger and more detailed world.
The story is interesting too, although, her guard seems to do more investigating than she does, it was a bit weird.
Looking forward to the next update!

PS. I think there are a couple of grammatical errors, English is not my native language so I'm not sure, but will list them here anyway:

1. Nobody send us. "sent"
  2. The Embracer seems to have finally found a moment of peace in no longer have to think about whatever happened to her in the past. Having to think?
  3. I think she wants to stay together. Wants us?
Ah, typos like this are my worst enemy! Indeed, they are all mistakes that I'll fix in the next update (if I don't forget). Thank you for pointing them out, otherwise it might have taken me a few updates to notice these were even still in there. Someone else mentioned another typo, which was quite funny since it wasn't actually a typo. I think it was about the main character saying something like "Was he a human or was she an elf?", which seems like a typo because the characters goes from male to female. This isn't actually a typo though, but a lore thing since all (pure) elves are female (at least, humans call them female). But the ones you mentioned were all actual mistakes, so it's good that I know about them.

As for leaving the 'small city'... First of all, Cinderval is far from a small city. It's the capital of the empire and the largest city in it. But you will of course get the explore beyond its walls somewhere in the future (the end of this version even hints that the next case is outside of Cinderval). But trust me, there is a rather big world outside of Cinderval and I already have tons of lore about it that we'll hopefully get to explore in the future.

As for this being non-Tolkien-esque... I assume you mean in the way that most erotic fantasy worlds out there don't go beyond: 'Oh, we have elves. We also have dwarves. Don't expect anything new.' I intentionally did that, because after reading/playing tons of fantasy games and books, I noticed that each world has something unique to it that makes that world special. And maybe I just really like world building. And maybe I also like combining cool ideas from various fantasy works I'm familiar with into a new one (for example: The Siren's Voice is actually something I came up with by trying to combine Soothing and Lightweaving from Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere books). I also always found it odd that erotic fantasy world don't usually incorporate sex into their lore, which always seems like a missed opportunity to me.

For this world specifically, you might also notice that I use the names of mythological creatures a lot. But they always aren't quite like how we expect them to be (like a Siren not being a mermaid-esque creature and a Succubus not being a female demon with black wings), yet they still retaining some of the elements that we associate with them. It was really fun to try to come up with how those already existing mythological creatures change/fit into my world. Even though I don't really like him as an author, I have to give credit to Andrzej Sapkowski (who wrote the Witcher books), who did something similar with his Witcher short stories. He used already existing fairy tales (such as Snow White, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid) and changed them so they fit into the Witcher universe. They're still very much recognizable as the fairy tales we're familiar with and I though that was such a cool idea.

I know this post got a bit long, but hopefully you enjoyed this little insight into the creation of Their Beautiful World (by the way... I only now realize the current version of the game doesn't explain why the game is called 'Their Beautiful World'. I guess that will remain a mystery for now)

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote