Ren'Py - The Promise [v0.96] [Xagrim's Gameforge]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Mark2000

Me encanta este juego. Las modelos son muy sexys y la aventura tiene varias tramas que lo hacen muy adictivo.
    Además está divido en tres partes y esta es solo la primera y ya tiene un montón de diversión.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Consistently_1nconsistent

The renders are nice. The story isn't bad either. The problem is the typical free-roam click on everything to figure out what you're supposed to do to get the to the next scene grind fest. It literally kills the game for me. Even with the helpful hints. I just feel like I'm wasting my time on a lot of this and I don't appreciate my time being wasted, you know? I still give it 3 stars because I've gone through much much worse. The MC and majority of the girls are likable. The wife is a bit of a cunt and the surgery is just an excuse in my opinion but that's the thing that causes the MC to start looking at other avenues. Felt like the "daughter's" path should be a lot easier to obtain since she notices the MC looking at her more obviously early on. And the things holding this VN back there need to be overall shorter routes to gaining affection and money. That's where the true grind come into play. And if the the repetitive nature behind the free-roam were removed that would be nice. Anyway, that's just me and I realize there are plenty of readers/players willing to put up with this kind of gameplay in order to gain more story, so I'll just mark this down as not for me. Wish the dev all the best.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JojohanX

this game has all my kinks and more love the how the story is going at the moment and would love to continue seeing more and will support this developer because I feel they have a lot of potential in my opinion
  4. 1.00 star(s)

A lot of tedious and useless operations and a lot of actual content that's not worth wasting so much time on such an old game it's a disgusting milking game and I'm amazed that it has such a high rating
  5. 1.00 star(s)

s278a

Could be a fun game, but the developer is too slow in processing and too complicated in his structure.

There is no possibility to jump to any content. This is frustrating when the saves are not working anymore or are not longer compatible with newer versions.

Also after 3 years development: Every update seems to not have content you want.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

jed999

I played this early on and enjoyed it, trying to play it now was about as enjoyable as going to the dentist for a root canal.
    The grind is horrific, the dev put safeguards in so you cannot cheat without jumping through flaming hoops.
    I could never get the console to run. It's almost like the Dev is trying to punish the player.
    It's a hard no for me without a cheat mod or detailed walk through
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Abbys_Cat

Let's go, v0.93 review...

I started playing this game a long time ago. At first, I thought it was cool, decent map, most places open for you, some with specific hours, but I played it with THE PROMISE that the story would progress. Most criticize the game here because it lacks certain scenes, but I'm annoyed because after all these years, the game hasn't progressed even 1%. You make money, at first it's neat seeing the kitchen table getting more stuff added to it. But the author started adding NTR missions that I'm not a fan of (personally) - I let that slide due to the "supposed" story. You make money, switch jobs, upgrade jobs, watch various TV ads about a futuristic world where you need to gather 20k to pay for your citizenship, save up a ton to move houses, and the game doesn't move forward at all. It's an endless grind of the same scenes all the time, to a point where you just get tired. As someone who's played for years... I'm done. I genuinely tried to keep playing, but seeing the author constantly adding pointless secondary girls and abandoning the main story tells me two things: either the author genuinely can't progress in the story they created, or they're just trying to maximize supporter profits. I genuinely hope it's not the latter.

If you want to play, go for it and see for yourself. You might like it, you might not, but I'm just giving a heads-up: the story doesn't move forward, so don't even try to get excited. :(
  8. 2.00 star(s)

majestydx8

This game I have been playing for almost a year. The updates are on a monthly basis but never understood what is being updated.

All the side characters are being updated and some random things are being added. I don't understand why the Dev is not updating the step-daughter route.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

stat91

Dev completely ignores main story/love interest progression in favor of random, ever expanding side content. Another game to milk subs where you never get any progress with the one character everyone wants to "progress" with.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Doctor Shark

v0.93 review

The models are great and I'm a big fan of any corruption game that has the characters change outfits as your relationship changes. Unfortunately, the gameplay is just too frustrating.

I do know that you can click on the ??? characters in the guide and it will say you haven't met them yet but if you go to quests it will tell you how to meet them. Unfortunately, many of the events are randomly triggered. I spent hours trying to progress Mia's plotline. Many other character progression events are only available once a week. And then lots of quests and even whole characters aren't in the in-game guide so you're never sure if you're done with the plot line or just having bad RNG on the random events.

Bottom line, no game should need a walkthrough to play but if your game needs a walkthrough to play then it needs to be helpful.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

yetitron

Many repetitive, with the good and bad of this kind of situations, but extremly hard long to achive thee quests, innecesary for this types of games. more hours of SKYRYM, i like all kind of womens, GILF, MILF, hairy and shaved, thats its a goal, i rather milf hairy, and this gamee had.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Sesinho

This game is grindy as fuck, and that is because the fact that you have to accumulate insane amounts of multiple stats but doesn't help the fact that scenes are not worth, they just come and go, with special mention to 1 render massages that you can perform once a week, its like the dev doesn't even care.

Also there are many events that you wil probably won't trigger in your entire life, wither because of stats or because combinations of circumstances? I personaly don't understand the logic behind it. I don't know why that happens, and there are others that remain forgotten month after month year after year but you have seen them in a loop expecting them to move forward at some point but never do, like Lisa massage, or even the pool.

After playing v91 I think this is the end. 6Years in development for this is very much pointless.

TLDR
    the game focus is the wife, and side characters are filler, but even so there are many sucking production time.
    Characters are not specially pretty, nor the way they are presented.
    Sex scenes are very basic.
    A main character blueballing the player after 6 years of development, no comments.

I can not say "wait a couple years" with this one. Play it to discover that the lack of quality and connective tissue doesnt make up for all the grind.
    Flat graphics, quite dated.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

13mpty

it seems there are some NTR here that its not mentioned or
    exhibitionism at least, not fan of NTR at all and exhibitionism for me its border line but fine, the game is good, but it has too much grinding (although) not has bad in terms of how to do it, but it just to repetitive and without any guidance, there is a quest log etc but its just there to "guide you" but it doents help much, I think they should remove the grinding or at least reduce it to a good level it should be alright, and remove the NRT and exhibitionism, why in the hell would anyone want to share their harem? beats me, there is no sex with the d yet.

the game has huge potential but we will see
  14. 1.00 star(s)

registerforfree

I tried on many occasions to play this game, because of couple good looking models. The grind is insane so i just deleted the game. i don mind a littel grind this is too mush. There is some hot models there.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

hamburger43b

A bit grindy but very enjoyable. A lot of options! I wish there was a better guide or quest system to know my progress. Still I love the premise. Can't wait for the next update. Reading through the update notes I see a lot of content that I haven't experienced yet. I wish I knew why.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

merleved

This game seems extremely polarizing, most of which seems to be related to the 'grind' mechanic for progression.

I have chosen to review the game in its 0.88 state and I am pleased to report that I absolutely love it. The scope of the project is sprawling and I have limited hope on the entire 'trilogy' ever being finished, but I am along for the ride either way.

The grind is satisfying to me, often resulting in a very slow buildup but with moments of great payoff. The dev has attempted to mitigate the repetitiveness inherent in grinding state games by providing enough varying elements that the grinds have cycles rather than all being identical.

Love the renders. I am over the moon about the fact that most of the women in the game are not 'perfect 10s' or even close. They range from 'plain' to 'cute' with very realistic modeling unafraid to show features like striations, skin blemishes, razor burn, body hair, moles, freckles, etc. This creates a very 'lived in feel' to the cast and world that I find highly enjoyable.

Double plus points and high marks for a wide range of pubic hair styles, with an unabashed willingness to make some women extremely hairy, from bush to asshole. I really wish we saw this in more games, but it is excellently depicted here.

I find the writing to be extremely clever in most instances. It can be in turns plain, hilarious, and extremely erotic. The story itself is futuristic, but grounded and of perfectly acceptable quality for adult game fare.

I feel that there is an abundance of story to see here, as well as side-story content, most of which is gated by stats/grinding, but very little of which is gated by time. You have ample opportunity to accomplish your goals and waste time comfortably without feeling pressured. Most paths are not exclusive, so you can experience what content you wish once you meet the gated requirements.

Really looking forward to seeing this series progress with time.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

NotJonathanFrakes

Great game so far! A sandbox game with enough content to warrant for being a sandbox unlike so many (empty) others.
    There's a fair amount of variety in the characters and it's nice to see a dev not use the same bombshell body type with some generic model face all the time. The quests and goals in terms of progression do take some time and increase in rather small increments, but still felt worth the effort for me.
    Choices and the level of control you have over certain scenes felt great and the decision-making impactful.
    Altogether a great game in the making, especially considering that this project is a solo-dev one! Looking very much forward to upcoming updates!
  18. 1.00 star(s)

list101

I tried on many occasions to play this game, because of the tags and couple of good looking models.
    Yet the grind is insane and at the end of it you'll get to see a tit. Wow! Fucking wow!
    I finally had enough. The good looking daughter is there just for teasing. The fugly wife is an eyesore - I am not interested to fuck that even with the neighbor's dick. Fap time is precious. There is absolutely no point to suffer through that with so many better alternatives out there.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Daughter keps teasing you she wants sex in the end you end up with a you can watch but no touch rule
    Story is bad
    Mc needs to be the man earning money for him family
    While wife works to Does that mean she doesn't get paid ? :WaitWhat:
    So many woman most of the you can't even have sex with i think
    I did not finish everything because i was so bored
    No idea what hidden stats are
    Wife is to annoying
    Renders are good
    Will keeping a eye out on this game hoping it gets better
  20. 2.00 star(s)

Pr0GamerJohnny

I went through 3 phases with this game, and I'm guessing many others were the same:

1) skepticism/doubt - relatively low popularity/reviewed/downloaded game, looks kinda meh but what the hell Ill give it a try

2) Engagement/enthusiasm - hey this is a pretty cool sandbox, and unlike many games, half the locations arent closed for 80% of the day! neat! and its got a fun kinda sci-fi ish story, and slow burn relationships.

3) the realization of grind and impending blue balls - surely if I just do ONE more jack pool scene theyll have a sharing bang right? NOPE! -surely if I just do one more scene with Jenny, itll be an actually non-softcore hbo sex scene right? NOPE! -Surely if I do one more run to the shady area of the park, itll turn into a fuckfest right? NOPE!

Look im all for slow burn games, makes the payoff all the much better, but the pacing is just AWFUL in this - id call it a logarithmic curve but thats not accurate because its fairly constant and linear up to a point, then it just never delivers - its more like a piecewise function with a linear slope up, then boom! horizontal asymptote.

If the stories actually had both sexual and emotional conclusions and arc completions this could easily be 4-5 stars, and it wouldnt be hard, the groundwork is already laid, I was shocked actually that the natural 'good' ending wouldnt consist of the wife getting plastic surgery if you chose all the "pro govt" lines, or her turning even uglier into a used trailer park tramp if you did corruption stuff, but NOPE, neither happens, just tapers off to day in- day out boredom.