RPGM The Proteus Effect [v10.3] [Proxxie]

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
One More Day!
I'm kind of an optimist, and I always think it will take me less time to do things than it actually does. I'll try to calibrate better for that in the future, but as of right now I think the right choice is to hold off pushing 0.3 out for one more day. I think I could have it out later this evening, but it wouldn't be as polished as I'd like, I couldn't test as many things as I'd like, and there's a couple of minor things I'd have to cut.
I appreciate your patience - I'm not trying to be a tease!
Back to work!
A little teasing is fine so long as theirs a pay off. ;)

Barbie

Aug 17, 2017
How the fuck am i supposed to beat that fucking fire faggot? Terrible game, i delete my pledge right now.
You fight him normally. Ana fights, Alex heals. When you leave the fight to dodge fireballs, you wait for a light to shine in the room on the floor, touch it and the Ice Fairy breaks his shield and then you resume the fight. He does hurt so it would be best to save all your milk and some potions for his large 'fire pillar' style attacks.

Reactions: Jackbite

joeblo

May 28, 2017
How the fuck am i supposed to beat that fucking fire faggot? Terrible game, i delete my pledge right now.
Do you even RPG bro? If you're really having trouble, stock up on a few mana potions (since it's 5 mana for 200ish hp with Heal, best heal to gold ratio and you really shouldn't need more than 1 mana potion a dungeon, if any) heal and mana up before the fight (I'm sure you would have talked to the ice fairy but in case you didnt.... do it) and just have Alex/main PC block to avoid major damage, only not blocking to heal themself and Ana while Ana goes to town.

This is assuming you went and got the other quest items/event bonuses before the game says "HEY, don't go any further unless you're done back there!" and got geared and beefed up. I overstocked on items and still managed to have 1,600 gold left.

If the part you're having trouble with is the part where you wall hug to avoid fire (where did we see that mechanic? oh right, just 30 seconds ago, it's almost like you were being trained!) to grab the shiny on the ground and continue the fight, I'll just leave some wise words that have been passed down from my father and his father and so on: "git gud scrub". And if you really can't somehow manage that, just wait for the 3.1 update so you can put it on easy/story mode.

Reactions: Dixon Butz

tontoman

May 4, 2017
I blame the EA and Ubisofts of the world dumbing down games and making them so easy, folks can't think up strats as lost the training. Thank god for Indie and Kickstarter. Lover Pillars of Eternity etc.
Back in the day, we dungeon crawled with graph paper and a pencil as there was no automap heh.

Loving the humor of the game, curious how you get the different camping scenes. Is it based on the really early games choices? I only got the tent one (and dream in the bed) and afaik and end of game in the tower.

Last edited:
Reactions: smith66

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Oh man - been looking forward to this, but I'm finding the saves incompatible. Playing Mac version and they're not being seen in the 0.3 release. Are the Win saves compatible? Anyone know? I can reconfigure if so...

ruxlpuxl

Jun 24, 2017
Oh man - been looking forward to this, but I'm finding the saves incompatible. Playing Mac version and they're not being seen in the 0.3 release. Are the Win saves compatible? Anyone know? I can reconfigure if so...
Version 0.1.3 to 0.2.4 was'nt compatible. Guess it will be the same for 0.3

Alfar

May 8, 2017
Version 0.1.3 to 0.2.4 was'nt compatible. Guess it will be the same for 0.3
I was able to use my 0.2.3 saves in the 0.3 version. I just copied my save files over and picked up playing from my last save at that wizard Oswin. I didn't encounter any bugs but that isn't to say there aren't any.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Yes and here I thought this weekend was just going to be Holiday parties with people I don't like.

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes