The Twist [Game] Issue

Obey321go

Sep 27, 2017
This game is making my PC restart in a weird way
It all happens when i switch from one place to another place :/ [example school to home]
it goes black as normal but then my pc just turns off and restarts :(
and Guys i have played games like Battlefield 1, Witcher 3, outlast 2, resident evil 7 and currently playing mirrors edge catalyst but no problem there :/
Its no PSU problem ^ these games reaches to high temperature but what's the issue with
"THE TWIST" lmao ?

Reactions: WanderingJoe

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
System specs?

Also, make sure Windows and your video drivers are up to date.

Obey321go

Sep 27, 2017
i3-2100, HD 7870 2GB and 8GB DDR3 Ram.....its not so awesome but still i able to run most of the high end games :/
The thing is few days before it was running fine, i was able to reach Day 45 or something (NO SKIP) but don't know what's happening now lol
I have the previous version of driver installed :/ radeon crimson relive 17.7.2 (july 27)
Downloading the latest 17.7.3 version but something tells me its not the drivers So...weird

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Twist is a bit of a memory hog/has memory leaks. I suggest you close everything and reboot your pc before playing anything with Unity. Also, save often and restart game occasionally to reset/free up your RAM.

And I don't believe previous version saves are compatible with newer versions (but don't quote me).

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...]It all happens when i switch from one place to another place :/ [example school to home]
it goes black as normal but then my pc just turns off and restarts :(
[...]Its no PSU problem ^ these games reaches to high temperature [...]
Not a PSU high temperature, you say, but what about the CPU temperature ? This kind of "suddenly restart" behavior happen to me only one time in the past, with a totally different game. It was a time of really high temperatures (around 40°C every days) with a PC full of dust, and it happened because the motherboard just done some kind of security shut down because of a really too high CPU temperature. Now I always have an external fan dedicated to my computer when the days start to be too sunny.
Unity games like The Twist aren't optimized AAA games, they rely on the CPU way more than the GPU and they can make my 4 cores processor goes near the 100%. So, your i3-2100 must probably goes crazy, especially at load times.
Firstly, change the place of your computer, for to give it more space to "breathe". By example, if it's too near to a wall, the heat will tend to stay and slowly increase the internal temperature. You can also add an external fan for to help the heat goes away. Try to let the computer temperature cool down. Before to play, by stopping any other task/program and doing nothing at all during more or less 5 minutes. And will playing, wait a little after any load. You can take a look at the task manager for to monitor the CPU usage and see when you need to take a little break, and/or find a small utility that monitor the CPU temperature.
You can also wait the middle of winter, when it's 0°C outside it will heat less :eek:penedeyewink:

If it's not enough, with a lot of real cautions, open your PC, remove the fans, clean them, then place them again. Same with the CPU ventirad/fan, and it should do it. Always blow the dust, nothing else. You can brush it away with a paintbrush but warning, only 100% natural ones and gentle small moves, unless you want to burn the motherboard because of static electricity.
It's never a bad idea to do this anyway and if it was me, it would be the first thing to do, but it have real serious risks of definitively break the motherboard if you don't know for sure what you do and how to do it right ; so I put it as last option because of this.

Davidson54

Sep 9, 2017
Comprei um Computador de 3500 só pra rodar esse puta jogo, meu notebook não aguentou kkkkkk
i5 8400 + Asus z370 - plus gaming + watercooler 240... e sem placa de video por enquanto, vamos ver noque vai dar :tf:

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Comprei um Computador de 3500 só pra rodar esse puta jogo, meu notebook não aguentou kkkkkk
i5 8400 + Asus z370 - plus gaming + watercooler 240... e sem placa de video por enquanto, vamos ver noque vai dar :tf:
English please, F95 is an english speaking Community.

Davidson54

Sep 9, 2017
English please, F95 is an english speaking Community.
I bought a computer of 3500 just to run this fucking game, my notebook could not stand kkkkkk
i5 8400 + Asus z370 - plus gaming + watercooler 240 ... and no video card for now, let's see what's going to happen

Secret09

Oct 20, 2017
can anyone tell me how to manually save in this game? and why is it that when I make a new game it somehow already unlocks the scene on Julia at the pool, whereas before when I first played it, it was unlock after the 1st massage of Mom on pool?

M

Mythilogic

can anyone tell me how to manually save in this game? and why is it that when I make a new game it somehow already unlocks the scene on Julia at the pool, whereas before when I first played it, it was unlock after the 1st massage of Mom on pool?
press esc and press save

easy peasy

M

Mythilogic

Thanks but when I press ESC nothing changes or nothing pops onscreen that enables me to save, do I need any system reqs for this game?
My bad just press the Power off icon in the corner and theres a save option there

Izzie

Aug 22, 2018
Most problems I had with The Twist026Final were solved by deleting the game files, using reg edit to delete KsT Games data in the Windows registry, and deleting KsTgames data in my users AppData folder. Re-Installed the game and it works perfectly now. Do NOT attempt doing this if you are NOT an advanced Windows User or you may cause irreparable damage to your Windows Operating System. This does NOT cure the amount of "blackscreen" you have when the game transits screens. I believe that the Unity player is the culprit for this and I have not found a way to avoid "blackscreen" other than click and wait.

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
Have troubles with the game.

1) Computer in Jason's room is clickable but nothing happens (and the only way to get out is through city map)
Update on it: I finally found the way to launch "computer" - I need to save/quit, then load, then skip 1 hour. Then computer is accessible.

2) There is an area on the beach - clicking on it brings black screen

Last edited:

thesnaken

Oct 29, 2018
Hello un bug issue?

I have downloaded the latest version 031 final of The twist.
I have a problem: when I propose to Janice to go jogging, the game bug and I can do nothing but close.
Did you have this problem? What possible solution?

MrFrenchy16

Oct 5, 2017
Tried replaying this game for the fun of it and now my "load/save" screen is not there (i did deleted one of my saves from #applocal) could that be the problem? maybe i can't just delete it but add an "empty" one? (keep the total of save slots?)

rtmoose

Jan 8, 2019
Lost my hd at 26, i really dont want to start over, Does anyone have a save so I can start again from 26??