Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
So, what you're saying is that the only way to guarantee that the player doesn't encounter any bugs is if he doesn't really play the game, but instead follow a walkthrough? And wanting to complete the game without said walkthrough isn't something someone with common sense would ever consider?
it is an unfinished, still in development game from an indie developer. If you wanna learn which action does what or what flag unlocks what scene you should use the walkthrough. Current state of the game is half-sandboxish at best. And since content in this game is created and added bit by bit you gonna have to endure following certain paths and lacking freedom of open world games.

I mean if you are patient enough you can come back in a year or two and see how it goes. Dont expect much logic behind gameplay either. I mean most of the stuff you do in game is to keep you busy. Effort and reward kind of relationship which btw tries to extend your play time so when you fully complete it you will have something to look forward to(other than stroking your dick ofc.)

Btw; this is my take on how KsT rolls.

edit: also this is a sex game dude. Not some mystery plot or adventure game like Baldur's Gate. To be honest main plot has been put on hold for a long time and it is quite cliche. walkthrough is merely there to show you how to reach which scene. And it is getting messier by each update cause there are too many variables tangled up.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
It's one thing to use the help when you need it, but it's a totally different story if you claim that the only reasonable way to play it without being expected to accept bugs, is to follow the walkthrough step by step.
Never said it was... Even though due to the state of being still under development, it is factual to say such.

Reactions: Dr. Jones

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
edit: also this is a sex game dude. Not some mystery plot or adventure game like Baldur's Gate. To be honest main plot has been put on hold for a long time and it is quite cliche. walkthrough is merely there to show you how to reach which scene. And it is getting messier by each update cause there are too many variables tangled up.
Great, then we all agree that it is a bit buggy no matter if you cheat or not, but that's usually OK since there is a walkthrough to follow. However, being a Q&A engineer, I feel the priorities aren't the best if he keeps allowing his code to deterirate for each release. Many of the minor bugs are most likely relatively easy to fix early on, but once the pile up it can be a nightmare to fix. Simple checks if variable A is set to a value that doesn't block Path B doesn't take many minutes to implement.

I fully understand that single devs need to focus on what brings the most value, and this is still at best a beta and work-in-progress. My experience though, is that it gets more and mor difficult to fix these things the longer you wait. Plus it's usually incredibly boring to only do bug fixing for a longer period of time-

1player

Feb 18, 2018
OpenGL? dude how old your PC is? Care to share full specs of your PC please?
Sorry if i was unclear. dspeed suggested this:

"If that doesn't work, right click on the The Twist executable and then Send To -> Desktop to create a shortcut.
Right click on the shortcut and go to Properties.
In the Target field add the phrase
-force-opengl
to the end of the line."

And when starting the game it gave me the opengl error.

I have attached my system info.
You have to download it and rename the "System information.txt" to "System information.nfo" (i could not attach an .nfo file)
open by right clicking the file and chooce "open with -> system information"
If you go to "components -> Display" You can see the graphics card configuration.

Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
Great, then we all agree that it is a bit buggy no matter if you cheat or not, but that's usually OK since there is a walkthrough to follow. However, being a Q&A engineer, I feel the priorities aren't the best if he keeps allowing his code to deterirate for each release. Many of the minor bugs are most likely relatively easy to fix early on, but once the pile up it can be a nightmare to fix. Simple checks if variable A is set to a value that doesn't block Path B doesn't take many minutes to implement.

I fully understand that single devs need to focus on what brings the most value, and this is still at best a beta and work-in-progress. My experience though, is that it gets more and mor difficult to fix these things the longer you wait. Plus it's usually incredibly boring to only do bug fixing for a longer period of time-
Problem is not buggy game play minor or major mate. Problem resides from lenght of the current version of this game. Given most of us here have been playing this over a year, you can guess people are getting fed up with doing same rutines from start to avoid bug that may come with older saves or cheats. This sole mind set creates more buggy gameplay posts right now. I dont mind testing each final build from start but many people do.

I mean sure if there are god tier patrons in patreon they can push on for extra coding and scripts to solve older save game/cheat conflicts but i think it will be really messy to work on since action A require action B and action B requires Action Q which requires action Z. That's how game is tangled up. For example you need to constantly fuck around teacher to unlock billy path fully. Cause you cant access billy's mom without giving her the damn flash light and you cant get to fuck her and get caught by billy and shit goes on like this.

Basic game mechanics are huge cock block. I wish KsT just changed the intro(by introducing Jason to key main women and giving that +5 at start) then you can go around those circled forked roads by yourself just fine lol.

Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
Sorry if i was unclear. dspeed suggested this:

"If that doesn't work, right click on the The Twist executable and then Send To -> Desktop to create a shortcut.
Right click on the shortcut and go to Properties.
In the Target field add the phrase
-force-opengl
to the end of the line."

And when starting the game it gave me the opengl error.

I have attached my system info.
You have to download it and rename the "System information.txt" to "System information.nfo" (i could not attach an .nfo file)
open by right clicking the file and chooce "open with -> system information"
If you go to "components -> Display" You can see the graphics card configuration.

this may help. Plus if i read it right you are on laptop?

Reactions: 1player

Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
is 2 GB VRAM enough?
That depends on the graphics card. Unity engine games are RAM hungry games in general. So you can do basic calculations like 1/2 VRAM 1/2 RAM. Whatever minimum req are make sure you have 2x amount of that to evade technical problems.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

1player

Feb 18, 2018

this may help. Plus if i read it right you are on laptop?
Well after reading the post i understand that the graphics card in my laptop is not the best to play games with.
I still think it is a bit strange that up until about 6 months ago i could play every game, Then i started having problems with not seeing animations in the game "Man of the House" and a few month later i can't play this game anymore.
Kind of a bummer that i can't fix this but thanks very much for trying to help!

Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
Well after reading the post i understand that the graphics card in my laptop is not the best to play games with.
I still think it is a bit strange that up until about 6 months ago i could play every game, Then i started having problems with not seeing animations in the game "Man of the House" and a few month later i can't play this game anymore.
Kind of a bummer that i can't fix this but thanks very much for trying to help!
Noproblem mate. From what i understand it sounds like you are expriecing heat sink/damaged component issue(by taking your word about it cause you said you didnt have problems 6 months ago). Have you suffered any heat issues? Try testing it. High heat issues can damage chips on mother board and graphics card(i know cause i had a killer laptop back in the day lost it to this issue myself). In any case i would stay clear of laptops when it comes to gaming. Just take my word man you will save lots of money.

Reactions: 1player
3.40 star(s) 155 Votes