Ren'Py The Whorecrux - A Harry Potter parody game - [Game Development Thread]

Feb 26, 2024
Introduction
Hello, my name is Pervy Pixels, and I would like to introduce you to the game I am working on. For some of you, it should look familiar. I am going to take the base of an abandoned game called “Six Serpents” and build my own game from the ground up, using assets provided by that game.

Did you get permission?
I used to be a big fan of Six Serpents, and I wanted to see it succeed. However, the gameplay was not polished, and it introduced a few characters I did not care about. After abandonment of the game, I have requested the game developer if I could use the assets from his game as the base of my own. He granted me permission, stating that the game has been abandoned for a long time.

What will you do differently?
  • You will be a student, not a teacher.
  • You will be able to finish quests in any order you want.
  • I plan on having at least two routes per character: romance and corruption.
    • Romance: The character will love you, and you will not share her with others.
    • Corruption: You will corrupt the character into making her do anything you want. This might include whoring her out for your own benefits.
  • I will only use known Harry Potter characters, there is no room for characters people don’t care about.
  • Of course, there are missing characters. I have plans on adding much more (female) characters, so that there will be a lot of content. But that’s something for the future.
  • Implement the core gameplay mechanics beforehand, and then use that as base for the game.
    • Sandbox system, to add a layer of discovery.
      • This includes a map, so that you can easily navigate through the game world.
    • Gallery system, so that you can see which images you have unlocked.
      • This will be done in the form of a “Pensieve”.
    • Quest log, so that you know what you need to do for story progression.
      • This will be done in the form of a “Remembrall”.
    • … and more to come.
What is the current state of the game?
Right now, I am working on the story and gameplay elements. I want to release a strong prologue in which you can see the gameplay at work. I plan the prologue to be quite short, but with the gameplay elements in place, players can test how they are implemented and provide me with feedback. Having all the gameplay elements in place means that I have a good foundation I can build on.

And in the meanwhile, I managed to hire the original artist. He has levelled up his drawing skills, which means that you will see even more juicy content soon.

Now what?
I don’t know, perhaps give me your blessings? I will use this thread to provide updates for the game. If you have any questions, please let me know.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024
The first pieces of art are being created. As I mentioned earlier, I will use already existing assets, but also let the artist create new scenes. The focus for now will lie on Ginny's corruption path, which has something to do with a familiar wizard sport...

ginny quidditch sketch 1.jpg ginny quidditch sketch 2.jpg

While the artist works on the scenes, I will work on the story and implement the first game mechanic: sandbox exploration.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Introduction
Hello, my name is Pervy Pixels, and I would like to introduce you to the game I am working on. For some of you, it should look familiar. I am going to take the base of an abandoned game called “Six Serpents” and build my own game from the ground up, using assets provided by that game.

Did you get permission?
I used to be a big fan of Six Serpents, and I wanted to see it succeed. However, the gameplay was not polished, and it introduced a few characters I did not care about. After abandonment of the game, I have requested the game developer if I could use the assets from his game as the base of my own. He granted me permission, stating that the game has been abandoned for a long time.

What will you do differently?
  • You will be a student, not a teacher.
  • You will be able to finish quests in any order you want.
  • I plan on having at least two routes per character: romance and corruption.
    • Romance: The character will love you, and you will not share her with other.
    • Corruption: You will corrupt the character into making her do anything you want. This might include whoring her out for your own benefit.
  • I will only use known Harry Potter characters, there is no room for characters people don’t care about.
  • Of course, there are missing characters. I have plans on adding much more (female) characters, so that there will be a lot of content. But that’s something for the future.
  • Implement the core gameplay mechanics beforehand, and then use that as base for the game.
    • Gallery system, so that you can see which images you have unlocked.
      • This will be done in the form of a “Pensieve”.
    • Quest log, so that you know what you need to do for story progression.
      • This will be done in the form of a “Remembrall”.
    • … and more to come.
What is the current state of the game?
Right now, I am working on the story and gameplay elements. I want to release a strong prologue in which you can see the gameplay at work. I plan the prologue to be quite short, but with the gameplay elements in place, players can test how they are implemented and provide me with feedback. Having all the gameplay elements in place means that I have a good foundation I can build on.

And in the meanwhile, I managed to hire the original artist. He has levelled up his drawing skills, which means that you will see even more juicy content soon.

Now what?
I don’t know, perhaps give me your blessings? I will use this thread to provide updates for the game. If you have any questions, please let me know.

The first pieces of art are being created. As I mentioned earlier, I will use already existing assets, but also let the artist create new scenes. The focus for now will lie on Ginny's corruption path, which has something to do with a familiar wizard sport...

View attachment 3398823 View attachment 3398824

While the artist works on the scenes, I will work on the story and implement the first game mechanic: sandbox exploration.
I see a lot of good promise in this game. Amazing content described thus far. Loving sexy Hermione's art :love: Can't wait to have her on the corruption path :devilish: Maybe whore her out to one of the Slytherins, Crabbe perhaps? :ROFLMAO:

1709333896142.png

1709333822328.png

Also, I love what you have planned with Ginny. The Quidditch pre-art/rough sketches look amazing. The way that her thicc and meaty thighs are balanced so perfectly on the broom really shows off her curves and toned ass physique. Can't wait to see it in its full-colour glory :devilish: :love:

Quick qs about the "sandbox" element in your game,

Will there be random/hidden events that occur as you navigate to certain areas in Hogwarts at certain intervals of the day? I.e., like an event where Hermione gets harassed by some Slytherin character in Snape's potions lab and you as the MC can choose to intervene or not. Or perhaps you encounter Luna Lovegood being harassed by some patrons in Hogsmeade and can choose to do something about it or not. Those types of spontaneous events in-game as you go about navigating the world map via the sandbox system.

Feb 26, 2024
I see a lot of good promise in this game. Amazing content described thus far. Loving sexy Hermione's art :love: Can't wait to have her on the corruption path :devilish: Maybe whore her out to one of the Slytherins, Crabbe perhaps? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 3401462

View attachment 3401460

Also, I love what you have planned with Ginny. The Quidditch pre-art/rough sketches look amazing. The way that her thicc and meaty thighs are balanced so perfectly on the broom really shows off her curves and toned ass physique. Can't wait to see it in its full-colour glory :devilish: :love:

Quick qs about the "sandbox" element in your game,

Will there be random/hidden events that occur as you navigate to certain areas in Hogwarts at certain intervals of the day? I.e., like an event where Hermione gets harassed by some Slytherin character in Snape's potions lab and you as the MC can choose to intervene or not. Or perhaps you encounter Luna Lovegood being harassed by some patrons in Hogsmeade and can choose to do something about it or not. Those types of spontaneous events in-game as you go about navigating the world map via the sandbox system.
Thank you! You can find most of the already existing scenes when you look for "Six Serpents". I work together with the original artist to create new scenes, and every female character will have a corruption path. It's an interesting idea to implement corruption events while taking a class, I will think about adding it!

But for now, I will focus mainly on coding the game mechanics and making a short and strong prologue. Thank you for bookmarking and following this thread, I appreciate it!

Feb 26, 2024
Time for an update! I am coding the game mechanics right now, and some of them are done for the prologue. I see these as a prototype, and will refactor them as the game gets more complete over time. These are the things that currently work:

You can set your character's first and last name. Why both? Well, your friends will call you by your first name, but professors might call you by your last name. If no name is chosen, your character will be named "Rubeus Hagrid Jr.", Hagrid's long lost child.

1710422603217.png

1710424505222.png

I named my character to Harry's unknown twin brother.

1710423006125.png

There's a lot to see in the image above, but it's simple: this is what you see when you're somewhere.

The places you can visit there are:
  • Living Room
  • Guest Room 1
  • Guest Room 2
  • Ginny's Room
And the action buttons:
  • Travel -> Go to different locations
  • Quest Log -> Shows what you must do in order to finish the quests
  • Inventory -> Displays all items you have
  • Stats -> Will show the stats per character (not sure if I will keep this screen)
I hear you thinking:

"Looks fucking terrible, man."

You're right! But don't forget that this is still an alpha stage, where I'm testing and implementing things. I promise that the screens will look a lot nicer after some time.

Another question you might have is:

"Okay, cool. But what do I do?"

To answer your question:

I implemented a simple quest log, where you can see what you can do, and where.

1710423244580.png
But what does it look like after you're done with a few of the tasks?

To see what happens, let's talk to Fleur!

1710423356032.png

Some fun happens, and when we click on "Quest Log" when we're done, we see the following:

1710423401917.png
Three more tasks to do until we're done with the active quest!

And now an update regarding the most important part of the game...

The artist is working on scene #3 for Ginny!

1710423554503.png
Already looks decent, doesn't it? It's far from done, but it looks as if Ginny's having a lot of fun!

Reactions: TheExordick