RPGM Abandoned The Void Club [v0.3] [AgileElephant]

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
CottageExteriorBackground.png
Overview:
An evolving game that can always be updated with characters from popular series and have episodic releases of new sexy content. As more is added to the game, you'll have more to do and more progression. Each activity will be replayable and can be played with any character and select costumes for each. Then, there's the episodes. Different series will follow different characters and have a few sex scenes each, and each one is a self-contained level.

"The Void Club" is a mix of visual novel and board game gameplay. Each level will have its own rules and gameplay. Some might have boards, some won't, like the first level here in our demo. This demo consists of one level with the majority of art already in it. This is less of a focus on text, more on images and gameplay. The writing is quick to make replaying levels faster(potentially).​

Updated: 28 Jul 2018
Developer:
Censorship: No
Version: v0.3
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download: - - - -
Thanks @anschwww
CottageExteriorBackground.png 1.png 2.png 5.PNG 4.PNG 6.PNG 3.PNG

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I like the dev name.

As for the game, I think I'll wait a bit before trying anything that actually feels obligated to use "grindfest" as a tag. Heh.

Askia

Mar 2, 2018
I will watch the thread, just because I am interested, not in the demo though, but in what will come out in the future. :FeelsGoodMan:

goatwhisperer3

Jul 22, 2017
art looks good but the faces are way too similar.
especially the lara-yen comparison.
game needs more than one face and maybe at least yen some sort of cheekbones.

not sold yet but i took the time to check it and write a comment so.... gonna check it out later again ( ' - ')

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
rpgm.... mmmh

dev alrady announce working on two project at same time.. mmmh

grind as fuck... mmmh

nope.. nope,nope,nope.. not for me

i give 1 point for the art, look good

point taken back for lack of originality, sorry

Oiz

Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
rpgm.... mmmh

grind as fuck... mmmh

nope.. nope,nope,nope.. not for me

i give 1 point for the art, look good

Doesn't play like a rpgm game at all.
It's more like one of those ren'py click on the map and grind the shit out of the game kinda games.
art looks good but the faces are way too similar.
especially the lara-yen comparison.
game needs more than one face and maybe at least yen some sort of cheekbones.

not sold yet but i took the time to check it and write a comment so.... gonna check it out later again ( ' - ')
Yeah at first I thought it was the same character with two different outfits

AgileElephant

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Thanks for the positive comments so far!

Yennefer and Lara are going to be added with the first club activities in our next update! We already have busts, so I figured I show them off. Still waiting on art though, which the artist can't go full-time on till the start of June. Sorry about that.

I'll make sure the artist gets your feedback on the art! So the main issue is faces, from what I gather. Good to know.

Just some details I have not mentioned before I think. RPGM is the engine I most know how to use, so it keeps it low risk. It's definitely more like a renpy and I hate using RPGM if it feels at all generic RPGM type gameplay so I avoid it. however our next content update focuses on replayable little board game esque things, two to start with and having tiles and movement in RPGM really makes this easier for me. So that's why I stuck with RPGM, mainly for the board-related stuff and my self-confidence in the engine.

I'm cleaning up the patreon now with changes to my intentions.

rpgm.... mmmh

grind as fuck... mmmh

I understand what you mean. This is one of those things I need to clean up, I don't think I'll even be thinking of a second project right now so scratching that off the patreon now! As for originality, that is part of the challenge I hope to overcome over the course of development, adding content and responding to feedback with changes. Definitely trying to be different from other games! As for using popular characters, I want to get it out of my system before focusing on original characters :D.

The grind is real, any feedback on the first level's level of grinding would be greatly appreciated! Every level is going to be different anyway, with different goals so some might be more grindy than others or not be about stats at all, but I can always fix levels up! So for details, for anyone who has played: Are the item shop and collecting gold not useful enough for you when increasing Aurora's horniness? What is fun and not fun? What's lacking? What sucks?

Yeah, I don't like this game being labeled "grindfest", so I'll definitely try to work away from that with updates and future level designs.

I will watch the thread, just because I am interested, not in the demo though, but in what will come out in the future. :FeelsGoodMan:
Hey, that's all I ask. I don't blame you for waiting! This is how I would approach a new game too. I actually almost wanted to wait many more months before releasing a demo but testing to see what sucks and doesn't suck is too important to delay I think.

A character request thing could be cool, though it could be hit or miss.
I'm definitely planning this for patreon polls if this is successful enough, we plan on adding plenty of characters and will ask who is preferred to be next. I'll probably just create a list and have people vote which they prefer first.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Let me get this straight, you only have 2 actions per turn, which means that you can only earn 2 trust points with Aurora per turn, yet at the end of almost every turn, the kingdom decreases 2 points of trust Aurora had for you, and gains 2 points of influence. So, even if you concentrated on gaining her trust, you would be getting the short end of the stick. Not only could the kingdom potentially screw you over in 5 turns, because it only needs 10 influence points to send you to jail, but it would also render your playthrough useless by depleting Philip’s interest in Aurora, and her trust toward you, taking all of your slowly gathered money, and removing 1 of your action points during the next turn)

Let's ignore the fact that you are asking us to make other men take interest in the women you'd like to fuck, which would be the most beta thing to do, but this game penalizes you just for playing it, because if you gather money or do anything other than talk to Aurora, you get one step closer to depleting your trust/interest with any of the 2 characters you are supposed to talk to. Having in mind that you lose trust faster than you gain it, and that after each jail time, the kingdom's influence goes back to 5/10 instead of 0/10, or 1/10, how are you supposed to enjoy about the game at all?

I'm not trying to bash this game, I just find frustrating that its gameplay is so unbalanced.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea. Keeping an eye on it and will try once it moves out of demo state.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
THis game sucks, the art is great! But for game play there's nothing! Because of the art I'd give it a 5 out of 10.

However I will keep an eye out to see how this progresses!:extremelyhappy:

Oiz

Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Let me get this straight, you only have 2 actions per turn, which means that you can only earn 2 trust points with Aurora per turn, yet at the end of almost every turn, the kingdom decreases 2 points of trust Aurora had for you, and gains 2 points of influence. So, even if you concentrated on gaining her trust, you would be getting the short end of the stick. Not only could the kingdom potentially screw you over in 5 turns, because it only needs 10 influence points to send you to jail, but it would also render your playthrough useless by depleting Philip’s interest in Aurora, and her trust toward you, taking all of your slowly gathered money, and removing 1 of your action points during the next turn)

Let's ignore the fact that you are asking us to make other men take interest in the women you'd like to fuck, which would be the most beta thing to do, but this game penalizes you just for playing it, because if you gather money or do anything other than talk to Aurora, you get one step closer to depleting your trust/interest with any of the 2 characters you are supposed to talk to. Having in mind that you lose trust faster than you gain it, and that after each jail time, the kingdom's influence goes back to 5/10 instead of 0/10, or 1/10, how are you supposed to enjoy about the game at all?

I'm not trying to bash this game, I just find frustrating that its gameplay is so unbalanced.
You can just buy the energy booster for 80g, and have 5 actions the next turn. Hunting gives like 40g average.
It's really easy to keep the kingdom's influence at 0-2 and dude's interest and girl's trust at 10. Then you just grind grind grind. Get an energy booster and 1-2 smut books every turn. (Books increase lewdness of aurora by 6) So you can keep your stuff optimal, while also increasing horniness by 6-12 every turn.
I didn't even know the kingdom sends you to jail, just because I never went above 5 influence.

It's definitely a grindfest (Which is why I put it in the genres), but it's not hard.