RPGM The Proteus Effect [v10.3] [Proxxie]

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

kingscard

Mar 31, 2017
Everything went great with an old save (the one I already shared). Quests, maps, events.

I was surprised with the events, it went from a very slow build to an ultra fast.

The humor is still here, the originality also, so far it's a really good game :).

Aug 8, 2017
ok i must have totally missed something i never got a quest for ostrich eggs or anythng about a dragon
guess another playthrough is warranted

I got to the bridge into Ogremarsh and it showed the overland map and then nothing tried clicking enter right and left click nothing

Did I do something wrong
Once you're on the overland map, the Orc city is up and to the right, cave entrance (you'll find out later) is roughly in the middle, and the human city is far left. Movement is same as on the normal map.

Be aware that the trigger zones are sometimes smaller than they should be. For instance, the Orc city is 2x2 tiles, but only the bottom left one triggers it.

Aug 8, 2017
I can't find the pot to mix the cookies is that in the game yet?

nm it was in the library .. I'm going really lol after 2hrs of looking for it everywhere else 10+ times.
Huh. That and the flour were the only things I could find. Where are they hiding these cows and chickens? I even tried going back to the starting zone but no such luck.

skirjka

Aug 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

I really like the pictures of this game, does anybody know how they're made ? I mean, are they from a 3d renderer (Daz3d for instance) with model pack, or made manually with Photoshop, or any other way ? I'd be interested to know the models / textures used for these.

I'm actually sad they're too small to fit a fullHD screen ; too bad, I need new wallpapers :p.

Thank you

Jokerzwylde69

Jul 7, 2017
Ok i am stumped I see folks posting about quests that i haven't been able to find. Is there some way to get a quest list and who the quest starter is and probable location

augi36

Aug 20, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a problem. I can not find the 10 yak milk. Does anyone know where she is? :/

Jaspickle

May 15, 2017
Huh. That and the flour were the only things I could find. Where are they hiding these cows and chickens? I even tried going back to the starting zone but no such luck.
For cows and chickens, first try going to the Warg stables at the far western end of Ogremarsh, and talk to the guy who looks after all the animals.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

Jwats

Jan 10, 2018
Found a bug (below)

(related) For those asking about the Milk and Eggs, go to the dragons area, and one is east and one is west, but you have to talk to people in town first.

Now, BUG, if you find the eggs BEFORE talking in town, you can avoid the defensive male by going around the trees. I did, and wasn't able to trigger the quest requirement later. so, just a heads up.

Good luck!

Jwats

Jan 10, 2018
Seriously, how do you save Ana from that first dungeon?
You have to run the gauntlet of fire things to find her, then work it out from there. The quick mobs are the hardest part tho, once past them its downhill.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
You have to run the gauntlet of fire things to find her, then work it out from there. The quick mobs are the hardest part tho, once past them its downhill.
Sorry, but that was not helpful one bit... I found Ana. I know where she is, I just don't know how to free her from that circle she's trapped in.

Reactions: Chrys_Thunder
Aug 8, 2017
Hello everyone,

I really like the pictures of this game, does anybody know how they're made ? I mean, are they from a 3d renderer (Daz3d for instance) with model pack, or made manually with Photoshop, or any other way ? I'd be interested to know the models / textures used for these.

I'm actually sad they're too small to fit a fullHD screen ; too bad, I need new wallpapers :p.

Thank you
The images are created with DAZ3D. The prologue uses Genesis 3 figures rendered with Iray, whereas I believe the game proper uses Genesis 2.

Reactions: skirjka

bvobanagus

Aug 18, 2017
Sorry, but that was not helpful one bit... I found Ana. I know where she is, I just don't know how to free her from that circle she's trapped in.
Sorry, but what have you tried? Did you walk up the stairs to get to her? That should trigger the bad guy coming back.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Sorry, but what have you tried? Did you walk up the stairs to get to her? That should trigger the bad guy coming back.
I tried pretty much everything... up to and including walking up the stairs but I can't get pass that orc standing at the bottom of the stairs. The timing for passing by him is too short... or I'm too slow. But thanks, now I know what I need I'll try a bit more before I give the game up.

Hypothetical

Jan 26, 2018
I tried pretty much everything... up to and including walking up the stairs but I can't get pass that orc standing at the bottom of the stairs. The timing for passing by him is too short... or I'm too slow. But thanks, now I know what I need I'll try a bit more before I give the game up.
Sounds like you've either:
a) Not walked around the side, which should trigger the cutscenes of Ana talking to the wizard, or
b) You've found a bug, in which case you might want to use a save from before you walked into the room

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
So it's a bug... because I did see a cutscene of Ana talking to wizard and he moved west to "check on a mess" or something. But when I tried to use the stairs to get up where wizard and Ana are, there is an orc standing at the bottom of the stairs looking east and south that I can't get by.

I'll use a save from before I entered the dungeon... just to be safe.

skirjka

Aug 30, 2017
The images are created with DAZ3D. The prologue uses Genesis 3 figures rendered with Iray, whereas I believe the game proper uses Genesis 2.
Oh really, thanks. Damn, I'm not really a professional in 3D rendering and I've never got that "colorful" effect on the bodies (I don't know how to call it, very "anime-like" ?). I played with saturation and stuff, never got something like that.

Do you have any idea how to get this kind of result ? It's getting very interesting :D

Thank you

Aug 8, 2017
Oh really, thanks. Damn, I'm not really a professional in 3D rendering and I've never got that "colorful" effect on the bodies (I don't know how to call it, very "anime-like" ?). I played with saturation and stuff, never got something like that.

Do you have any idea how to get this kind of result ? It's getting very interesting :D

Thank you
Mostly I think it comes down to using a relatively saturated, simple textures; simplified caricature-style features; and enough lighting. That said, I'm no professional, and am still learning, myself.

Reactions: skirjka

Ryu Hawke

Jul 1, 2017
I finished this version of the game but didn't come across any H- scenes except for the Orge Inspection scene. Is there only one scene in this version or have I missed something?

I've chkd the image folder and I can see lots of images that I didn't come across in the game.. even though I completed all the quests except that save chicken quest at the beginning.

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes