VN Others Completed The Senator's Daughter [v1.3.2] [KexBoy]

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
So little content
How is he to nickle and dime everyone if he takes his time before monetizing his game to make a proper introduction? Now he can make you pay for the set up of the game!

Personally I never support publishers that come off this greedy. I haven't bought an EA game since ME3! If these publishers want my hard earned money they need to show people some respect.

Reactions: gue5t and papasmurf
Jan 3, 2018
I paid the $3 to get past the paywall to see what was on the other side (c'mon, it's 3 dollars) and uhh... afaict the paywall is a hardlock when the content runs out.

The fact there's a patreon paywall on the patreon version of the game will probably see me drop my sub.

Hilariously, it's the paywall for Magic Slavery.

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
looks very promising with good art and a potentially interesting story but very little there right now. best to wait a few months

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
When I'm invited to the house of the senator I can't continue it ask to be a patreon. Damn I hate pay wall.

Rolling Joints

Jul 29, 2017
How is he to nickle and dime everyone if he takes his time before monetizing his game to make a proper introduction? Now he can make you pay for the set up of the game!

Personally I never support publishers that come off this greedy. I haven't bought an EA game since ME3! If these publishers want my hard earned money they need to show people some respect.
Completely agree, I understand the concept of the developer asking money for a game because the developer has worked hard (or perceived to be working hard) and because of the hard work they deserve it, but, To pay wall the shit out of it in both the Patreon version and the free version is just greedy shit, I love the concept for this game but I don't know how to feel about it now, I feel I need to sit back and watch to see if the developer keeps up with the scummy tactics which would mean I will not support or defend them, of course if I am misunderstanding the scummyness of this entire thing, the Dev (or anyone really) can feel free to correct me.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
But Roman soldiers always were free men.
There were instances of auxilia units being formed from slaves, convicts etc. in times of dire manpower shortages (Augustus raised a good ~50 regiments this way during the Illyrian revolt of 6-9 AD) so it's actually not an impossible scenario for the MC to have started out that way, made centurion through merit and eventually muster out as a free man (this being an obvious carrot to motivate men in such units).

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
There were instances of auxilia units being formed from slaves, convicts etc. in times of dire manpower shortages (Augustus raised a good ~50 regiments this way during the Illyrian revolt of 6-9 AD) so it's actually not an impossible scenario for the MC to have started out that way, made centurion through merit and eventually muster out as a free man (this being an obvious carrot to motivate men in such units).
Auxiliaries were free men, allies, or subjects of Empire, but not citizens. Also, they were not commanded by centurions.

Reactions: Amedore

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Auxiliaries were free men, allies, or subjects of Empire, but not citizens. Also, they were not commanded by centurions.
They were usually free non-citizens; . See the third paragraph, as well as the fourth - there was nothing stopping a citizen from enlisting in an auxilia unit if he wished to. And auxilia had the exact same command structure and as the citizen legions so, yeah - really the main difference between the two forces was social status and pay grade (plus the auxilia covering just about all roles that weren't straight heavy infantry) and even that eventually disappeared.

Reactions: czertik and Amedore

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
They were usually free non-citizens; . See the third paragraph, as well as the fourth - there was nothing stopping a citizen from enlisting in an auxilia unit if he wished to.
But Romans, didn't use slaves as soldiers. Just in case they did sometimes, it was rather exceptional measure. Either way, Wikipedia article doesn't mention... so what's exactly point? Besides, auxilia, were not just peregrini, but various allied corps...
And auxilia had the exact same command structure and as the citizen legions so, yeah -
Ok, they had centurions and decurions, but while cavalry decurions can be considered somewhat equivalent to modern officers, centurions are not officers in proper sense, they were, more equivalent to warrant officers, also, they were not slaves either...
Even if some centurion was slave, at same time of his life, he wasn't slave when he was commanding his company.
Same goes for slaves, bought and *emancipated* before conscription in ranks of auxiliaries. That was, I believe main complaint about story introduction, if MC was slave, he had to be emancipated before entering army... There were also citizens who were slaves... some emancipated slaves went to senatorial ranks...

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
But Romans, didn't use slaves as soldiers. Just in case they did sometimes, it was rather exceptional measure. Either way, Wikipedia article doesn't mention... so what's exactly point? Besides, auxilia, were not just peregrini, but various allied corps...

Ok, they had centurions and decurions, but while cavalry decurions can be considered somewhat equivalent to modern officers, centurions are not officers in proper sense, they were, more equivalent to warrant officers, also, they were not slaves either...
Even if some centurion was slave, at same time of his life, he wasn't slave when he was commanding his company.
Same goes for slaves, bought and *emancipated* before conscription in ranks of auxiliaries.
The point is they did, in emergencies, draft soldiers from distinctly unfree sources. That those were technically freed in the process is a somewhat academic distinction given the enlistement was compulsory and the tour of duty a decade or two (term of service for both legions and auxilia was standardised at 25 years by the mid 1st century AD); in some rather real senses they only actually became free men upon mustering out.

Not getting your quibble about the officer corps, premodern armies anywhere didn't exactly have formal officer schools anyway.

Kripke

Jan 10, 2018
Unfortunately, 'KexBoy' means stolen stories, boring gameplay and low quality.

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes