3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

RedKing

The Sea Claims All in the End
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 6, 2016
M6RqOwcDZafg63_BX1B47CwLJ8ObURn7lDQTFC3L8dakZ2SBqrkHxvkhjc3nxNrc.png

Overview:
The Proteus Effect is a lighthearted roleplaying adventure game where you take on the role of a down-on-his-luck guy who lands the job of his dreams as a playtester at a virtual-reality game company. Things don't turn out quite as he plans, however, and he soon finds himself both trapped in the virtual world and stuck in the body of a nubile young woman.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2023-12-30
Release Date: 2023-12-20
Developer: Proxxie - -
Censored: No
Version: 10.3
Language: English
Genre:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Linux: - - - -
Mac (Intel): - - - -
Mac (M1): - - - -

bamp65 thanks for the links

ugkvdrpptu3e.png txi1fuw5z2ti.png intro_emilyWalk.png intro PC OMG 3.png intro mast 1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DonutMan

Dec 3, 2016
Well, first off there are some tags missing from the description: Gender-bender and possibly Futunari or dickgirl (second character is kinda ambiguous at this point, could either be a full on dude or just have an added penis).

Writing isn't bad, pulls heavily from the litrpg genre, and while not exactly original it is entertaining and comical. Very little picture or sexual content at this point, but the art is a very cool mix of 3d art and anime drawing style.

Game has promise, but I feel like it could go down the monster rape route like many fantasy games in which you play as a female. In which case I'll probably lose interest.

Oh, and I killed 5 rats and a mini-boss and didn't even hit level 2? Seriously?

nigelation

Apr 28, 2017
Wait I'm slightly confused the guys talking portrait is close to a realistic face but the girl changing is highly cartoony proportions, so wich one is is cartoony or realistic

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Must say it's pretty impressive. His writing is excellent and CGs are above average. MC while being a girl looks so great I wish it was a normal, fantasy game with female heroine. Still, at this point intro is too slow (option to skip it would be nice as well as savepoint before 1 choice) and choices are meaningless. As there is only a few CGs at this point it can gain some audience after a couple of updates. With this graphical quality and original style that's not a copy paste as most games here it would be much easier to gain popularity if the story was simplier and not a mix of settings and gender-bender but I still like it. Will surely observe this one

Reactions: Drakorios and volto

Nutprime

Jun 3, 2017
I like it so far, the concept is good, the writing is well done. Looking forward to the next update.

AK47M

Jul 29, 2017
I literally played a gam eactly the same as his, except you were trapt in a medieval fantasy world.
I remember a game a while back just like this. The artwork in this game is a lot better, but it seems like the same story. Does anyone know if this is the same dev?

hmaxi

May 12, 2017
I remember a game a while back just like this. The artwork in this game is a lot better, but it seems like the same story. Does anyone know if this is the same dev?
Story sounds similar like in the game "Totally Immersed". But it's from another dev.

Reactions: 3dtab7

DaMew

Aug 17, 2017
xD i JUST deleted my post about not knowing what to do right when i did exactly what you said to do lolol. I got curious and went back. Thanks for the input :3

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Story sounds similar like in the game "Totally Immersed". But it's from another dev.
Totally Immersed, that was it I couldn't think of the same to save my life. Oh, I know that they are different devs its just how similar they are in concept and almost execution that caught my attention

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
I am really liking the writing in this, and the humor. Graphics in the game world are well done, and yes - it's using the same concept as " by JoeForest (who seems to be more involved in HTML games like S.L.U.T Academy these days) but that's cool. It's a good enough concept to support multiple forays. Hope this continues far...

PS - remember a HRPG from a while ago as well called that had you controlling a character in the game and making them do thing s they wouldn't normally be doing...kind of like the bedroom and pub scenes in this...

Last edited:

kororo runpa

Aug 12, 2017
why not? grats you caught my attention
MC that need to be saved, thats fresh
*hope he get trapped there forever *

p.s since MC got farm related skill when making wrong choice and ded as farm girl
does that mean its Game over that affect reality?

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes