Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Void. Spiral.
Spiral. Vortex.
Vortex. Vortex Club.
Vortex Club. Life is Strange.

Dammit is this a LiS game.
Damn, you figured it out!

Also, I came up with a roadmap for how I see the rest of the year going for this game's development:

You can just buy the energy booster for 80g, and have 5 actions the next turn. Hunting gives like 40g average.
It's really easy to keep the kingdom's influence at 0-2 and dude's interest and girl's trust at 10. Then you just grind grind grind. Get an energy booster and 1-2 smut books every turn. (Books increase lewdness of aurora by 6) So you can keep your stuff optimal, while also increasing horniness by 6-12 every turn.
I didn't even know the kingdom sends you to jail, just because I never went above 5 influence.

It's definitely a grindfest (Which is why I put it in the genres), but it's not hard.
I definitely designed this first prototype level as a... "grindfest", but I hoped not in a bad way. Thanks to Oiz for the in-depth gameplay tips. It's inspired by what usually makes grindy games more fun for me. As a player I want to be given options that help me be more efficient and get it done faster so that it's less about tedious "do this over and over" actions and more like a "puzzle" of sorts to find the fast and efficient way to achieve an objective. Either way, thanks for the feedback so far.

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I definitely designed this first prototype level as a... "grindfest", but I hoped not in a bad way. Thanks to Oiz for the in-depth gameplay tips. It's inspired by what usually makes grindy games more fun for me. As a player I want to be given options that help me be more efficient and get it done faster so that it's less about tedious "do this over and over" actions and more like a "puzzle" of sorts to find the fast and efficient way to achieve an objective. Either way, thanks for the feedback so far.
I kinda agree, that being able to reduce the grinding is definitely by using your brain is a good thing, but the game has the one flaw which I see in most grindy games, which is a lack of payoff.
The intervals of actually getting rewarded for grinding are too long in my opinion. If you have to grind for 10-20 minutes to get a new scene, chances are your boner will be gone by then.

One way to fix this is to insert random events in certain everyday-actions. For example in the beginning talking to aurora might trigger a scene randomly where you can spy on her getting changed.
Reducing the Kingdoms influence may trigger a scene of a girl in the stocks, or some tightly clad hookers (just need a standing picture and there you go. More content inbetween the grind) to spread false rumors about the kingdom.
Going hunting you may encounter a couple having some fun in the forest, or maybe even a collecting berries. Stuff like that makes a grindfest way more enjoyable imho.

Don't just make us watch one scene 10 times, until we get to the next one. Give us at least some variety in the scenes we have to repeat to get further.

Reactions: AgileElephant

AgileElephant

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
I kinda agree, that being able to reduce the grinding is definitely by using your brain is a good thing, but the game has the one flaw which I see in most grindy games, which is a lack of payoff.
The intervals of actually getting rewarded for grinding are too long in my opinion. If you have to grind for 10-20 minutes to get a new scene, chances are your boner will be gone by then.

One way to fix this is to insert random events in certain everyday-actions. For example in the beginning talking to aurora might trigger a scene randomly where you can spy on her getting changed.
Reducing the Kingdoms influence may trigger a scene of a girl in the stocks, or some tightly clad hookers (just need a standing picture and there you go. More content inbetween the grind) to spread false rumors about the kingdom.
Going hunting you may encounter a couple having some fun in the forest, or maybe even a collecting berries. Stuff like that makes a grindfest way more enjoyable imho.

Don't just make us watch one scene 10 times, until we get to the next one. Give us at least some variety in the scenes we have to repeat to get further.
Yeah, I agree with all of this. Every bit of it.

If I keep this sort of set-up with this level, I'll definitely look into the every-day actions. I've got a project scope rule where we're trying to make each episode have about five images, with whatever variants. So maybe I should aim to make the levels quicker, reduce the amount of time you're spending not making progress, and I should come up with a new rule for myself to not show the same picture over and over from now on, only once(unless it was something like seeing a girl in the stocks, it's okay to see a random event again)

I know there's no part of the board game gameplay in this demo, but I can already see a problem with my initial idea of having some levels have no boards and some having them. I'm actually working on a prototype alternate level to see if having a board will make this level more fun and give you a better objective to work towards and at a better pace than this.

Oh, and I'm still not sure whether the player character should have the role they have now. I'm starting to plan episodes to not include "you", but maybe the host girl as the main character recruiting girls. For this episode I'm thinking of changing it so the "Club Host" girl is helping Aurora sleep with Philip, but brings "you" along for "sex practice", so basically just a win-win for you. That way it's not a story of "I'm going to help this girl sleep with someone else, then MAYBE get a piece of the action", I'm not happy with the direction I went when trying to keep "you" involved. Because I cared more about Philip and Aurora and keeping that relationship. Instead, in the future, girls will have a personal relationship with you at the club and their character level milestones will give you the ability to meet them in their room for private, POV sex.

I'm glad I made this level public now, cause it definitely needs some changes. No one should be frustrated while playing. Expect it to be pretty different next update.

Reactions: Gabaw and Oiz

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, I agree with all of this. Every bit of it.

If I keep this sort of set-up with this level, I'll definitely look into the every-day actions. I've got a project scope rule where we're trying to make each episode have about five images, with whatever variants. So maybe I should aim to make the levels quicker, reduce the amount of time you're spending not making progress, and I should come up with a new rule for myself to not show the same picture over and over from now on, only once(unless it was something like seeing a girl in the stocks, it's okay to see a random event again)

I know there's no part of the board game gameplay in this demo, but I can already see a problem with my initial idea of having some levels have no boards and some having them. I'm actually working on a prototype alternate level to see if having a board will make this level more fun and give you a better objective to work towards and at a better pace than this.
Not much I can say to this yet, except that I'm looking forward to everything mentioned here

Oh, and I'm still not sure whether the player character should have the role they have now. I'm starting to plan episodes to not include "you", but maybe the host girl as the main character recruiting girls. For this episode I'm thinking of changing it so the "Club Host" girl is helping Aurora sleep with Philip, but brings "you" along for "sex practice", so basically just a win-win for you. That way it's not a story of "I'm going to help this girl sleep with someone else, then MAYBE get a piece of the action", I'm not happy with the direction I went when trying to keep "you" involved. Because I cared more about Philip and Aurora and keeping that relationship. Instead, in the future, girls will have a personal relationship with you at the club and their character level milestones will give you the ability to meet them in their room for private, POV sex.

I'm glad I made this level public now, cause it definitely needs some changes. No one should be frustrated while playing. Expect it to be pretty different next update.
Just a little idea, whether you wanna use it or not is of course up to you.
If you play the host girl anyways, then I see no need for the 'disembodied' player-character.
Instead of bringing a faceless avatar for the player along, why not just have her make a deal with Philip for example and use him for the sex practice. I mean it's a pretty magic-filled world, so maybe she could use some mojo to change his appearance.

I mean if you care more about the actual couple in the story, that's fine and I see no need to strip away from this focus in that way, since you seem to want to tell their story more than the protagonists anyway. And this would be a way to actually give them some more focus.

But like I said, it's ultimately your decision and I honestly have no clue if my idea would actually be good. Just giving you something to consider when trying to get past an obstacle you seem to be having a bit of trouble with. :pokerFace:

Reactions: Gabaw

anschwww

May 10, 2017

Demo incoming! The theme of this update is club activities and board game gameplay.
Changes:
  • New Episode 1 Level Design
  • Striptease Activity
  • Blowjob Activity
  • Lara Croft and Yennefer Added
Google Drive Download Link:

AgileElephant

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
So now you play as a girl? You threw me with that one.
Yeah, we're in the early stages so we're still figuring things out.

There will even be another male character introduced in the future so you "play as both" essentially, whatever works better. But these characters are more for the club than the episodes. This was so the episode can have someone like Aurora focusing on characters from their setting, meanwhile the club host can still show up for story reasons and recruit the girl. Your character(s) having sex with the girls will happen in the future, in the club I think.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
First time I've ever seen a Dev proudly promote there game as a grind fest...

IMO grind is just filler for a lack of ideas/poor game design. Going to work is a grind why would I want that in a fap game?

Just played it a bit, and I like the premise and images (all though its all a bit low res) I don't really like what I see in terms of game play.

The dice rolling part is very RNG, I don't see the point of it and the bar service memory game doesn't flow very well, for this i'd use less text between each order, less colours and have the selection of drinks laid out more neatly.

Also the game goes to a screen with no options if 'Manager -> events' is selected and I have to force exit and reload.

Reactions: qwerty76423578

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Here is a save on the first screen with loads of cash, energy, cake mix, books and max trust levels. I.e no grind ;)

To use it start a game and create a save in the number 7 slot.
Exit to the title screen
In windows take this file and save it over the number 7 save in .... The Void Club 0.3\The Void\www\save
On the title screen click continue and select save number 7

Reactions: fauxplayer