[RPGM] The Proteus Effect [v0.6.1] [Proxxie]

Discussion in 'Games' started by RedKing, Oct 4, 2017.

[RPGM] The Proteus Effect [v0.6.1] [Proxxie] 4.8 5 6votes
4.8/5, 6 votes

1. Thread
  2. Reviews (6)
  1. RedKing

RedKing Elite Uploader Donor Former Staff

Aug 6, 2016
    M6RqOwcDZafg63_BX1B47CwLJ8ObURn7lDQTFC3L8dakZ2SBqrkHxvkhjc3nxNrc.png
    Overview:
    The Proteus Effect is a lighthearted roleplaying adventure game where you take on the role of a down-on-his-luck guy who lands the job of his dreams as a playtester at a virtual-reality game company. Things don't turn out quite as he plans, however, and he soon finds himself both trapped in the virtual world and stuck in the body of a nubile young woman.

Join the hero and his companions on their adventures through the fantasy-themed worlds as they try to figure out what's behind the game's strange malfunctions and ultimately find a way back home.

This is an adult game, of course, so it includes sexy content, and much more is on the way. So come on and play! You'll have a titillating time, you might enjoy the story, and there's an outside chance you might learn some things about yourself along the way!

Updated: 26-Aug-2018
    Developer/Publisher:

Please Log in / Register to view this link

Censorship: None
    Version: 0.6.1
    Language: English
    Genre:
    3DCG, Female Protagonist, Fantasy, Masturbation, Futa

Changelog:​
    v0.6.1
    • Resolved issue that could result in player being stuck shortly after meeting the Bunnies by the dungeon
    • Made Human Registration Card equippable (by Ana)
    • Resolved issue that could cause unexpected Game Over after miniboss
    • Party members should no longer leave unexpectedly in Jovi's imp quest area
    • Glowfrog and Jovi's imp quests should behave more sensibly
    • Hospital behaves as expected when re-entering after completing quest
    • (Maybe?) Resolved issue that could cause post-hospital event to behave unexpectedly
    • Fixed bugs in the party changing sequence outside of dungeon
    • Changed the way saves are handled on macOS
    v0.6
    • The very beginning of a new dungeon (more about that below)
    • 2 new multi-part H-scenes
    • Bunnies now have conversation portraits (including 0.5.x conversations)
    • Introduced the recollection room, which lets you see H-scenes you’ve previously unlocked
    • New enemy art and aesthetic (and some animated ones)
    • New healing minigame
    • New abilities for Alex and Ana
    • New combat classes and abilities
    • A hidden repeatable boss! (How many times can you beat him?)
    • Introduced a credits page
    • New buildings and areas
    • Lots more skits and dialogue
    v0.5.2
    Bug fixes.

v0.5.1
    This hotfix is intended to address a game-crashing bug that occurs during one of the optional quests.

v0.5
    2 new H-scenes, one of which has 2 distinct variations
    5 new quests
    New skits
    A (hopefully!) fun event at the end!
    A bunch of new characters
    Lots of new dialogue
    2 new areas and 2 new building interiors

Changelog 0.4:
    New city
    3 new quests (But it's really like a single long one)
    3 new H-scenes with 50+ renders
    Lots of new dialogue

You'll probably get around 0:45 - 1:15 additional playtime (counting H-scenes), depending on how you play. Most of the content this patch (aside from the H-scenes) is related to a single, rather long (but hopefully amusing) quest. This update introduces Ogremarsh, which will be the quest hub for the next several updates. A fair number of buildings are currently closed, but they will be opening in future updates (0.5 should open most of the currently closed ones). So don't worry, Ogremarsh will grow progressively more lively as the Zameroth quest line continues.

v.0.3.1 Changelog:
    Added feature: easy modes. Each dungeon (and also Celie's healing event) includes a torch near the entrance that can be used to toggle between easy and normal modes. In easy modes, generally speaking, you'll take less damage, stuff will move slower, and the things that are hard will be less hard. I doubt anyone will have a problem clearing easy mode content, but keep in mind there is a price! My plan is to have special H-scenes, probably one every 3-4 dungeons, that will only be viewable by players who have cleared the previous dungeons on normal mode. Note that I do not plan to penalize players who clear Celie's healing event on easy mode.

Bugs fixed:
    Darin’s Mill soldier event now works properly if you leave town before its completion
    Player can now return to Elian and Celie’s after beating mountain dungeon (as intended)
    Player can no longer walk through some objects in Darin’s Mill
    Game no longer incorrectly tells player they’ve reached the end of content in Oswin’s tower
    Spider sprite fixed
    Version 0.3 is finally out! It's a bit later than I'd hoped, but the extra time definitely helped the game.
    New town
    New quests
    New dungeon
    2 new H-scenes
    Lots of skits, dialogues, and NPCs
    I'm not aware of any serious bugs in this release, but there will probably be minor ones. One feature I didn't implement is easy modes - you'll get a crystal from either Oswin or Elian that is supposed to activate those, but those won't be in game until 0.3.1 or so.

v0.1.3
    NO NEW CONTENT THIS UPDATE!
    There were a few outstanding bugs I decided to address in a quick update. I didn't add any new content - the new content is going to be in 0.2, which you can expect before the end of the month.
    - Resolved issue that could interfere with scripted scenes in dungeon
    - Resolved issue that could trap player in barn
    - Various minor fixes

v0.1.2
    - No new content this update, but there were a few bugs that needed squashing, so I figured I'd get a new version out.

v0.1.0
    - Initial Release

Download:
    Win:

-

-

-

Mac:

-

-

-

Linux:

-

-

-

Thanks @BrokenRose

ugkvdrpptu3e.png txi1fuw5z2ti.png intro_emilyWalk.png intro PC OMG 3.png intro mast 1.png

2. Raxle94

Raxle94 Member

Jul 12, 2017
    This looks interesting! Gonna wait for a Mega link though :)

Deathdawg likes this.
  3. anschwww

anschwww Well-Known Member

May 10, 2017

mac

pc

kampreetos, Krull and samael000 like this.
  4. Fenix34

Fenix34 Active Member

Jun 16, 2017
    i really like the art style, just hate that its another unproportionately huge boobs

quack9 and rick911 like this.
  5. The_fallen_dragon

The_fallen_dragon Active Member

Jun 15, 2017
    I literally played a game exactly the same as his, except you were trapped in a medieval fantasy world.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    DonaldJtrump likes this.
  6. DonutMan

DonutMan Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Well, first off there are some tags missing from the description: Gender-bender and possibly Futunari or dickgirl (second character is kinda ambiguous at this point, could either be a full on dude or just have an added penis).

Writing isn't bad, pulls heavily from the litrpg genre, and while not exactly original it is entertaining and comical. Very little picture or sexual content at this point, but the art is a very cool mix of 3d art and anime drawing style.

Game has promise, but I feel like it could go down the monster rape route like many fantasy games in which you play as a female. In which case I'll probably lose interest.

Oh, and I killed 5 rats and a mini-boss and didn't even hit level 2? Seriously?

aoxian and volto like this.
  7. nigelation

nigelation Active Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Wait I'm slightly confused the guys talking portrait is close to a realistic face but the girl changing is highly cartoony proportions, so wich one is is cartoony or realistic

8. Ignazzio

Ignazzio Well-Known Member

May 8, 2017
    Must say it's pretty impressive. His writing is excellent and CGs are above average. MC while being a girl looks so great I wish it was a normal, fantasy game with female heroine. Still, at this point intro is too slow (option to skip it would be nice as well as savepoint before 1 choice) and choices are meaningless. As there is only a few CGs at this point it can gain some audience after a couple of updates. With this graphical quality and original style that's not a copy paste as most games here it would be much easier to gain popularity if the story was simplier and not a mix of settings and gender-bender but I still like it. Will surely observe this one

volto likes this.
  9. jerricho13

jerricho13 Well-Known Member Donor Jr. Uploader

Dec 4, 2016
    If you had read the synopsis or played the game you would know the answer.

abc6969 and rayvune like this.
  10. Chris1983

Chris1983 Member

Sep 23, 2017
    getting caught in a game reminds me of SAO, Log Horizon and .Hack but still nice concept

11. Nutprime

Nutprime New Member

Jun 3, 2017
    I like it so far, the concept is good, the writing is well done. Looking forward to the next update.

12. nigelation

nigelation Active Member

Apr 28, 2017
    You are right sorry my meds are making me a idiot and forgot about the virtual world bit also I was at work on my phone so I couldn't play it

jerricho13 likes this.
  13. AK47M

AK47M New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I remember a game a while back just like this. The artwork in this game is a lot better, but it seems like the same story. Does anyone know if this is the same dev?

14. hmaxi

hmaxi New Member

May 12, 2017
    Story sounds similar like in the game "Totally Immersed". But it's from another dev.

3dtab7 likes this.
  15. Ignazzio

Ignazzio Well-Known Member

May 8, 2017
    After that you have to return to your house and talk to mirror.

DaMew likes this.
  16. DaMew

DaMew New Member

Aug 18, 2017
    XD i JUST deleted my post about not knowing what to do right when i did exactly what you said to do lolol. I got curious and went back. Thanks for the input :3

17. The_fallen_dragon

The_fallen_dragon Active Member

Jun 15, 2017
    Totally Immersed, that was it I couldn't think of the same to save my life. Oh, I know that they are different devs its just how similar they are in concept and almost execution that caught my attention

18. Hoboy

Hoboy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2017
    I am really liking the writing in this, and the humor. Graphics in the game world are well done, and yes - it's using the same concept as "

by JoeForest (who seems to be more involved in HTML games like S.L.U.T Academy these days) but that's cool. It's a good enough concept to support multiple forays. Hope this continues far...

PS - remember a HRPG from a while ago as well called

that had you controlling a character in the game and making them do thing s they wouldn't normally be doing...kind of like the bedroom and pub scenes in this...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    volto likes this.
  19. kororo runpa

kororo runpa Member

Aug 12, 2017
    why not? grats you caught my attention
    MC that need to be saved, thats fresh
    *hope he get trapped there forever *

p.s since MC got farm related skill when making wrong choice and ded as farm girl
    does that mean its Game over that affect reality?

20. Novacorps

Novacorps Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Short, quite slow to start, but super cute art, and really funny so far. Excited to see this go!

rayvune likes this.