3.80 star(s) 33 Votes

Jdiezel

Jun 28, 2022
NOPE, I don't think so since it would require too much work, but...
NOTE:
press Shift + Arrow keys to make character RUN
press Ctrl to SKIP text messages
press S to make text HIDDED to view full scene images
press Alt+Tab for FullScreen :)
thanks, i already knew that stuff i just greatly prefer playing rpgm games on mouse.

lossless scaling is great too for making games like princess zeven look better. i used that and just spent some time in the gallery. it was one of the first times ive looked at a gallery and really wanted to play through the game lol

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
thanks, i already knew that stuff i just greatly prefer playing rpgm games on mouse.

lossless scaling is great too for making games like princess zeven look better. i used that and just spent some time in the gallery. it was one of the first times ive looked at a gallery and really wanted to play through the game lol
Thanks for explanation. From what I know RPGM is divided into different engines.
One is MV+MZ engines, which is very moddable (for me) and so it can many plugins that support additional functions like text skip or hide and it has mouse support.
Second is Ace and similar - different code and harder to mod and add additional functions (like text hide and skip). There is possibility, but it needs more knowledge than I have. Mouse support in this kind of engine is almost non existant (probably very hard to implement). Nevertheless I personally never had problem with lack of mouse support. I started my PC experience when there was no mouse at all attached - pre-Windows and all GUI era, so for me main input is keyboard. No keyboard is a problem.
But I accept opinion of someone probably much younger.
Believe me it's very easy to play with keyboard once you used to it. You probably just lack that experience.
I didn't try use any scaling program, but the game is great anyway.
One day I will have to try a scaling program to see the difference.

Jdiezel

Jun 28, 2022
Thanks for explanation. From what I know RPGM is divided into different engines.
One is MV+MZ engines, which is very moddable (for me) and so it can many plugins that support additional functions like text skip or hide and it has mouse support.
Second is Ace and similar - different code and harder to mod and add additional functions (like text hide and skip). There is possibility, but it needs more knowledge than I have. Mouse support in this kind of engine is almost non existant (probably very hard to implement). Nevertheless I personally never had problem with lack of mouse support. I started my PC experience when there was no mouse at all attached - pre-Windows and all GUI era, so for me main input is keyboard. No keyboard is a problem.
But I accept opinion of someone probably much younger.
Believe me it's very easy to play with keyboard once you used to it. You probably just lack that experience.
I didn't try use any scaling program, but the game is great anyway.
One day I will have to try a scaling program to see the difference.
i started playing lewd games around 2020 (also got my pc around then) i mostly played renpy games at first so i became really comfortable with just using mouse. its not that im not comfortable with using keyboard, i just feel much more relaxed using mouse, especially when im just playing with one hand.

the lossless scaling will just auto scale the game to fit you monitors resolution more clearly. it def looks better than the games default full screen.

thanks for the explanation as well, i knew there was different kinds of rpgm engines but i never really knew the difference. so MV+MZ is the more modern engine? is that what most devs use now?

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
i started playing lewd games around 2020 (also got my pc around then) i mostly played renpy games at first so i became really comfortable with just using mouse. its not that im not comfortable with using keyboard, i just feel much more relaxed using mouse, especially when im just playing with one hand.

the lossless scaling will just auto scale the game to fit you monitors resolution more clearly. it def looks better than the games default full screen.

thanks for the explanation as well, i knew there was different kinds of rpgm engines but i never really knew the difference. so MV+MZ is the more modern engine? is that what most devs use now?
Well RenPy is kind of engine which can be problematic to use with only keyboard and highliting with mouse is faster there WHEN objects are VISIBLE and clearly marked. But keyboard is useful to find HIDDEN OBJECTS - a small hack :)

For RPGM different engines I know that MZ is later version of MV, but VxAce (+predecensors I don't remember 3-4 versions) is other branch. Visually they look and operate similar, but different program code.
In MV+MZ you can maximize the program, but cannot go FullScreen by Alt+Tab... different.
Devs use what they learned or what is more convenient for them eventually what is expected.
Freedom and no real standard.

3.80 star(s) 33 Votes