RPGM Abandoned The Portal [v0.1 Fixed] [Kyuba]

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Ok, so I really can't do games, I missplaced the spawnpoint on the fixed version (explanation : I was testing things, and forgot to put the spawn point back in the beginning. In short, i'm dumb), i'm taking it down since that's dumb.
Here's the really fixed and final version (beside the spawn point, everything was fine) :

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Ok, replaced OP with actual working fixed links, dev sent me broken test build by accident, so if you downloaded in past hour or so you gotta re download.

First release of first game, something goes wrong for every dev not the end of the world.

May 30, 2017
I mean, you're honest and hardworking dev so props for that. Inexperience can be excused if the issues are dealt with quickly, respectfully, and with humility. You seem to be doing all of that amazingly. I would suggest testing your own game a bit more before releasing updates, or maybe message a few people on this thread who have been helpful and give them an advanced copy by a few hours - or however long they need to find any glaring bugs. However well intentioned you are, and however quickly and happily you fix things, people are going to turn off and look elsewhere if they dl a broken game.

But good on you for trying stuff, for learning, for being a nice guy/gal, and for making a game that is within your means to deliver. So many devs try stuff like 3d unity stuff for their first game, deliver crap for 9 months then abandon it. Youre using a generator for cgs, an engine that, while it is imperfect, you understand how to use, and youre focusing on what you think youre best at. Good on you!

Reactions: Alma_Elma

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
I mean, you're honest and hardworking dev so props for that. Inexperience can be excused if the issues are dealt with quickly, respectfully, and with humility. You seem to be doing all of that amazingly. I would suggest testing your own game a bit more before releasing updates, or maybe message a few people on this thread who have been helpful and give them an advanced copy by a few hours - or however long they need to find any glaring bugs. However well intentioned you are, and however quickly and happily you fix things, people are going to turn off and look elsewhere if they dl a broken game.

But good on you for trying stuff, for learning, for being a nice guy/gal, and for making a game that is within your means to deliver. So many devs try stuff like 3d unity stuff for their first game, deliver crap for 9 months then abandon it. Youre using a generator for cgs, an engine that, while it is imperfect, you understand how to use, and youre focusing on what you think youre best at. Good on you!
I can't guarantee it wont be crap for nine month, you guys will be the judge of that lul
But thanks, and I didn't put it in this version, but I have a text file with every free of use ressources I used for making the games, for exemple the monster sprites, musics and all, I have to make sure to credit them.

An you're right, I should get a few people to first test the version, even as we're talking i'm feeling bad for the people who might have downloaded the broken version, it might just feel like a waste of time for them, and I could understand that, so yeah, my bad for not testing enough and making sure everything is alright before uploading. I do think a dev have to know when it's his mistake, and fix it, for some reason some people take people reporting issues really badly, but whatever this isn't the subject ahah.

And yeah, Koikatu as a way to do CG has it's prons and cons, it can be a pain sometimes, but I like the renders, and I can't afford with my current computer to render so much CG in something like DaZ, takes too much times. (though I did have to scrap some ideas because of both Koikatu and RPGM, I found ways to do otherwise without feeling like a quick fix for a problem, but a real solution, it feels really good as a dev to find those)

Reactions: vengefulspirit

theases2000

May 19, 2017
just found a bug, if you save before talk to the girl in the slime cave and you are in front of her, every time you load the save it will start the talk with the girl

Kinjiru

Sep 30, 2018
Something about RPG Maker just sucks the appeal right out of any game for me, personally. Good luck!

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
i don't know, i'm stuck there
You can load save slot 10, it's where the autosave is, and it should only save upon transfers, so when you enter a new area, you should be back like you were when you entered the dungeon

theases2000

May 19, 2017
You can load save slot 10, it's where the autosave is, and it should only save upon transfers, so when you enter a new area, you should be back like you were when you entered the dungeon
here is the thing, i accidentaly saved in that slot because is the one predefinide to put when you are going to save

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
here is the thing, i accidentaly saved in that slot because is the one predefinide to put when you are going to save
I really have to find a way to change the predefined slot eh.
I couldn't reproduce the bug, I don't know why it's happening to you.
And as for how to fix your save, I'm sending you a private message.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Worst thing I have seen in regards to the game is the fact that it constantly increases the required RAM until game finally crashes from over/abuse of allocated RAM.
Not sure wether that's a side effect of you oversized maps, or wether this is the standard RPGM MV problem... I know other creators/games don't have these problems with the same engine so maybe you can fix that problem

Reactions: Hermies

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Worst thing I have seen in regards to the game is the fact that it constantly increases the required RAM until game finally crashes from over/abuse of allocated RAM.
Not sure wether that's a side effect of you oversized maps, or wether this is the standard RPGM MV problem... I know other creators/games don't have these problems with the same engine so maybe you can fix that problem
That's weird, I never witnessed it.
After how much time does it occur in your session ? And did it happen with anyone else ? It might have to do with one of the plugins.
I think it might have to do with the preloader (a pretty important thing to not break cutscenes) and the game not dumping, I will have a look at it, and (try to) have it fixed by the next version.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
RPGM MV starts 4 instances in the Task-Manager, the main instance takes up 300k+ RAM Storage... so far so good... but every other second the allocated RAM increases until windows kills the Task at around 2GB RAM.
On another note I can't seem to complete the knights Quest for the Muccus... I got 22 in my inventory but he keeps telling me to go to the Dungeon to get some.
I even saved the little Sister of ...Letuce was is it?

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
RPGM MV starts 4 instances in the Task-Manager, the main instance takes up 300k+ RAM Storage... so far so good... but every other second the allocated RAM increases until windows kills the Task at around 2GB RAM.
On another note I can't seem to complete the knights Quest for the Muccus... I got 22 in my inventory but he keeps telling me to go to the Dungeon to get some.
I even saved the little Sister of ...Letuce was is it?
Thanks for the info, I will look into it.
And seems like you're right, I just fixed the quest, dumb mistake again lol

Edit : And it's Lethice :p

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
Whoa, did I missed the first page? :LOL:
Congrats for the first release!

Gotta put it on my watched list atm but I'll definitely try it later when official/unofficial ported is avaiable.

Best of luck, man! :giggle:

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Whoa, did I missed the first page? :LOL:
Congrats for the first release!

Gotta put it on my watched list atm but I'll definitely try it later when official/unofficial ported is avaiable.

Best of luck, man! :giggle:
Thanks !
Well, I will see for a port later, but with how the plugins I have, it might not be possible, i'm not sure how it works, so I don't want do get your hopes up.

@Alma_Elma another thing I am not sure wether or not it's intended... the player can buy and find rings yet can't equip them
Well, I was sure I fixed that, seems like I didn't, fixed it for real this time

EDIT : Thanks guys for reporting bugs, every bug gameplay-wise except for a leak of memory and maybe a bug save (dont save just in front of a person or when you load it will talk to them, at least it happened to one person here so better safe than sorry)
Only a few bugs in cutscenes to fix, and I can go forward on 0.2 without having to worry about previous bugs

Hermies

Feb 7, 2018
So, I feel the need to post how dumb the bug in the inn was.
I though at first you were talking about the inn in Midas, since the inn in the middle road isn't really in a town lul.
It's really simple really, I just forgot, and somehow never saw I forgot, to add a way outside, so whenever you entered the inn, you were doomed.

First I'll just say that I'll get that "window quote" thing someday...
As soon as I red your post I thought, Hey that would be pretty cool the "Inn Of Doom" you could have it run by several higher level succubus or changeling type "Madams" and if you enter the Inn below say level 10, then there's no way out and your
"Doomed". level 10 or up has a chance to fight your way out and receive different rewards based on How you defeat the "Madams". I was thinking like 3 one boss and two subs.
All that said I like what's going on so far "Save for the bugs" but I think the game has a ton of good potential thanks for all your hard work and keep it up.:)

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
So, I feel the need to post how dumb the bug in the inn was.
I though at first you were talking about the inn in Midas, since the inn in the middle road isn't really in a town lul.
It's really simple really, I just forgot, and somehow never saw I forgot, to add a way outside, so whenever you entered the inn, you were doomed.

First I'll just say that I'll get that "window quote" thing someday...
As soon as I red your post I thought, Hey that would be pretty cool the "Inn Of Doom" you could have it run by several higher level succubus or changeling type "Madams" and if you enter the Inn below say level 10, then there's no way out and your
"Doomed". level 10 or up has a chance to fight your way out and receive different rewards based on How you defeat the "Madams". I was thinking like 3 one boss and two subs.
All that said I like what's going on so far "Save for the bugs" but I think the game has a ton of good potential thanks for all your hard work and keep it up.:)
You can just hit the reply or quote button under the person message :p
Well, that's not a bad idea, I though of things like that, but less "harsh", I want to avoid a potential hardlock of a save, so there's always going to be a way out (but there will probably be a price to pay eheh), or maybe I will just change how death behaviour, and make it that when you die, you go back to the last "safe point" (being the last inn you were or just a teleport monolith), cause I don't like game over that makes you load your last save myself. And some area will be just ridiculously strong and the player probably wont expect it (and some people probably didn't expect the slimes in the dungeon to be so tough).
But I have some mecanics to polish too, I like the AP system in itself, but it isn't good enough.
And by the next version, there will be some tutorials in Midas, just to explain the player about AP and unlockable skills, since they aren't in RPGM games to begin with, I should have done them for 0.1 though.