VN Ren'Py The Silver Lining [v0.8] [Namuswill]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Holy Dao, what an ugly art. It's so bad that I couldn't help but write about it.
Personally, I agree. I prefer Daz or Vam model myself. But others seem to like it a lot, so there we are.

I think the story concept is good, though. Very unique. I’ll give it a try.

• Haha
Reactions: Tysegg

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
It's more or less a text novelle (why are conversations in the car without people but you only see a window...what's that for?), and then it takes so long. But don't worry, the next one "should be beefy".

kpopstoger

Dec 24, 2019
Announcing a potential future event should have no impact if that event will happen or not.

If I post on here. "Later I am going to go to the gas station to put some gas in my car for the week, and grab a gallon of milk." Well, I probably wouldn't post that on here because you are all online and who cares what some random asshole online does? Yet, I could announce this to say my wife, say in the form of a text or a note, so that she knows I'm getting milk tonight.

That doesn't change what I'm going to do when it comes to me completing the task of putting gas in my car and picking up some milk for cereal.

If the only reason I was going to go get that milk and gas was my announcement to do so then that is the wrong way to go about doing things.

If tomorrow morning comes along and the wife looks in the fridge after I texted her today, "I'm getting milk." Then she finds no milk, she will be upset. More so than if there was no milk, and no message.

It would have made more sense to announce getting the milk afterwards. "Hey, I got milk." It's already done.

Now I could have asked before hand, "Do we need anything other than milk?" And that would serve the purpose of getting more than just the milk, perhaps we needed a loaf of bread as well.

However, I shouldn't tell her that I'm getting the milk & bread before I got the milk & bread or at least I'm on my way to the gas station to get them and it's all for sure I'm going to get them unless something completely catastrophic happens like a car accident for example.

It is far better to under promise and over deliver than to over promise and under deliver.
I agree that "under promising and over delivering" is generally better. That is why restaurants often tell you the wait for a table is 20 minutes when they know it will probably be only 10. But your example is no promise at all. You say nothing to your wife and announce only after you have delivered. That is like devs saying nothing at all and just posting an update when it is done. As for internal and external motivations, many people need external motivations. Most users of any product or service demand schedules from the suppliers. The demands for "promises" by users on this site are tremendous. Finally, life gets in the way of many plans. I think that the better approach is to set reasonable schedules, be transparent with your potential customers, and ignore a lot of the blather.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
with such material, updates should be more frequent. in this update we saw nothing. large part of update is not challenging: 4 identical backgrounds (kitchen, room, office, car) and copy-paste of charachters with identical clothes, body postures and face expressions throughout whole game. heck, large part of game is car window, no charachters just dialogue with invisible MC from her POV, which is, i'm guessing, watching through car window and seeing nothing.
writing is intriguing, film noir style amazing, but is this all that you wrote in 3 months for new update? kids in elementary schools have bigger homeworks weekly.
come on, give us some reason to support you, because this is too litlle for anyone reasonable to support you on monthly subscription base.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Love it, great suggestions :)
Hi Dev, it was your last post here. What about the suggestions? Are you in the process of implementing one or the other?

If you don't answer/write anything more here, you must be ghosting us ;)
Because I'm sure you still check in here regularly.

F_myname

Jul 29, 2018
I'm digging the story and the setting a lot, really hope this game gets finished (hope it won't take years but thats kinda how the trend is going). Also hope the MC get to make her way up to become the mob Boss.

spikesagitta

Oct 18, 2020
I'm digging the story and the setting a lot, really hope this game gets finished (hope it won't take years but thats kinda how the trend is going). Also hope the MC get to make her way up to become the mob Boss.
that would be cool. or the wife of a mob boss

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes